Page 57 of 124 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #561
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    If you say so
    I did indeed say so, that's why you are responding. Or did you miss that as well?

  2. #562
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So failing your arguments on topic (unions) you now want to argue semantics (the definition of scab), understood.
    I'm sorry you were wrong about the definition, but it was your choice to keep persisting after you'd already been shown to be wrong. Glad we got it settled now

  3. #563
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I disagee with harassing and intimidating as a strategy. It is unethical, creates blowback, and provides ammunition to the enemies of workers. Action should be limited to providing information, convincing, arguing, shunning and embarrassing.
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander, I say...
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  4. #564
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You mean the Unions that built Vegas where I am right now?
    Which has now turned into a scab town with some folks like Adelson ?
    Vegas is nowhere near a "scab town"... nor are adelsons workers "scabs"

    you being a tourist in Vegas doesn't mean you know anything about the city....

    adelsons properties are non-union (right to work,actually)..every other property is overwhelmingly union.

  5. #565
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I did indeed say so, that's why you are responding. Or did you miss that as well?
    Your offering nothing at all to the discussion. You make a little swipe and now refuse to offer your reasoning behind that swipe. That's fine, but don't pretend it meant any deep thought. It was merely your way of throwing in a little insult.

  6. #566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well, nearly everything the pro-unionists use as evidence that Unions are the bees-knees ( weekends, 40 hr workweek, safe work environment etc) has been codified into law or regulation.... so much of what unions were once good at has already been co-opted by government.

    workers can go to govt for help now... where once upon a time, they only had unions to turn to.

    unions don't do much to "protect" anyone in the workplace....much like the govt , they offer an "after the fact" outlet to arbitrate grievances.


    and really, don't **** on govt too much.... those govt workers you are ****ting on are union members.( public sector membership is pretty large, private sector, not so much)
    The argument that we don't need unions because we can trust the government to protect workers doesn't sound consistent with your libertarianism. In my view, the temptation to exploit workers is so strong that we need both government and organized labor protection.
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 10-11-14 at 05:20 PM.

  7. #567
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I did.
    Yes, you did try to argue semantics, and then when you failed, you whined about people trying to argue semantics

    And like the word "immigrant", it has become polluted, muddied.
    And you continue to do so
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #568
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The argument that we don't need unions because we can trust the government to protect workers doesn't sound consistent with your libertarianism.
    Nor does it stand the test of reality as has been shown by what the State of IL is trying to do to its pensioners...
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  9. #569
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I'm sorry you were wrong about the definition, but it was your choice to keep persisting after you'd already been shown to be wrong. Glad we got it settled now
    Nice try, google "scab wiki", it will take you to "strikebreakers". That is where the term comes from. Those crossing the picket line.

    I'll persist as long as you and others persist in muddying the language. Again the usage of "immigrant" is a prime example.

  10. #570
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    You said absolutely zero about the OP in this waste of bandwidth. Except for another Girly quip about a WiFi hotspot--was that yer MO where you came from? At least here you'll learn to grow a pair on a manly website where the conservative women are tougher than the men .

    Quote Originally Posted by Great King Rat View Post
    Actually watching you and Karl tag team is hilarious. As well as a lot like watching a bad Keystone Cops caper. There is so much so wrong with your tortured bridgecasting. You are in such a rush to bash out a quick (you think) witty reply that you just shoot yourself in the foot over and over. The last posts from both of you has to rank up there in some sort of 'bumble and stumble your way through already tortured thread' hall of fame.

    First this post is singularly impressive in that it manages to be hypocritically obtuse and hilarious at the same time.


    The level of hilariously obtuse hypocrisy Karl's post managed to achieve was then raised by yours. Presumably because you could not catch a clue which poster's "lecturing what constitutes proper debate" contributions you were actually mangling. Hint: Was not me, it was your PM buddy.


    Irony is a bitch, particularly when you are the last one to figure it out. But you go on with your bad self. The problems that come about because you are operating from a WiFi hotspot under a bridge are many. And obvious too. Danged if you are not determined to illustrate as many as you can as possible in one thread!
    Physics is Phun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •