Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #321
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There are women being killed just for wanting equal rights, an education, to not be beat or considered slaves/property, yet you believe that God is so petty that He would be more concerned with the gays?
    "Your God is too small!"

    Probably Not Actually Said By Giordano Bruno during his heresy trial
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #322
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    You discriminate every day. We just haven't made your brand of discrimination against the law. But we will.

    What are you going to say when thinking people say "I don't make wedding cakes, I don't perform marriages, I don't cater wedding receptions"?

    Force them?

    I don't think you understand how Public Accommodation laws work. Let me assist you.

    When a business voluntarily opens they determine the goods and services that they will offer to the general public. A business is not required under Public Accommodation laws to add goods and services that they do no routinely offer. Using your example, if a bakery doesn't make wedding cakes or a caterer doesn't cater wedding receptions, then they are not required by the law to bake wedding cakes or cater wedding receptions for anyone.

    Notice I skipped "I don't perform marriages" - that depends on the "who" is. There are 3 types of individuals capable of officiating a wedding ceremony (religious and civil).

    1. Clergy: If it is a member of the clergy officiating a wedding, then they are not required to perform a religious ceremony that conflicts with their religious dogma.

    2. Government officials in the performance of official duties: These would typically fall into the Records Registrar and County Clerk jobs where their job description requires that they issue Civil Marriage licenses and in some places perform a Civil Service on the spot. Since it is their job, and as employees of the government, they can be required to perform their assigned duties.

    3. Government officials NOT in the performance of official duties: These include Judges, Mayors, (in some places) Notaries, etc. able perform Civil Marriage ceremonies on a voluntary basis, they are not required to do it as any part of their official job description but are empowered to do it if they choose. I seem to remember a Judge some time ago that refused to perform ANY marriage ceremonies because of discrimination against same-sex couples. If the individual decides to not perform any (different-sex or same-sex) ceremonies, they are free to do that.



    >>>>

  3. #323
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    What percentage of SSMz actually involve children (counting the ones whose lives are ruined bscause of it) ?
    Gay people want families as much as straight people. Reproduction is the strongest instinct on Earth.

    Even when in straight relationships (many gays married in attempts to seem 'normal,' or to fulfill social expectations), gay people have kids. That's been history for centuries if not longer.

    So plenty have kids...from previous straight relationships, from adoption, IVF, surrogates, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Stigmatization.

    The Leftist mind washings have also driven a wedge between children and normal parents.
    Once people like you die out....aging away...those generations with such prejudices will be gone and that stigma will disappear.

    As it is disappearing for interracial marriage... but sadly, not gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #325
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    I don't think you understand how Public Accommodation laws work. Let me assist you.

    When a business voluntarily opens they determine the goods and services that they will offer to the general public. A business is not required under Public Accommodation laws to add goods and services that they do no routinely offer. Using your example, if a bakery doesn't make wedding cakes or a caterer doesn't cater wedding receptions, then they are not required by the law to bake wedding cakes or cater wedding receptions for anyone.

    Notice I skipped "I don't perform marriages" - that depends on the "who" is. There are 3 types of individuals capable of officiating a wedding ceremony (religious and civil).

    1. Clergy: If it is a member of the clergy officiating a wedding, then they are not required to perform a religious ceremony that conflicts with their religious dogma.

    2. Government officials in the performance of official duties: These would typically fall into the Records Registrar and County Clerk jobs where their job description requires that they issue Civil Marriage licenses and in some places perform a Civil Service on the spot. Since it is their job, and as employees of the government, they can be required to perform their assigned duties.

    3. Government officials NOT in the performance of official duties: These include Judges, Mayors, (in some places) Notaries, etc. able perform Civil Marriage ceremonies on a voluntary basis, they are not required to do it as any part of their official job description but are empowered to do it if they choose. I seem to remember a Judge some time ago that refused to perform ANY marriage ceremonies because of discrimination against same-sex couples. If the individual decides to not perform any (different-sex or same-sex) ceremonies, they are free to do that.



    >>>>
    There was a Justice of the Peace somewhere in the South that refused to preside over interracial marriages.

    Judge Defends Denied Interracial Marriage - CBS News

    He did resign over it before we could find out if the state would have done anything about his refusal. He was sued by the couple but they dropped the charges within the year.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Ontological is code word for "I do not want to sound like I am imposing God or my religion on others so I pull the ontological circular argument out to pretend like I am not in favor of imposing theocracy on Americans that seem to think mixing state and religion is a very very very bad thing.
    I can't help it if you don't know what words mean.

    Ontology - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

  7. #327
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I can't help it if you don't know what words mean.

    Ontology - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    That's an extremely simple definition. You have completely denied even reading the 2 I posted earlier in the thread. That is very odd...can you explain why you ignored them?
    Did you understand what the words meant?


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    This was a direct quote:

    Ontological argument:

    : an argument for the existence of God based upon the meaning of the term God

    Here's the link: Ontological argument - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary


    We can go with this one too, which also is explicitly about hierarchies of existence:

    Ontology is the philosophical study of the nature of being, becoming, existence, or reality, as well as the basic categories of being and their relations. Traditionally listed as a part of the major branch of philosophy known as metaphysics, ontology deals with questions concerning what entities exist or can be said to exist, and how such entities can be grouped, related within a hierarchy, and subdivided according to similarities and differences.

    Ontology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    It all comes back to a higher authority running the show. Your denial is clear dishonesty. What does your 'higher authority' think about lying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #328
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    This is like saying that mixed children are stigmatized by their families for making them believe that interracial relationships are normal and that mixed children's stigmatization (which still does exist in some places) is due to their parents, not those who are simply being taught to hate others based on who their parents are, to stigmatize, tease, or ostracize others based on who their parents are.
    No it's not and you are smart enough to know it.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #329
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    "Horrible example for our young people" would be a subjective assessment and therefore meaningless. And you cannot turn someone gay by mentoring them or setting an example for them.
    Any more subjective than allowing Gays to redefine marriage? Or that Gay deserve special rights?

    This whole Gays rights issue is subjective. (based om emotion)

    Yes it does effect a parent/child relationship when public schools and the media make kids feel that they have to accept Gays or be called names. (stigmatized)
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #330
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Once people like you die out....aging away...those generations with such prejudices will be gone and that stigma will disappear.

    As it is disappearing for interracial marriage... but sadly, not gone.
    Despising an abomination is not prejudice. It's following the word of the Lord.

    That will never "die out"

    THE GOD OF THE BIBLE WILL NOT ALLOW THE ABOMINATION OF HOMOSEXUALITY TO GO UNCHALLENGED AND UNPUNISHED. Unless something is done to stop the moral degeneration, America would do well to prepare for the inevitable, divine expulsion.

    Apologetics Press - The Founders on Homosexuality
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •