Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #971
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    Can't seem to link the story, but another example of union behavior

    Google top chef boston and teamsters

    My wife told me about the story
    I just googled that, amazing.

    This is a remnant of labor union tactics-which historically have been quite violent, in fact I remember reading about union members who didn't believe committing violence was wrong if it was done on behalf of the union.

    These are thugs masquerading as honest citizens.

  2. #972
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    Can't seem to link the story, but another example of union behavior

    Google top chef boston and teamsters

    My wife told me about the story
    An Ugly Protest of 'Top Chef' Gets at Reality TV Tensions

  3. #973
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Those who deem public Scab Lists an acceptable union practice, kindly prove your solidarity by positing your real names and home addresses upon these pages.

    I'll wait.
    Incrementally, and always under the guise of "fairness", "equality", and "social justice", the US Constitution has been deceitfully interpreted in ways that remove all limitations on central authority...and place them on the people.

  4. #974
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I just googled that, amazing.

    This is a remnant of labor union tactics-which historically have been quite violent, in fact I remember reading about union members who didn't believe committing violence was wrong if it was done on behalf of the union.

    These are thugs masquerading as honest citizens.
    I would venture and say the union members and most liberals/socialists/progressives on this board would support what local 23 did

  5. #975
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I would venture and say the union members and most liberals/socialists/progressives on this board would support what local 23 did
    And I would venture most adults on this board would find their behavior abhorrent

    Wanting to work is fine....threatening people when you don't get the gig is the act of a coward, and a bully
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #976
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Where do you find this bogus nonsense?
    which part is the bogus section? That unions job is to maximize the benefit to its, membership, that unions don't like competition, or that they try to fight their members getting fired?

  7. #977
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I would venture and say the union members and most liberals/socialists/progressives on this board would support what local 23 did
    Actually not that uncommon in certain states. Lived in MA for 5 years, would hear about stuff like this on occasion. The only reason this got publicized as much is because it was for a big TV show.

    The NE seems to be the roughest. Heard Penn has a pretty rough union contingent as well.

  8. #978
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,605

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Where is your argument that it is bogus, without merit, and silly?


    It seems to me that you are at least conditionally in agreement that the free-riders are, indeed, free-riders.


    Even if it were, you're now arguing that two wrongs make a right. That is bogus, without merit, and silly
    its actually proper to note your entire political philosophy is one that mandates and encourages free riders and you then whine about non union employees

    hypocritical is what I call it



  9. #979
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Unions are an archaic holdover-in fact oversight has made them obsolete-what they are empirically these days-are jackbooted thugs, and part of the democrat vote mill. That includes public sector unions.
    riiight. In the face of republican corporate butt buddies boldy saying how they want to abolish minimum wage and overtime and the like... I'd say we need unions pretty badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #980
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL

    Noted, you don't know. What an amazing revelation. "ALEC bad, real bad. Oh, and others kind of bad, sort of, don't really know, but all I want to know is, ALEC bad."
    Nothing is as pervasive in politics as ALEC. Deny all you want but almost every single republican state politician and some dems are not only lobbied by ALEC but are actually MEMBERS of that ****ing organization that is lobbying them. Dumbass state politicians are pushing through the ALEC legislation with so much committment that they get caught not even changing the wording where they are supposed to take out "ALEC" and put in their name when submitting the legislation.

    There is no equivalence no matter how much you want to spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •