Page 16 of 124 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #151
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Your posts are very imaginative
    No imagination required.

    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    You speak much truth.

    Still, a person needs to stand up for what they believe in. Telling the union guys to knock it off (with conviction) isn't as hard as it sounds.
    Oh, I agree completely. I'm not sitting here largely lamenting for the people on the scab list.

    More just flabbergasted by certain posts who claim that it's a misrepresentation to say that this makes it easier to harass these people or acting like there would be no harassment done...especially juxtaposed with many of those in this thread actively advocating and applauding potential harassment.

  3. #153
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Why wouldn't you publish it? If I'm a union member, I'd like to know which of my co-workers was out to screw me.
    How are they out to screw you? You have your job, just do it. What are you going to do....harass them?

  4. #154
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Because I would know who I could trust and who I could count on. And who would have my back. Do I want to treat them differently because they are screwing me? You bet your ass.
    No one is screwing you....but you do want to harass them, and this is just proving the point of the OP. Thanks for your honesty

  5. #155
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    No. The poor and unemployed aren't actively undermining their fellow workers.
    Sure they are. Those darn scabs are responding to demand by seeking out jobs without giving their money to the Union!!!

    Damn Dirty Subhuman Scum! They deserve "consequences", am I right?

    It doesn't make sense because it's a strawman.
    You wish to deny the union history of violence?

    Then why work in a union shop if it's filled with damaging stupidity?
    Well that's the problem, isn't it? Union damaging stupidity will ultimately make sure that you don't get to "work" in a union shop.

  6. #156
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh, I agree completely. I'm not sitting here largely lamenting for the people on the scab list.

    More just flabbergasted by certain posts who claim that it's a misrepresentation to say that this makes it easier to harass these people or acting like there would be no harassment done...especially juxtaposed with many of those in this thread actively advocating and applauding potential harassment.
    All that harassment is in people's minds. They've seen the early 20th century pictures of union workers with bats in their hands. They know the Jimmy Hoffa story, or at least part of it.

    Let's fast forward: I get hired at say, the GMC truck factory in Arlington Texas. After working the line for a couple of weeks, I'm approached by the UAW steward. I tell him I'll read the brochures and get back to him. After a couple of days he comes back and I tell him that I'm not interested in joining at this time. My name is then listed on the scab page of the website under Upholstery Department, unbeknown to me. What happens then?

    You can play the part of a union journeyman with major seniority in my department. First, I'm not making near what you do because of your seniority. I am however, making what 'Bob' another new hire that joined the union makes.

    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get me signed up. Let's add 6 more people to the department. Five are union and one has quit the union. That's 7 Union, and two non. The guy who quit, quit while he was layed-off for 2 years, payed his back dues and quit. He has his reasons. He tells me that the union just rips off the workers. All others are satisfied with being union members.

    Get me to join.

    Or, we can switch places. It doesn't matter to me. My point still stands. The six union guys (minus you) might go for refreshments after work and talk tough about all of the things that they are going to do to me. But, when they waltz in hung-over in the morning, they will do nothing.

  7. #157
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Pressure tactics: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers | Fox News



    The last line is bolded for emphasis. These are the tactics that unions use and it's plain wrong. I dare anyone to defend what the union is doing here with a straight face.
    My son is an EMT. A union recently tried to organize his company. On multiple occasions someone would show up at his home, wanting to talk to him about voting to approve the effort. He told me he was VERY intimidated, not only by the efforts the union was making, but by the fact they were showing up where he lived.

    They eventually voted to reject the union attempt, but he continues to be really mad at the games they played to try to get the contract. It would seem this is how it works. To suggest all these union tactics aren't about intimidation is absurd.

  8. #158
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I've often thought that myself having worked in both a union shop and non union, I've enjoyed non union jobs much more than union jobs.
    I was treated much better and had a better rapport with management. go figure....
    The non union shops may treat you better when things go well, but the union shops will treat you better when things don't go well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    How are the "scabs" undermining their fellow workers? Are they taking money out of their pockets? Are they forcing them to work harder for their guaranteed raises? Are their benefits being reduced because of the "scabs"? The answer to each of these is no, but feel free to carry on with more ridiculousness, it's amusing to those of us capable of being able to think for ourselves.
    "The Maine Center for Economic Policy similarly found that right-to-work laws are not fair because nonunion employees in a unionized workplace would have a "free ride" and the laws are "not needed to protect nonunion workers" because federal laws already protect workers from being forced into joining a union:
    Right-to-work laws are essentially unfair. If Maine passed a right-to-work law, nonunion employees in a unionized workplace would have a "free ride." They would receive the benefits of union representation, in terms of job protections, wages and benefits, without paying for any of the costs."

    http://mediamatters.org/research/201...rk-laws/191810
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  9. #159
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    The non union shops may treat you better when things go well, but the union shops will treat you better when things don't go well.


    "The Maine Center for Economic Policy similarly found that right-to-work laws are not fair because nonunion employees in a unionized workplace would have a "free ride" and the laws are "not needed to protect nonunion workers" because federal laws already protect workers from being forced into joining a union:
    Right-to-work laws are essentially unfair. If Maine passed a right-to-work law, nonunion employees in a unionized workplace would have a "free ride." They would receive the benefits of union representation, in terms of job protections, wages and benefits, without paying for any of the costs."

    Myths And Facts About "Right-To-Work" Laws | Research | Media Matters for America
    There were good times and bad times with the non union jobs, I was always treated well.

  10. #160
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Sure they are. Those darn scabs are responding to demand by seeking out jobs without giving their money to the Union!!!

    Damn Dirty Subhuman Scum! They deserve "consequences", am I right?

    You wish to deny the union history of violence?

    Well that's the problem, isn't it? Union damaging stupidity will ultimately make sure that you don't get to "work" in a union shop.
    I wasn't actually suggesting unions are stupid, I believe they're more valuable now than any time in the last few decades as the shift of profits has benefited the top percentages and corporations rather than the average household.

    If workers are seeking to have the benefits of others having paid and still paying dues, they should be paying them too. Otherwise you're undercutting the very tool that provided you with a safe, stable, and competitively paying job.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •