Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #511
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Yet you have no argument--just a side-swiping drive-by critique of others' comments.
    Stay focused on the OP--how do nonUnion scabs sleep at night knowing they're cheating their fellow brothers and sisters--without alcohol that is?
    I wouldn't feel too safe in the workplace if I was them--even with all those nasty regulations .
    Actually, you're wrong, the OP is about the union posting names and areas of non union employees in the work place.

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    When was this? 1895?
    For farm workers, yesterday.

  3. #513
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    To me, unions are a dinosaur.....that should 'splain things to you, son .
    So now Meister stoops to calling me "son" with his neverending moronic nonsense.
    Probably why your numbers are diminishing, another generation or two
    Numbers diminshed when Reagan taught the Nation they could have something for nothing--the 18 trillion debt.
    unions will be totally irrelevent.
    And you will be back to working weekends--with lower pay back to that of women--and no pensions as before FDR and TR.
    Good thing I'm a retired Chemistry/Physics/Math teacher who actually did a great job for 34 years and 6 more in retirement--sonny .
    Last edited by NIMBY; 10-11-14 at 04:40 PM.
    Physics is Phun

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Nice of you NOT to read the story and simply say Fox is lying... how very... ummm... progressive of you.
    He read the story that is how he knew that only the freeloader's names and the department they work in were listed.

  5. #515
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    No, the point is the costs is divided amount it's members and members will have to pay more if their counterparts refuse to pay but those counterparts receive the same exact benefits.
    Sounds like a good reason for the thinking person to not join a union.

  6. #516
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    As they should with these scabs .

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Actually, you're wrong, the OP is about the union posting names and areas of non union employees in the work place.
    Physics is Phun

  7. #517
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you guys act like most of the union dues goes towards negotiating contracts and other representational services..... well, they don't..... less than 30% of member dues goes to representation,.
    Facts not in evidence, and if you head in the direction I suspect then you're on your way to being pwned

  8. #518
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    FWIW, I think the non-union workers should reimburse the union for any monies that were spent in his/her representation ... however, i do not believe any employer should be forced or coerced to be a full time dues-paying member and pay for items unrelated to representation

    if other folks want to unionize and pay 2/3rds of their dues to items other than representation ,that's fine with me too.... folks are free to pay for any old thing they want to pay for.
    Like what kind of other items are unrelated to representation? Those nice wages and bennies were all part of the package.

  9. #519
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    I've never heard anyone accuse a nonUnion scab in a Union shop of being a thinking person clownboy.
    How 'bout you ?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Sounds like a good reason for the thinking person to not join a union.
    Physics is Phun

  10. #520
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Sounds like a good reason for the thinking person to not join a union.
    Why? Please be specific.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •