Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #71
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    This is off topic, but when you share in the benefits obtained by others who did pay to obtain and maintain those benefits, should you also not pay if you are able to do so?

    If you do not want to pay, then shouldn't the honest thing to do is not partake of those benefits? (in this case, that union job). If you don't want a union, don't take a union job -- try Wal-Mart or the local Quickie Mart, they've got good wages benefits too
    Hate to burst your bubble, but there are a lot of good paying jobs that aren't union.
    But, you knew that.

  2. #72
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Can you show that there's any Scab List which lists "personal information" other than a dept # or where they work?
    Their name is personal information as well as where they work.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 06:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    32

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I did not quibble over the title of the article. I refuted the claim that publishing an employee's name and where they can be found is proof of "intimidation"
    Oh you poor dear, is that what you really imagine you did? But of course it is. Of course it is.

  4. #74
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    No idea what you're talking about, but feel free to start a thread on it.
    I'm curious. You're in here berating everyone from the moderators to the other posters as to the posts on the thread and what we can and can't discuss. Did I miss something?

    That was in response to your post #37 which was in response's to Red's post that the attorney said that unions do this:

    Since the lawyer provides no evidence of his unrelated claim we don't know if he is correct or not.

    I gave you evidence of this happening just last week.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #75
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What's "going on here" is me commenting on the OP and providing personal insight. [...]
    Your personal insight is irrelevant to the facts at hand, and itself is devoid of provable facts so therefore cannot be evaluated.

    I would also caution against confusing comment with discussion/debate. Unless failure is your goal.

  6. #76
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Their name is personal information as well as where they work.
    Anyone with any sort of working brain cells would know that's obvious. That could explain why most of us don't have our real names and place of employment in our profiles.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #77
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    So by your own logic, the poor and unemployed are taking advantage of the protections and benefits taxpayers provide without paying for them right? And that would make the parasites too right?
    No. The poor and unemployed aren't actively undermining their fellow workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Dey Terk Er JERB!!!!


    Seriously. Using violence and the threat of violence to take money from others is wrong.....

    Unless you do it in a union.

    How does that make sense. ?
    It doesn't make sense because it's a strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I think you are thinking of "freeriders". People who come in and work are called "employees". People who do so while a union is busy throwing a fit about something are derisively called "scabs", but they aren't taking advantage of the Union's benefits, but rather of its stupidity and damage.
    Then why work in a union shop if it's filled with damaging stupidity?
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  8. #78
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,738
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Well, according to the Conservative definition they are "takers"; accepting union benefits without contributing to the cost of obtaining those benefits.

    Now were they needy then I could perhaps see giving them a pass on paying their fair share, but no case is made to that effect.
    You do realize that those benefits don't come from the union, but from the employer right? The union may have negotiated the benefits, but it is the employer that provides them. All the union does is take from the employees. I've worked in both union shops and non-union shops. I can tell you from personal experience that management treats their employees far better in a non-union shop than they do in a union shop. I've had far better benefits in a non-union setting than I ever got from a union setting and I worked for one one of the largest corporations in America who happens to be unionized.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,738
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If she's on disability now, she's probably paid taxes in the past.
    She was born blind and has never had a job where she paid taxes. You are jumping to conclusions based on incorrect assumptions and you still haven't answered the question I posed earlier. But hats off to you for sticking with the liberal/progressive playbook of divert, divert, divert.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    [...] She doesn't buy anything that sales taxes apply to?
    If she's on disability, she doesn't pay a dime.
    She doesn't pay any sales tax? Come on, Maggie... some posts in this thread are part of a fast-and-furious mission to deceive, don't get caught up in the whirlwind . . . . .She doesn't pay any sales tax? Come on, Maggie... some posts in this thread are part of a fast-and-furious mission to deceive, don't get caught up in the whirlwind . . . . .
    Sales taxes aren't income taxes
    Reading is fundamental . . . .

    . . . . and income taxes were never the criteria anyway:

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha, in post #14 View Post
    [...] Both the poor and the unemployed pay taxes.
    apdst score: Fail X2.

Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •