Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #341
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Despising an abomination is not prejudice. It's following the word of the Lord.

    That will never "die out"

    THE GOD OF THE BIBLE WILL NOT ALLOW THE ABOMINATION OF HOMOSEXUALITY TO GO UNCHALLENGED AND UNPUNISHED. Unless something is done to stop the moral degeneration, America would do well to prepare for the inevitable, divine expulsion.

    Apologetics Press - The Founders on Homosexuality
    Why should your hate and intolerance and ignorance be the law of the land? Please explain that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #342
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,050

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Any more subjective than allowing Gays to redefine marriage? Or that Gay deserve special rights?

    This whole Gays rights issue is subjective. (based om emotion)

    Yes it does effect a parent/child relationship when public schools and the media make kids feel that they have to accept Gays or be called names. (stigmatized)
    There is no "defining" going on in reality. Legal marriage isn't changing its function at all. It is still used to make two people legal spouses with each other.

    No, it doesn't legitimately affect the parent/child relationship unless people like you teach your children or other children that there is something wrong with kids who are raised by same sex parents. But if you are talking about the other children, too bad. They need to learn to accept that people are different, despite what their parents or their church/religion may be pushing them toward.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    You do not get what we mean. It is just another belief system that you seem to want others to subscribe to and create law around it. Your beliefs are duly noted and are irrelevant to the application of law.

    I am not sure how to get you to understand that your belief system is yours to enjoy and not force on others.

    In terms of law, marriage is essentially a contract between two people. Just like a normal contract, it can be dissolved.

    If your faith may not allow you to get divorced, that is fine. You can still get divorced LEGALLY, but you of course will have divorce may be problematic with your church - but that is not going to stop the government from allowing the divorce. Your metaphysical idealization of divorce is yours to own.
    I understand the current system. I just think it horrible.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I understand the current system. I just think it horrible.
    Your system sounds horrible and tyrannical, with no respect for free will. It is the opposite of what our Founding Fathers desired.

    However it is so far from their precepts that I'm not worried about it being implemented here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #345
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Despising an abomination is not prejudice. It's following the word of the Lord.

    That will never "die out"

    THE GOD OF THE BIBLE WILL NOT ALLOW THE ABOMINATION OF HOMOSEXUALITY TO GO UNCHALLENGED AND UNPUNISHED. Unless something is done to stop the moral degeneration, America would do well to prepare for the inevitable, divine expulsion.

    Apologetics Press - The Founders on Homosexuality
    And this...boys and girls...is why we have a separation of church and state.

  6. #346
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,246

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting someone will try to force a real estate salesman to make a wedding cake? And you think anti-discrimination laws would require them to make a wedding cake?
    No, I am saying that when retailers refuse to make a wedding cake for ANYBODY, what are you going to do, force them?

    Scenario: The best baker/photographer/caterer in town is a Christian. He/she no longer does weddings because of this crap, but his/her work is still highly prized.

    What are you going to do, force him to serve you?

  7. #347
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,246

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Why should your hate and intolerance and ignorance be the law of the land? Please explain that.
    Why should yours?

  8. #348
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    1.)No, I am saying that when retailers refuse to make a wedding cake for ANYBODY, what are you going to do, force them?
    2.)Scenario: The best baker/photographer/caterer in town is a Christian. He/she no longer does weddings because of this crap, but his/her work is still highly prized.
    3.)What are you going to do, force him to serve you?
    1.) nobody is being forced now and nobody will be forced for the made up scenario
    2.) not doing wedding cakes is perfectly legal, doesnt break the law nor infringe on the rights of others
    3.) cant force them to serve you just like they cant be forced to serve now.

    do you understand the law and rights? you scenario has nothing to do with illegal discrimination and rights violations.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #349
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,120

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    No, I am saying that when retailers refuse to make a wedding cake for ANYBODY, what are you going to do, force them?

    Scenario: The best baker/photographer/caterer in town is a Christian. He/she no longer does weddings because of this crap, but his/her work is still highly prized.

    What are you going to do, force him to serve you?
    if they wont work with you on what they still do because your gay punishing them seems to be the right thing to do

    if they give up serving every one in the way they refuse you that's seems fair

    **** those bigots

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,120

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    Why should yours?
    intolerance of groundless intolerance seems like a good thing

    for example

    your bad because I believe you are what you do is wrong because I believe it is!

    no reason to put up with that kind of bull **** from the government or those you do business with

Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •