Page 42 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #411
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So you think it matters if it's a businesses employees or a govt worker that does the beating?

    The history of labor activism has many examples of businesses having the govt do their dirty work
    Labor Activist Asks Wal-Mart to Protect Her - ABC News
    Hmmm. Well what do you think public employee unions have been doing? How has the SEIU gone about organizing public employee representation?

  2. #412
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,764
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Try 1988 - Delores Huerta (UFW)
    The SFPD was not her employer. Again you fail. More diversion from one of the most disingenuous posters to ever sign up at DP. And for the record, what happened to her was absolutely wrong and I do not condone it on any level, but it has nothing to do with the topic that was being discussed.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  3. #413
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, things have to be blatantly overt for you to acknowledge them right? But only so if you don't agree with the argument against the perceived thinking in your case...Look, The union members didn't need, or don't need a set of instructions...Posting the list is enough to ensure that something bad could, or probably would happen.
    Well, it's not like the unions have a history of this behavior in the past....er, wait. Oh, never mind.

  4. #414
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    The SFPD was not her employer.
    I have already addressed that point in one of my responses to MaggieD
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #415
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,764
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I have already addressed that point in one of my responses to MaggieD
    I see that now. She didn't fall for your diversion either. One. Trick. Pony.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  6. #416
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    I see that now. She didn't fall for your diversion either. One. Trick. Pony.
    "Someone else agrees with me so I am right!"

    Is that really the argument you want to rely on?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #417
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    [...] there is a discussion going on about the union paying some portion of the training costs, but that hasn't been decided yet ... maybe there was a suit filed, or a law written, that made it different here.
    I'm not sure how uniform it is across the country either, and when it comes to retraining programs (such as veterans) that may be affected by other issues/regulations (grant money, for example), but I do know some of the major unions run their own training schools, ensure members have proper certifications/licenses (where needed), etc. Again these will trend towards construction style jobs rather than your typical manufacturing plant.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    businesses should be able to fire someone for being in a union. [...]
    Another postcard from the Twilight Zone

  9. #419
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    "Someone else agrees with me so I am right!"

    Is that really the argument you want to rely on?
    Sangha, there are very few who do AGREE with you, it isn't just onsies and twosies who disagree with you.
    Unions have a history of violence and thuggery in the past, the union members don't need a blueprint
    with what to do with the list that was posted. I was a union member and I saw first hand the MO.

  10. #420
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,764
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    "Someone else agrees with me so I am right!"

    Is that really the argument you want to rely on?
    No one has to agree with me for you to be wrong, because you are wrong so often. I've pointed out your tactics and you've been exposed for being the partisan hack that you are. Your position is indefensible and yet you continue to try to defend it anyway. It's cute watching you try to divert from the actual topics being discussed with nonsense and lies rather than admit, just once, that your side is not always right.

    The union posted the names and locations of the non-union workers. Did they do this so the union members could bake them a cake or did they do this so they could be publicly shamed, intimidated and harassed? It was a tactic and it was wrong. You and your cohorts in crime intellectually dishonest partisan hacks have attempted to divert from the subject in a feeble attempt to divert from the facts because they make "your side" look bad. Instead of owning up to it and simply saying that it was wrong, you've tried to justify it as being reasonable and acceptable when it clearly isn't to anyone with a conscience. Now you can come back with more off-topic ramblings or you can lick your wounds and move on because you've lost this battle.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

Page 42 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •