Page 97 of 124 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #961
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In a non-right to work state, an electrician can't get a license w/o joining a union.
    Sure... post up your source on that claim

  2. #962
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no they both don't own the job. [...]
    Since you keep going off topic we'll make it simple -- who owns the job is irrelevant when it comes to the fact that the non-paying free-riders are effectively thieves.

    They are working under a union contract but are refusing to pay the union dues/fees that the other members are paying. That is theft, plain and simple.

    If you want to put a nice spin on it, then they are not paying their share -- same thing as failing to kick in when a group of guys have lunch together at a restaurant... the guy that can't find his wallet when the waiter shows up with the bill is a free-loader (and I've seen a few in my time).

  3. #963
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Since you keep going off topic we'll make it simple -- who owns the job is irrelevant when it comes to the fact that the non-paying free-riders are effectively thieves.

    They are working under a union contract but are refusing to pay the union dues/fees that the other members are paying. That is theft, plain and simple.

    If you want to put a nice spin on it, then they are not paying their share -- same thing as failing to kick in when a group of guys have lunch together at a restaurant... the guy that can't find his wallet when the waiter shows up with the bill is a free-loader (and I've seen a few in my time).
    your understanding of theft is bogus and your argument is without merit

    and its fun watching a far leftist talk about not paying one's fair share. that is the entire goal of socialism isn't it. I mean I pay tons of taxes and people like me are the reason why many freeloaders have police protection, fire protection etc

    but calling it theft is really silly. if Union dues are the reason why EVERY worker in an agency shop has better wages, then the Union members have received some benefit for their dues. True, others might benefit as well but isn't this the same as what happens with taxpayers and non taxpayers?



  4. #964
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your understanding of theft is bogus and your argument is without merit [...] but calling it theft is really silly.
    Where is your argument that it is bogus, without merit, and silly?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if Union dues are the reason why EVERY worker in an agency shop has better wages, then the Union members have received some benefit for their dues. True, others might benefit as well [...]
    It seems to me that you are at least conditionally in agreement that the free-riders are, indeed, free-riders.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but isn't this the same as what happens with taxpayers and non taxpayers?
    Even if it were, you're now arguing that two wrongs make a right. That is bogus, without merit, and silly

  5. #965
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Interesting hypothesis... especially when I see the right usually harping on how unions keep employee rolls wastefully bloated because no one can ever be fired.
    the one does not obviate the other. A unions job is to maximize the benefit to its membership. That includes trying to limit the competition they face in terms of labor and then keeping them from being fired.

  6. #966
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Since you keep going off topic we'll make it simple -- who owns the job is irrelevant when it comes to the fact that the non-paying free-riders are effectively thieves.

    They are working under a union contract but are refusing to pay the union dues/fees that the other members are paying. That is theft, plain and simple.

    If you want to put a nice spin on it, then they are not paying their share -- same thing as failing to kick in when a group of guys have lunch together at a restaurant... the guy that can't find his wallet when the waiter shows up with the bill is a free-loader (and I've seen a few in my time).
    nope not off topic at all but you have still not defended the point of how work place harassment is legal.
    when you can get back to me.

  7. #967
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Since you keep going off topic we'll make it simple -- who owns the job is irrelevant when it comes to the fact that the non-paying free-riders are effectively thieves.

    They are working under a union contract but are refusing to pay the union dues/fees that the other members are paying. That is theft, plain and simple.

    If you want to put a nice spin on it, then they are not paying their share -- same thing as failing to kick in when a group of guys have lunch together at a restaurant... the guy that can't find his wallet when the waiter shows up with the bill is a free-loader (and I've seen a few in my time).
    More unionist nonsense. The contract is only union because they've negotiated for their club members to get the work exclusively, effectively creating a closed shop within that company. That violates the spirit of the law and right to work. But then, in the union environment workers don't have the right to work, something you would normally argue for. But when it comes to unions, all bets are off and according to you the workers can take a long walk off a short pier.

    Hypocritical in the extreme.

  8. #968
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers


  9. #969
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,243

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the one does not obviate the other. A unions job is to maximize the benefit to its membership. That includes trying to limit the competition they face in terms of labor and then keeping them from being fired.
    Where do you find this bogus nonsense?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #970
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,961

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Can't seem to link the story, but another example of union behavior

    Google top chef boston and teamsters

    My wife told me about the story
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 97 of 124 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •