Page 36 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #351
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I don't consider wikipedia to have a massive liberal bias. I'm just google searching to provide a source.
    I don't usually provide "sources" in a discussion, but, for you. I will...

    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...apter15-5.html
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #352
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Again, I suspect feigned ignorance for this issue has surely been discussed a gazillion times... but for those that truly may not be able to figure it out on their own, if enough non-paying workers take union jobs then the union will lack the funds to sustain itself and die (or be voted into dissolution). At that point the union contract will be lost, and the remaining union workers (all the workers, actually) will likely see a reduction in wages and/or benefits.

    It's just like paying income taxes... if a few people decide to just quit paying, even though they can afford to, and subsequently a sufficient number of others follow suit then government fails. Now while the conservatives probably like that scenario, sensible people know that things society depends on will fail too -- police, certain healthcare services, bridge/road repair, airline traffic control, banking controls, military, etc -- chaos.
    If I was an employer with a union problem, all I would have to do to get rid of the union would be to show my employees how badly they are being hosed, and offer to give them directly a nice large cut of the savings if they drop the union. I save some cash and lose the union thugs and my employees get to keep more of their larger earnings. Win, win.

    I have a client who pays substantially above the going rate for comparable blue collar jobs, warehouse forklift operators, and class a driver/ forklift operator. The drivers are bringing down $32hr with a forklift certification when the union is only getting $28 for a driver and you have to be crane certified to get it. Forklift cert is a $100 and 4 hours. The crane cert is $890 and 40hrs.. These guys get full paid benefits too. The union guys don't get that, they have to chip in. Thing is these guys are routinely doing 50-60hrs a week when gets busy so that $32hr goes to $48 after 8hrs and 40hrs. These guys bring home bank. I charge to my client for a bobtail unit to pull their trailer $75hr 4hr minimum. My contractors who their own equipment give me a 10% cut for billing and dispatching, which comes to $67.50hr.. My contractors out of that have to pay for fuel, maintenance, taxes ect. They make less than the straight time my clients drivers are making. I wish I could charge more but my competitors keep the market tight. The problem they are having with some of their people is they get lazy when they make that kind of money, and in my clients business you have bust ass when the work is there. They have a boom bust cycle which means they cant have lazy.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #353
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I don't usually provide "sources" in a discussion, but, for you. I will...

    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...apter15-5.html
    From your source:

    "Generally, a company can't require a worker to become a full union member as a condition of employment"
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  4. #354
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    From your source:

    "Generally, a company can't require a worker to become a full union member as a condition of employment"
    Please put the quote in context without selectively singling it out, or is that how you roll?

    There's a reason my visits to this site have diminished...

    Good night. You have to live with yourself...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    From your source:

    "Generally, a company can't require a worker to become a full union member as a condition of employment"
    Dude are you on drugs?

    Union workers generally are on a probationary period of 3-months and after that they're full union members .... As to the rest of the riddles and nonsense you speak I have no answer because there is no logical answer to most of what you say.

  6. #356
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    California's poverty is absolutely relevant when your comparing Liberal and Conservative principles.

    That's because you have a State, located on the border with a comparable population to compare it to. A Red State ( Texas ) thats led the Nation in job creation for years running, and a State that's taken in 2 million Californians and 200 Californian Business.

    California is a Liberal State, with a Progressive Governor and Legislature implementing progressive economic principles and it shows.

    Their total debt is higher than any other State in the Nation but Jerry Brown has a solution. To drive out Californias tax base with tax increases and attacks on wealth creation.

    So we should make a comparison form one Political ideology to the other instead of posting list without context.
    Again, 7 of the 10 poorest states are red states. The next 10 poorest nations are mostly red states too. The 10 states with the lowest poverty rate are mostly blue states.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #357
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Unions aren't the reason for your premise, Sangha. Just sayin'

  8. #358
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    "Somebody censor the internet!"

    It's not bad enough to support freeloaders but you're anti-free speech too?
    Embarrassment and humiliation don't belong in a work place. Sorry you feel it is acceptable in the work environment.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  9. #359
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Please put the quote in context without selectively singling it out, or is that how you roll?

    There's a reason my visits to this site have diminished...

    Good night. You have to live with yourself...
    I don't see it as out of context, it's your source and it directly refutes your claims along with every source I've posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Dude are you on drugs?

    Union workers generally are on a probationary period of 3-months and after that they're full union members .... As to the rest of the riddles and nonsense you speak I have no answer because there is no logical answer to most of what you say.
    I'm sorry you're incapable of following the links or quotes from reputable sources I've posted saying otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Embarrassment and humiliation don't belong in a work place. Sorry you feel it is acceptable in the work environment.
    You care about workers rights to not have their feelings hurt but not about workers rights to negotiate fair contracts.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I don't see it as out of context, it's your source and it directly refutes your claims along with every source I've posted.

    I'm sorry you're incapable of following the links or quotes from reputable sources I've posted saying otherwise.

    You care about workers rights to not have their feelings hurt but not about workers rights to negotiate fair contracts.
    What the **** are you talking about? you're doing nothing but babbling while trying to sound like you know what the hell you're talking about.

    No wonder he/she has an Orange avatar - other colors were too complicated to choose.

Page 36 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •