Page 25 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #241
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You sure wouldn't know that judging by the unemployment and poverty rates in Blue States.
    Poverty rates are highest in red states

    List of U.S. states by poverty rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #242
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    [...] Fine. Get rid of the federal laws protecting unions. I'm all for it.
    What laws?

  3. #243
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Better check again.

    California LEADS the Nation.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The right can't argue that unions make a companies products less competitive with products produced in non-union shops *and* argue that the unions haven't lifted the compensation of workers.
    You're not going to get an honest or coherent argument from the pro-business right on unions.

  5. #245
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Better check again.

    California LEADS the Nation.
    No, Mississippi does
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #246
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Pressure tactics: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers | Fox News



    The last line is bolded for emphasis. These are the tactics that unions use and it's plain wrong. I dare anyone to defend what the union is doing here with a straight face.
    Both sides intimidate. Corporations intimidate when people attempt to unionize the place.... But yes, just because corporations do it doesn't mean that unions should also do it. It's wrong, and shame on the union for engaging in this kind of behavior.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #247
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    [...] As for those that say that such "scabs" are freeloading. [...] Saying that these people are freeloaders is like saying that those that didn't vote but supported Obama are freeloaders because Obama happened to win due to everyone else that voted for Obama. Its silly and idiotic.
    Any rational analysis of the scabs described in the OP will conclude that they are freeloaders. What is silly and idiotic is your argument.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, Mississippi does
    The US Census released a report stating that when cost of living , taxes and non cash benefits were calculated California had the highest poverty rates in the Country.

    Argue with them.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Any rational analysis of the scabs described in the OP will conclude that they are freeloaders. What is silly and idiotic is your argument.
    Not paying the Union their dues and being allowed to keep more of your paycheck is " freeloading " ?

  10. #250
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    How are they out to screw you? [...]
    Again, I suspect feigned ignorance for this issue has surely been discussed a gazillion times... but for those that truly may not be able to figure it out on their own, if enough non-paying workers take union jobs then the union will lack the funds to sustain itself and die (or be voted into dissolution). At that point the union contract will be lost, and the remaining union workers (all the workers, actually) will likely see a reduction in wages and/or benefits.

    It's just like paying income taxes... if a few people decide to just quit paying, even though they can afford to, and subsequently a sufficient number of others follow suit then government fails. Now while the conservatives probably like that scenario, sensible people know that things society depends on will fail too -- police, certain healthcare services, bridge/road repair, airline traffic control, banking controls, military, etc -- chaos.
    Oh, brother......I've had much better success and paid better in non union jobs. I just didn't like seeing lazy asses keep their jobs because of union protectIon.
    Non sequitur.

Page 25 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •