Page 67 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #661
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Are the unions still run by the Mob?
    SEIU-yes
    Teamsters-some



  2. #662
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I take it you've never been on a picket line and watched scabs take your jobs. Scabs are stealing; that's why they're called scabs.
    that's only if you have the idiotic entitlement mentality that you are OWED a job. You ARE NOT. A job is nothing more than an employer trying to obtain a commodity KNOWN AS LABOR. If you are unwilling or unable to supply the commodity at terms the Employer wants, then he SHOULD BE FREE to find another source



  3. #663
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the Culinary union has been protesting out front since the openings (until the courts shut them down recently for blocking public acess)... and there are trying their damnedest to get in the door, but the workers aren't biting.. unions don't have anything to offer ( yet)

    it's really got nothing to do with adelson's beliefs ( he can't keep unions out if the workers want them in)... there is simply no incentive to let them in, the workers are better off than every other property in town.

    he's not the first guy to keep unions at bay by keeping workers happy... he won't be the last.
    unionistas, by all rights, should be happy about this... but for some reason, they get all pissy <shrugs>
    Well, not knowing what the bennies are in this matter I can't comment on said drive. What I can say, is those nonunion people should be thanking their lucky stars that they are surrounded by union shops. What do think Adelson would be paying if their wasn't a union standard?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #664
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    What you are describing is the open shop right to work and under those conditions joining is optional. It is however a fact however that non union members in open shops are indeed scabs: they are riding on the backs of the union employees who are fighting for the sacbs by default.
    you can continue with this false definition all you want to. it won't change the fact they are not scabs but employee's of the company.
    scabs aren't scabs either but people willing to work when others won't.

    ad hominoms are never arguments you and karl up there are going to have to do better.

    you can try to demean them all you want to but guess what. they still have protection of a non-hostile work environment.
    so far neither you or karl have made an argument how what the union is legal from any stand point.

    it is in fact highly illegal and if these peopl are harassed and then the union can be sued and i hope they are.

  5. #665
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You were in the post office. So how did you protect people who weren't doing their jobs? You said you were a steward, so you must have protected those lazy union employees.
    Yup, I did, then I didn't....I walked away from it. Best thing I dId.

  6. #666
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and those who harass them should be arrested, indicted, convicted and jailed and if they get violent, shot and killed. There is not room for such intimidation in the work place. That is why unions ought to die off. especially public sector unions. those are an affront to the tax payer.
    and the same should be done to the employer when they engage in similar practices. I agree, most transgressions come from the aggregators... No. Absolutely not.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  7. #667
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Especially the ones who take care of aging Veterans with Alzheimers in Veterans Homes.

    The ones who wipe their ass and bathe them and get cussed out throughout.

    And the ones who have to spoon feed them and watch them slowly die--one organ at a time.

    Your disgusting anti-Union spew is here just to light up the board .
    SEIU is a well known collection of thugs, malcontents, mopes and skels



  8. #668
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's only if you have the idiotic entitlement mentality that you are OWED a job. You ARE NOT. A job is nothing more than an employer trying to obtain a commodity KNOWN AS LABOR. If you are unwilling or unable to supply the commodity at terms the Employer wants, then he SHOULD BE FREE to find another source
    Again: you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about. If you are unable to buy a car at the terms the dealer wants, then you should walk or get used to taking the bus.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  9. #669
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And they weren't allowed to until McKinley was gunned down and the doctors screwed up a simple operation.


    Good thing for Ohio that Obama won both elections and this thought process isn't playing a part in the Real Life of our Nation don't you think .
    could someone tell me what Nimby's blatherings have to do with what I said.



  10. #670
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you can continue with this false definition all you want to. it won't change the fact they are not scabs but employee's of the company.
    scabs aren't scabs either but people willing to work when others won't.

    ad hominoms are never arguments you and karl up there are going to have to do better.

    you can try to demean them all you want to but guess what. they still have protection of a non-hostile work environment.
    so far neither you or karl have made an argument how what the union is legal from any stand point.

    it is in fact highly illegal and if these peopl are harassed and then the union can be sued and i hope they are.
    Nothing you say is going to change their status of them as scabs, so I guess that settles that.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •