Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #911
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,673

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please, you haven't made a coherent point yet. All you have done is attack others....pfft...typical.
    All my points have been coherent and drawn from many years of direct experience. You on the other hand have none and only offer opinion base on poltical leanings.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #912
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    The point is ALEC is behind anti worker legislation and YOU cannot argue against that FACT.
    The fact is the Democracy Alliance, the mothership of the Progressive Machine, has done more to influence legislation in Washington, draft bills, influence anti-business legislation, fund elections, and spread propaganda across the United States than ALEC or any conservative group could dream to have done. Where do you think Media Matters came from? How about the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities? Politifact?

    On the board of Soros' Democracy Alliance sits John Stocks, President of the NEA, the teachers union. Another board member is Mary Kay Henry, International President of the SEIU. Past board members have held similar positions with the AFL-CIO, as well as other Unions.

    Pointing out the ALEC is bad, while ignoring the Mount Everest of action the Progressive Machine has undertaken to push unions into every corner of the US economy makes your argument pointless, and quite laughable.

  3. #913
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The fact is the Democracy Alliance, the mothership of the Progressive Machine, has done more to influence legislation in Washington, draft bills, influence anti-business legislation, fund elections, and spread propaganda across the United States than ALEC or any conservative group could dream to have done. Where do you think Media Matters came from? How about the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities? Politifact?

    On the board of Soros' Democracy Alliance sits John Stocks, President of the NEA, the teachers union. Another board member is Mary Kay Henry, International President of the SEIU. Past board members have held similar positions with the AFL-CIO, as well as other Unions.

    Pointing out the ALEC is bad, while ignoring the Mount Everest of action the Progressive Machine has undertaken to push unions into every corner of the US economy makes your argument pointless, and quite laughable.
    Really, you are honestly stating that "the Progressive Machine has undertaken to push unions into every corner of the US economy?" Bahhaahaaa Where's your proof

  4. #914
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,940

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    come on now... it's not about someone not having the balls to stand up for themselves. It's simply a matter of whether or not you think your labor has value or not. When you are hired, by anyone anywhere, it is basically a contract, verbal or written, for the value of your labor. It'd be rather disingenuous to think that a corporation and a single person are anywhere near equal ground of compromise when entering into that contract. A union simply levels he playing field to barter for the contract on the what the value of your labor is.

    Some people may need that

    Others do not

    Others are more than capable of negotiating better terms on their own....you realize that, right?

    So unions are for the mediocre workers, or those who have limited skills.....the union gives them more leverage than they could negotiate for themselves

    And the best workers in that union often are underpaid, and under utilized because of the way the system works
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  5. #915
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,940

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'm going off on a tangent but this is the same exact argument I make when people front the position of giving huge tax breaks to corporations because that will somehow make them hire more people.
    No corporations should get special tax breaks

    What One gets, they all should get

    The exact same rules should apply to all

    I don't care if they are in alternate energy, oil, agriculture, or pharmaceuticals

    If corporation x gets credit, them so do all the others
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #916
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,940

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    And do your employees hate you for it or do they respect you?

    Who really knows....right?

    I have 30 employees who have been her over 20 years

    Another 45 or so at or near their 10 year anniversary

    That is basically half the staff

    To me....that tells me that this is a good place to work.....but they would be the ones to answer your question

    Not me
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  7. #917
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    Who really knows....right?

    I have 30 employees who have been her over 20 years

    Another 45 or so at or near their 10 year anniversary

    That is basically half the staff

    To me....that tells me that this is a good place to work.....but they would be the ones to answer your question

    Not me
    You can get a general gist of things.

    Employees are not capable of keeping quite when they don't like the boss.

  8. #918
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Really, you are honestly stating that "the Progressive Machine has undertaken to push unions into every corner of the US economy?" Bahhaahaaa Where's your proof
    My proof?

    You have clearly demonstrated you have no clue what the Democracy Alliance is, who is affiliated, how their money is spread around, and you think you know anything?

    Utter FAIL on your part.

    Do you know what the SEIU is? How about the NEA? How about the AFL-CIO?

    Stunning that you would think you know better.

  9. #919
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    My proof?

    You have clearly demonstrated you have no clue what the Democracy Alliance is, who is affiliated, how their money is spread around, and you think you know anything?

    Utter FAIL on your part.

    Do you know what the SEIU is? How about the NEA? How about the AFL-CIO?

    Stunning that you would think you know better.
    Also, why are the heads of those unions visiting the White House so often?

    What could they possibly be discussing?

  10. #920
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So it was pure Bull **** then...Look, don't throw out crap if you can't back it up...That is a fail of epic proportions...
    I can back it up just fine. I just won't get into a discussion with a person who lacks the requisite knowledge to be a part of the conversation.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •