Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #271
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,290

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    OMG, how irrelevant!

    Ontological argument:

    : an argument for the existence of God based upon the meaning of the term God


    Palecon continues to attempt to get Americal to create (or maintain) law based on a belief in God.
    There it is in a nutshell.

  2. #272
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    People can change their minds, and they can also legally get out of contracts. Life changes, people change. No one else is justified in judging their reasons. Certainly not you or the govt.

    Forcing people to remain in relationships can do more harm than good...more abuse, more violence, more children seeing and continuing the cycle.

    You extend your religious beliefs into fantasy. That is scary.

    And 'my God' is the God of the New Testament. Loving and forgiving. Not vengeful and petty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Most divorces aren't because of abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    No, but probably many are due to adultery. That is an abuse of the other partner in that commitment/contract.

    Nice attempt at avoiding an answer tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    There wasn't a question.
    No, it wasnt a question...it refuted your attempt at an answer.

    As you still cannot refute it, my argument remains as truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #273
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When you face your maker you will regret that statement.
    Why do you fundies get some kind of erotic thrill out of telling people that they will suffer after death?

    You have no business speaking for your sadomasochistic "god"
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #274
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    It is correct that my being Catholic is why I believe divorce should be illegal.
    Is the USA a Catholic run theocratic government?

    No

    Then, too freaking bad for you, your beliefs don't make law.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #275
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Because divorce purports to legitimize the prospect if remarriage.
    And our law allows people to divorce and move on with their lives. No one's asking you or anyone besides the govt to 'legitimize it.' Your perspective on it means nothing outside your own beliefs, or perhaps anyone that shares them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, it wasnt a question...it refuted your attempt at an answer.

    As you still cannot refute it, my argument remains as truth.
    There was nothing for me to refute. Only your assertions.

  7. #277
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    How about their being a horrible example.for our young people? How about we would eventually die out if everyone decide to be Gay? How about God detroying us for allowing it to be normalised?
    Two people in love getting married is a horrible example for young people? In your twisted universe...

    Everyone "decide to be Gay?" Uh...people don't decide to be gay, your "god" creates them that way, and evidently your "god" is some kind of sadistic jerk for wanting to "detroy" us for doing something that he created.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  8. #278
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post


    Do tell us about Jesus' rants against homosexuality.
    Jesus hung out with a bunch of guys...just saying...and he was a bachelor....
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  9. #279
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post

    Now what are you babbling about?
    Here, let me post it for you for clarity, altho I dont know why you've forgotten it so quicky.


    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Because it is not possible ontologically to terminate such a marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    OMG, how irrelevant!

    Ontological argument:

    : an argument for the existence of God based upon the meaning of the term God

    Palecon continues to attempt to get Americal to create (or maintain) law based on a belief in God.
    Where was I babbling again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    There was nothing for me to refute. Only your assertions.
    You could not refute my assertions. I like that. It shows that they are valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •