Page 33 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #321
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Forget it; your argument has become intentionally obtuse, as any rational person can see.
    No, it's not. What's fascinating to me is how apparently simple workplace policy and decency has gone out the window simply because you folks wave the union flags with gusto. I have to resort to having a similar opinion as the anti-unionists, for Christ's sake. This is absolutely pathetic to me.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #322
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    I am still trying to wrap my head around the concept of having to "pay" a union to keep a job.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    No, it's not. [...]
    Yes it has, as I clearly quoted. That you now want to get on the soapbox is irrelevant... you should have got on it before posting the garbage that I quoted. As to joining the anti-unionists, just like the union no one forced you to join

    As far as workplace decency is concerned, not undermining your fellow workers would fall into that category as well, but you clearly refuse to acknowledge that with irrational arguments.

  4. #324
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Unjust laws bring out the worst in people.


    I want people to pay for services rendered on their behalf. That's fair.
    So you're against all forms of public assistance?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #325
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So you're against all forms of public assistance?
    There is a difference between needing assistance and simply taking it. Again, that should be obvious to anyone interested in an honest discussion.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    That's crap, mate. I benefit from the union's activity, but that doesn't make my presence thievery [...]
    This defies comprehension. You receive a benefit that others routinely pay for, but you refuse to pay for. In what alternate dimension is that not thievery?

  7. #327
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    7 of 10 states with highest poverty rate are red states according to those #'s

    List of U.S. states by poverty rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    California's poverty is absolutely relevant when your comparing Liberal and Conservative principles.

    That's because you have a State, located on the border with a comparable population to compare it to. A Red State ( Texas ) thats led the Nation in job creation for years running, and a State that's taken in 2 million Californians and 200 Californian Business.

    California is a Liberal State, with a Progressive Governor and Legislature implementing progressive economic principles and it shows.

    Their total debt is higher than any other State in the Nation but Jerry Brown has a solution. To drive out Californias tax base with tax increases and attacks on wealth creation.

    So we should make a comparison form one Political ideology to the other instead of posting list without context.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #328
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    This defies comprehension. You receive a benefit that others routinely pay for, but you refuse to pay for. In what alternate dimension is that not thievery?
    Ever heard of welfare, SNAP, WIC, etc... ?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Unions have created a "protection racket" they're no different than the mafia or the street gangs - they're nothing more than thugs in my opinion.

    I worked in a union shop for almost 2 years and you know what I saw? epic laziness, and if we were lucky once every two weeks the union delegates would order a a feast for us on our break.

    Beyond that they did NOTHING for me beyond telling me to work a lot less harder and to minimize my production quotas so I wouldn't "stand out" and set the same standards for the other lazy employees.

    Also, when you're in a union it's damn near impossible to get fired unless you kill someone while drunk or high..

    The union ethics where I worked were ****.
    It is wrong to assume that your one experience with a union can be applied to all unions.

    There have been, and there are, some bad unions. But unions in general are democratic organizations of workers using the power of their numbers to improve their work situation and compensation. They are protected by the first amendment's right to freedom of speech, pres and to peacefully assemble. As with other democratic institutions, unions are only as good as their members make them be. Most unions do not result in lazy workers, and workers can collectively agree to be lazy without a union.

  10. #330
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Ever heard of welfare, SNAP, WIC, etc... ?
    Ever hear of need? Your dishonest argument was dismissed in post #325; please keep up so we don't waste time repeating things for you.

Page 33 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •