Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #951
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I can't believe you don't already know this.
    Yet, you can't produce one thing. Typical

  2. #952
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Altho pretty far off topic, I think we can call that "fact" a rather massive fail:

    "According to a June 2014 report by Politico, "The 21 groups at the core of the Democracy Alliance’s portfolio intend to spend $374 million during the [2014] midterm election cycle [...]" Democracy Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "A 2013 study by the Center for Responsive Politics said that nonprofit groups backed by a donor network organized by the billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch raised more than $400 million in the 2011–2012 election cycle.[39]" Political activities of the Koch brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Complete FAIL

    It's crazy to pretend you know what makes up the Progressive Machine. How about adding in AFSCME, the Ford Foundation, the Tides Foundation, Annenberg Trust, Knight Foundation, and many others. Care to add in their political spending?

    BTW, the primary funding source for the Center for Responsive Politics is the Ford Foundation, a major player in the Progressive Machine. Of their other major funding comes from similar players in the Progressive Machine.

    Center for Responsive Politics - SourceWatch

    Funding

    "Support for the Center comes from a combination of foundation grants and individual contributions. The Center accepts no contributions from businesses or labor unions."[1]

    Major Funders
    The Ford Foundation (currently under a three year grant of $1,000,000)
    The Pew Charitable Trusts (currently under a two year grant of $550,000)
    The Carnegie Corporation (currently under a three year grant of $450,000)
    The Joyce Foundation (currently under a two-year grant of $350,000)

  3. #953
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    As usual you have NO PROOF.
    As usual, you can't answer simple questions. TTFN

  4. #954
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    As usual, you can't answer simple questions. TTFN
    None of what you posted has anything to do with the FACT that ALEC helped push through anti union legislation. I'm sorry if you can't argue against that FACT so you have to bring in a whole rant against some liberal conspiracy and Soros.

  5. #955
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Union money spent on political campaigns and advocacy represents the interests of millions of workers. Corporate money spent on political campaigns and advocacy represents the interests of a few thousand people at the top who are already rich and powerful.
    typical liberal rot. Democrats pander to working people but really don't help them.



  6. #956
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Internet posters can make bogus claims that they can't back up if they want, but they aren't going to fool anyone but the most biased and gullible fools.
    again, you appear to believe in fairy tales



  7. #957
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    None of what you posted has anything to do with the FACT that ALEC helped push through anti union legislation. I'm sorry if you can't argue against that FACT so you have to bring in a whole rant against some liberal conspiracy and Soros.
    I haven't suggested they didn't. Did you notice that? All I did was prove ALEC is a bit player attempting to counter the blitzkrieg from the Progressive Machine that is attempting to build union influence and membership in every corner of our economy.

    Figured out what the SEIU does yet? The AFL-CIO? The NEA?

  8. #958
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I haven't suggested they didn't. Did you notice that? All I did was prove ALEC is a bit player attempting to counter the blitzkrieg from the Progressive Machine that is attempting to build union influence and membership in every corner of our economy.

    Figured out what the SEIU does yet? The AFL-CIO? The NEA?
    Only ALEC is not a bit player, nor are they countering union influence and membership in every corner of our economy. That is fiction in your head.

  9. #959
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Complete FAIL. It's crazy to pretend you know what makes up the Progressive Machine. How about adding in AFSCME, the Ford Foundation, the Tides Foundation, Annenberg Trust, Knight Foundation, and many others. Care to add in their political spending? [...]
    No, since your post that I responded to spoke only of the one organization:

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515, in post #912 View Post
    The fact is the Democracy Alliance, the mothership of the Progressive Machine, has done more to influence legislation in Washington, draft bills, influence anti-business legislation, fund elections, and spread propaganda across the United States than ALEC or any conservative group could dream to have done. [...]
    I'm sorry that your 'fact' was wrong but trying to 'fix' it now only makes your argument even more bizarre.

  10. #960
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,629

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The job is subject to a contract between the union and the company. The best description is that both entities own the job. In fact, since a union contract typically stipulates that the company will hire union employees, or at least that the union will represent the employees, it actually probably is more of a union job than a company job. Of course since the company can downsize or upsize or simply close, they do have some control on the number of jobs available.
    no they both don't own the job. the company has no obligation to fill the job if they don't think it is needed. the union can't put someone in a job or hire someone without company approval. so it is the company that owns the job not the union.

    thank you the company hires union or in this case non-union workers.

    They have agreed to the employment contract shared between the company and the union. Each employee does not have "their own contract" -- that's preposterous. If your argument depends upon making stuff up, you need to be more creative.
    don't have all the facts they could have agreed to their own contract or agreed to whatever contract the company gave them. either way they are employee's of the company they are not free loaders. however they are in a better position in the long run without the union.

    although they do give up what protection the union can give them.
    if the union goes on strike they can still work and do not have to stop.

    you can try to demonize these people all you want to you have still not justified how violating federal labor laws is acceptable.
    so please give me your explination as to how it is legal for unions to harass and create a hostile work enviroment for other workers when it is against
    labor laws.

    in fact an iron workers union in PA have been arrested and are on trial for such things.
    so when you can form an argument that shows what they are doing is legal then you might have a case.

Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •