Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,237 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #1231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The government isn't "in the business". It's a guaranteed DOE business loan. The government doesn't own or run anything of the business. They've been giving these business loan guarantees to the nuclear industry for decades which has a 50% loan fail rate according to a 2003 CBO study. There was no complaining then.
    The government is giving out ' business loans' but know nothing about business? And you seem to feel that a failure rate of 50% is a good thing because it has been going on "for decades"?

    I suppose it's not such a bad thing if you feel somebody else is paying for all of this.

  2. #1232
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The government is giving out ' business loans' but know nothing about business? And you seem to feel that a failure rate of 50% is a good thing because it has been going on "for decades"?

    I suppose it's not such a bad thing if you feel somebody else is paying for all of this.
    No... my point is that you never bitched about a 50% failure rate of nuclear reactors getting loans... just when it's solar because you can make solar more politically advantageous to whine about.

    Also, I noticed you cut out my link in your reply to me and failed to even mention a thank you for providing EXACTLY what you asked for. Evidence of others getting the loans. You are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #1233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    No... my point is that you never bitched about a 50% failure rate of nuclear reactors getting loans... just when it's solar because you can make solar more politically advantageous to whine about.
    Did you want me to bitch about that? There may be dozens of things I bitch about that I don't necessarily share with you, and this particular discussion did not involve nuclear reactors. I cannot possibly list all the government waste which goes on, including nuclear.
    Also, I noticed you cut out my link in your reply to me and failed to even mention a thank you for providing EXACTLY what you asked for. Evidence of others getting the loans. You are welcome.
    I asked you to provide that list??

  4. #1234
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Since we've boosted trade with China we've adopted free trade while they've opted for protectionism. They put tariffs on US goods like cars coming into their country and then dump goods on us of items that are not only crap but destroy an economic sector for a while.

    This is what happened o Solyndra. They had a solid business plan where the production of solar panels were based on X amount of watts created per x amount of dollars. China flooded the market with solar panels that were predominantly garbage but it drove the price per watt down way below Solyndra's business plan which not only killed them but really set back the sector hard as their trash solar panels then were predominantly flawed but the economic damage had been done.

    But back to your point, we shouldn't cheat like china does with dumping and that ****ing currency manipulation they've been illegally doing forever but tariff their goods at least until they stop cheating with these methods. We looked the other way and went free trade and along with cheating, China went protectionism and their economy exploded.
    China did not "opt for protectionism" over the past 30-50 years. China was much more protectionistic for centuries until just a generation or two ago. Their economy exploded because they're a huge country with vast resources that had been holding itself back for centuries before finally starting to adopt some capitalistic strategies.

    You cannot cite China as an example of an economy that exploded thanks to protectionism. The Chinese economy exploded thanks to abandoning protectionism.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 10-22-14 at 01:20 AM.

  5. #1235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    China was much more protectionistic until a generation or two ago. Their economy exploded because they're a huge country with vast resources that had been holding itself back for centuries before finally starting to adopt some capitalistic strategies.
    And, as is usually the case, the most energetic resource is people. Free the people and you'll free the most natural resource.

  6. #1236
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    China did not "opt for protectionism" over the past 30-50 years. China was much more protectionistic for centuries until just a generation or two ago. Their economy exploded because they're a huge country with vast resources that had been holding itself back for centuries before finally starting to adopt some capitalistic strategies.

    You cannot cite China as an example of an economy that exploded thanks to protectionism. The Chinese economy exploded thanks to abandoning protectionism.
    China didn't opt for free trade. They opted that they trade with the US whole we are bound by free trade policies and they don't. That is far more protectionist than us. That is why their economy exploded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #1237
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    China didn't opt for free trade. They opted that they trade with the US whole we are bound by free trade policies and they don't. That is far more protectionist than us. That is why their economy exploded.
    Being more protectionistic than the United States wasn't what caused their economic explosion either. China's overall economy over the last fifty years was not an example of a shift toward protectionism from a place of previously free trade. It was the opposite. They opened their markets up after generations of greater control and that opening up was what generated their economic explosion. You're crediting the economic expansion to the opposite of what caused it.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 10-24-14 at 01:54 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •