Page 23 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #221
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How are they a detriment? Can you please give examples of how they are harming anyone, or society?
    Simply by their unnatural existence. They are like a blight on the citrus crop....a stye on your eye....the nasty last sip of a cheap beer.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #222
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Divorce should absolutely be illegal.
    Why? Obviously the people divorcing have their own lives, situations, their kids, futures, etc best interests in mind. Are you saying that you or the govt know better than the individuals?

    You sure like the idea of the govt using force on people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #223
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Heteros are by nature non-fornicating but, I do indeed dislike adulterers.

    Hetro's by nature are non-fornicating...


    What?


    Never pulled into the Philippines or Thailand with a Carrier Battlegroup I take it.



    >>>>
    Last edited by WorldWatcher; 10-12-14 at 04:48 PM.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Simply by their unnateral existence. They are like a blight on the citrus crop....a stye on your eye....the nasty last sip of a cheap beer.
    Since they are born that way, they are not unnatural.

    And you did not explain any harm (detriment you used) to individuals or society.

    Are you saying we should discriminate against people based on your personal feelings of discomfort....which all that you described?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Why? Obviously the people divorcing have their own lives, situations, their kids, futures, etc best interests in mind. Are you saying that you or the govt know better than the individuals?

    You sure like the idea of the govt using force on people.
    That's not the least bit obvious.

    I have no problem with government punishing adulterers and abandoners.

  6. #226
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Straight men live to have sex....the less strings attached the better. So your comments on 'fornicators' is completely wrong. Unless you have a different definition of fornication than I do.

    Of course, women enjoy sex outside of marriage too.
    We are discussing marriage and the married

  7. #227
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    That's not the least bit obvious.

    I have no problem with government punishing adulterers and abandoners.
    So the govt should be intruding into people's lives and telling them who not to sleep with, who they must live with, and use force to do it? That they have to staying potentially MORE damaging relationships just because you say so?

    Since when does the govt, or you, or your God (I am Christian and your rigidity and judgment do not fit *my God*) the right to tell others how to live? Certainly who says you or the govt are right? God judges, not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    We are discussing marriage and the married
    Well fornication within marriage is adultery, so then why did you say 'non-fornicating?'

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Heteros are by nature non-fornicating but, I do indeed dislike adulterers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So the govt should be intruding into people's lives and telling them who not to sleep with, who they must live with, and use force to do it? That they have to staying potentially MORE damaging relationships just because you say so?

    Since when does the govt, or you, or your God (I am Christian and your rigidity and judgment do not fit *my God*) the right to tell others how to live? Certainly who says you or the govt are right? God judges, not you.
    They have to stay in those relationships because they agreed to.

    I strongly suspect that *your God* is just a bigger and more powerful version of yourself.

  10. #230
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    It is correct that my being Catholic is why I believe divorce should be illegal.
    Right. So just say that. Don't try to hide it behind some "natural state" argument.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 23 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •