Page 93 of 124 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #921
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    It's an optional organization at an optional job in an optional career path. It's all options, and they're still freeloading.
    Please. It's a job that the union doesn't control. You're still operating under the delusion that the unions are essentially the employer and the only ones who deserve to be employed are union members. They are not and they do not have the right to claim it. Get off your playground highhorse.

    Sometimes the enemy to the working man is the corporate executive, and sometimes he's the guy next to you who's willing to undermine the battles that you've spent blood and treasure fighting. Desertion during a war can earn you a death sentence historically, I don't see how printing a name on a webpage for a similar level of selfishness is even in the same ballpark.


    If any union has this attitude toward the working man, they deserve to have their membership and influence dwindle.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #922
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The fact is the Democracy Alliance, the mothership of the Progressive Machine, has done more to influence legislation in Washington, draft bills, influence anti-business legislation, fund elections, and spread propaganda across the United States than ALEC or any conservative group could dream to have done. [...]
    Altho pretty far off topic, I think we can call that "fact" a rather massive fail:

    "According to a June 2014 report by Politico, "The 21 groups at the core of the Democracy Alliance’s portfolio intend to spend $374 million during the [2014] midterm election cycle [...]" Democracy Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "A 2013 study by the Center for Responsive Politics said that nonprofit groups backed by a donor network organized by the billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch raised more than $400 million in the 2011–2012 election cycle.[39]" Political activities of the Koch brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #923
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,735

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Because the company agreed to that in the contract that both the company and the union signed off on.

    I'll wait until a judge decides it's illegal, until then, I'm of the assumption that posting the names of scabs is no different than posting the name of sex offenders.



    Again, let's see what a judge has to say.

    So you're faulting them for not being supportive enough to people ripping them off?
    It has nothing to do with a judge. there are federal laws that prohibit work place harassment. saying wait for the judge is ol yea i can't prove you wrong. pitiful argument.

    umm no posting the pictures of non-union people is nothing like posting things of sex offenders. in fact it is no where close the fact that you had to even try and compare them shows just how pathetic your argument actually is.

    posting their names and pictures and where they work in the factory is considered harrassment and creating a hostile work enviroment. it also constitutes union intimidation all of which is illegal. there are already laws against it. so there is no need for a judge. they are already in the wrong.

  4. #924
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    My proof?

    You have clearly demonstrated you have no clue what the Democracy Alliance is, who is affiliated, how their money is spread around, and you think you know anything?

    Utter FAIL on your part.

    Do you know what the SEIU is? How about the NEA? How about the AFL-CIO?

    Stunning that you would think you know better.
    As usual you have NO PROOF.

  5. #925
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, because you made some crap up, speaking with people that don't agree with your ideological bent as if they are dung you scrape off your shoe, and think that makes you sound intellectual?

    No sir, It makes you look the exact opposite.
    Like I said, you lack the requisite knowledge. I'm not talking to you like you're dung, you're the belligerent one. I just know when time would be wasted.

    Like, right now for instance.

    Good day!
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  6. #926
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Also, why are the heads of those unions visiting the White House so often?

    What could they possibly be discussing?
    We are suppose to have a dept. of labor or is that suppose to be run by a business leader?

  7. #927
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,735

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I don't now how you can say that.
    read your own posts pretty easy to tell that you do not believe in freedom of association in the work place.
    you do not believe in workers rights etc ...

    in fact you go as far as ad homineming people that do not follow the way you think they should go.
    so no you evidently don't believe in those things.

  8. #928
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Also, why are the heads of those unions visiting the White House so often? What could they possibly be discussing?
    Ruh roh! Tin foil hat alert, Tin foil hat alert! Incoming conspiracy theory, clear all Area 51 airspace, incoming conspiracy theory!

  9. #929
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    read your own posts pretty easy to tell that you do not believe in freedom of association in the work place.
    you do not believe in workers rights etc ...

    in fact you go as far as ad homineming people that do not follow the way you think they should go.
    so no you evidently don't believe in those things.
    Worker's right is a blanket statement for corporate rights. Who really is making out when workers don't have to pay (at the very least) an association fee for things they must receive via the union? The workers who have to pick up double/triple the cost are not making out and often decide to opt out as their freeloader friends have decided to do. Who can blame them? It takes resources away from unions which is really the whole push for such laws.

  10. #930
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,753

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    read your own posts pretty easy to tell that you do not believe in freedom of association in the work place.
    you do not believe in workers rights etc ...

    in fact you go as far as ad homineming people that do not follow the way you think they should go.
    so no you evidently don't believe in those things.
    Freedom of association is the freedom to form and join a union. People have worked hard for generations to ensure that you have weekends off, a good wage, and benefits. Would you go into a Catholic church and demand a protestant service? By your logic that is what you would do. You're being contrarian simply because you don't like unions. I can guarantee you that with the unions in those shops wages and bennies would not be near where they are today.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

Page 93 of 124 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •