Page 48 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #471
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Boy, reading the pro union hacks in here
    and the non-union hacks as well .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #472
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Just like the 2nd Amendment, eh?
    Did you seriously just compare an amendment to the Constitution to labor laws? Wow! Just when I thought I'd seen every for of idiocy that the left can vomit on their keyboards, someone comes along to lower the bar even further. Are you going to compare the sacrifice our troops made defeating the Nazi regime in WW2 to the union leaders of old next?
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  3. #473
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Just like the 2nd Amendment, eh?
    automobiles replaced horse and buggies

    what has replaced firearms again?

  4. #474
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Dont forget; if he's got the years in he'll draw his pension with a smile
    and he'll aslo draw that socialist social security from socialist big gubment.
    And not have paid his dues to negotiate the contracts to do it.
    There's a word for those kind of people.

    It's simply more of the Reagan gimme attitude without having to pay the taxes to cover expenses--Sen. Dole calls it his greatest mistake .
    Physics is Phun

  5. #475
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,750

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Teamsters eh?...... I made a great deal of money repairing the damage Teamster drivers did to company equipment that was being used by scabs while a strike was going on....

    the perpetrators were even so nice as to give me a heads up to what damage they did, so I could make sure to bring the proper parts/supplies. ( mostly cut airlines /electrical cords, and a quite few slashed tires)

    yeah, the Teamsters, such a great bunch of guys

    as for the topic, it's wrong an inappropriate to publish the list....as a few of you have proven, it's all about intimidation and/or shaming the non-union workers (who are not harming you in any shape form or fashion).
    if i were named on that list, i would sue the union for using my name without permission..... i might win, i might lose... but those wasting those hard won union dues on lawyers is just as good as any other purpose they go for.
    A scab is like someone coming into youtr house anad stealing food out of your refridgerator and freezer as well as stealing your money. If their weren't such deplorable people in the world, contracts would be settled and scabs woudn't exist. It's when mean spirited interlopers jump into something that's none of their business and then short circut their own abilities to get decent wages anad benefits all the while cutting the throats of those who are in the fight for such wages and benefits that guys get pissed off.

    And they should get pissed off. What would you do when someone with bad intent rushed your house to steal from you?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  6. #476
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    what has replaced firearms again?
    the people that now openly carry those firearms in the wild west--that's who--
    soon to come to a place near you in remembrance of the days of Tombstone--
    one of the greatest stresses on our society in the last 40 years .
    Physics is Phun

  7. #477
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Teamsters eh?...... I made a great deal of money repairing the damage Teamster drivers did to company equipment that was being used by scabs while a strike was going on....

    the perpetrators were even so nice as to give me a heads up to what damage they did, so I could make sure to bring the proper parts/supplies. ( mostly cut airlines /electrical cords, and a quite few slashed tires)

    yeah, the Teamsters, such a great bunch of guys

    as for the topic, it's wrong an inappropriate to publish the list....as a few of you have proven, it's all about intimidation and/or shaming the non-union workers (who are not harming you in any shape form or fashion).
    if i were named on that list, i would sue the union for using my name without permission..... i might win, i might lose... but those wasting those hard won union dues on lawyers is just as good as any other purpose they go for.
    It's more about shaming. Companies do a much better job using intimidation tactics.

  8. #478
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,970

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    automobiles replaced horse and buggies

    what has replaced firearms again?

  9. #479
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    A scab is like someone coming into youtr house anad stealing food out of your refridgerator and freezer as well as stealing your money. If their weren't such deplorable people in the world, contracts would be settled and scabs woudn't exist. It's when mean spirited interlopers jump into something that's none of their business and then short circut their own abilities to get decent wages anad benefits all the while cutting the throats of those who are in the fight for such wages and benefits that guys get pissed off.

    And they should get pissed off. What would you do when someone with bad intent rushed your house to steal from you?
    they aren't stealing anything from you, regardless of what the union propaganda says.

  10. #480
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    and the non-union hacks as well .
    Yep, we are on opposite sides of the argument...Congrats! You must be one of them educated folk to see that...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 48 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •