Page 88 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #871
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I'm tolerant of this. Scabs should be treated with the contempt they deserve.
    Why do you hate the first amendment right of freedom of association, and support authoritarian fear tactics?

  2. #872
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,845

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Great King Rat View Post
    You post was so comic I had to laugh! Here let me return the favor. What did the leaper say to the prostitute? Keep the tip. I see that you have no clue that insulting/demeaning other participants and throwing around stupid generalizations constitutes a lot of what you have posted in this thread. So the fact that you enjoy acting exactly as you are lamely whining I do? Because I noticed your dear pal Sanga's weak bait? Is a logical fallacy, you might want to learn what the words you are using actually mean. Because all I see here is a schizophrenic posting style devoid of much logic but heavy on fallacy. Now here is a free tip for you, each time you proceed to act like not only a hypocrite but start lecturing others like you are staff moderator? I'll do the same favor for you I did yesterday, and let the real thing do their job with you. I've got a funny feeling you don't enjoy a lot of respect and cache with the staff here, so let's not turn this into the Karl's dog and pony show and make it all about you and your schizophrenic posting style. But if you insist I can certainly be helpful in making sure that kind of weak posing gets the audience it deserves. Free tip. No charge.

    Hey, how do you circumcise a leaper? Shake him.
    You spent all this going after a poster or a poster's style after presenting yourself in post #48...

    Quote Originally Posted by Great King Rat View Post
    Hello folks, I'm new to DP. I can't say I'm shocked by this story. Anymore than I am the rather, um..............creative lengths some will go to in order to defend or dismiss the facts of the matter. Particularly when it comes to substantive discussions about the shortcomings and foibles of unions. In any case, I appreciate the (not surprisingly ignored) supporting data and links that have been posted. They really help to flesh out the big picture and I for one 'precipitate it.
    your disconnect happened rather fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #873
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Why do you hate the first amendment right of freedom of association, and support authoritarian fear tactics?
    As a supporter of unions I'm a fan of freedom of association.

    I'm also a fan of free speech, like publicly labeling freeloaders as such.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  4. #874
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    As a supporter of unions I'm a fan of freedom of association.
    Thats an interesting dichotomy-unions are not only anti-competition but also anti-choice, reference how they treat non-union members. And what about those unions members who dont wish to be-but are forced to-because anything else would result in them losing their own jobs. This also impacts what say they have in how unions use influence that the individual may not agree with or want to support. Thats not freedom of association.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I'm also a fan of free speech, like publicly labeling freeloaders as such.
    And yet you want that free speech stifled, by people acting as thugs. Interesting.

  5. #875
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats an interesting dichotomy-unions are not only anti-competition but also anti-choice, reference how they treat non-union members. And what about those unions members who dont wish to be-but are forced to-because anything else would result in them losing their own jobs. This also impacts what say they have in how unions use influence that the individual may not agree with or want to support. Thats not freedom of association.


    And yet you want that free speech stifled, by people acting as thugs. Interesting.
    In case you're missed the other dozen times it's been pointed out in this thread, you can't force anyone to join a union. It's another right wing, anti worker myth.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  6. #876
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,680

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Why do you hate the first amendment right of freedom of association, and support authoritarian fear tactics?
    I would ask you the very same question.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  7. #877
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,572

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    A slacker in a non-union shop isn't going to be around too long. I won't argue about proof; you're probably right. But perception is often reality, yes?
    brother is in a union and moved his way up by working and getting noticed but there are a lot of people that don't do anything and still make union pay.
    he was working they were sitting. getting the same pay as him. now he can't move up anymore and has to do a lot more work than others.

    dad is in a union getting ready to retire. same thing he worked hard and made the same pay as the slackers.

  8. #878
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,572

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    In case you're missed the other dozen times it's been pointed out in this thread, you can't force anyone to join a union. It's another right wing, anti worker myth.
    yet that is exactly what this union is trying to do and it is illegal and makes the union liable.
    if the company does nothing to stop it then it makes the company liable for lawsuit as well.

  9. #879
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,572

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    As a supporter of unions I'm a fan of freedom of association.

    I'm also a fan of free speech, like publicly labeling freeloaders as such.
    they are not freeloaders they are employee's that choose freedom of association by not joining the union.
    your hypocrasy is amazing you evidently don't support the freedom of association.

    yet that free speach is a violation of worker harassment laws and non hostile work enviroments.

    so evidently you don't support the things you say you do.

  10. #880
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,572

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I would ask you the very same question.
    umm he does support those things. you on the other hand along with others do not.

Page 88 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •