Page 24 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #231
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    We are discussing marriage and the married
    Says the man bringing up fornication.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #232
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    They have to stay in those relationships because they agreed to.

    I strongly suspect that *your God* is just a bigger and more powerful version of yourself.
    Funny you should say that. Don't you think it's interesting how everyone's God so conveniently mirrors his own beliefs?

  3. #233
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    They have to stay in those relationships because they agreed to.

    I strongly suspect that *your God* is just a bigger and more powerful version of yourself.
    People can change their minds, and they can also legally get out of contracts. Life changes, people change. No one else is justified in judging their reasons. Certainly not you or the govt.

    Forcing people to remain in relationships can do more harm than good...more abuse, more violence, more children seeing and continuing the cycle.

    You extend your religious beliefs into fantasy. That is scary.

    And 'my God' is the God of the New Testament. Loving and forgiving. Not vengeful and petty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right. So just say that. Don't try to hide it behind some "natural state" argument.
    I didn't make a "natural state" argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Funny you should say that. Don't you think it's interesting how everyone's God so conveniently mirrors his own beliefs so perfectly?
    That is rather interesting.

  5. #235
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Simply by their unnatural existence. They are like a blight on the citrus crop....a stye on your eye....the nasty last sip of a cheap beer.
    Note that you haven't actually specified any sort of detriment. Any number of things humans do and create are arguably "unnatural." Any number of choices we make aren't "natural." That's not an argument, that's a cop out. A way to declare homosexuality as harmful without any actual rationale for that opinion, and it's a way to avoid rebuttal.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    People can change their minds, and they can also legally get out of contracts. Life changes, people change. No one else is justified in judging their reasons. Certainly not you or the govt.

    Forcing people to remain in relationships can do more harm than good...more abuse, more violence, more children seeing and continuing the cycle.

    You extend your religious beliefs into fantasy. That is scary.

    And 'my God' is the God of the New Testament. Loving and forgiving. Not vengeful and petty.
    Most divorces aren't because of abuse.

  7. #237
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Heteros are by nature non-fornicating but, I do indeed dislike adulterers.
    You have a different definition of "fornicating" than the conventional one.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #238
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Most divorces aren't because of abuse.
    So? Clearly some are.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So? Clearly some are.
    And why is legal separation insufficient?

  10. #240
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    And why is legal separation insufficient?
    Because you can't get remarried if you are still married to your abuser. Why would you want someone to stay married to their abuser?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 24 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •