Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #1181
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and what will be the ramifications of that in terms of countries such as China, India, etc that supply so much of our consumer goods?
    It will create jobs here to fill any void of lost imported goods with goods manufactured here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #1182
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL

    You've presented no facts, so your opinion is easy to ignore. The fact is the left decimates the right in spending and in political activity. Perhaps you should avoid proving you are woefully lacking in any true facts on the subject other than those you have been led to believe.
    I brought links and you bring just ad hominems attacking me and you say I brought nothing. Ok...

    I welcome you ignoring me. alas, I'm sure you won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #1183
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There are many who feel Americans cannot make changes to other countries who have their own culture and customs. This was an especially common cliche in the Middle East. Now you want to do it through trade?
    No. I'm not proposing changing anyone. They can do what they want and we can do what we want. What I'm proposing is that we are our own country and are not hamstringed by the whole rightwing mentality of "but it's a global economy so we can't do anything" nonsense. It's taking charge rather than playing a victim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    This would cripple the USA economically and would not have an effect anywhere. In fact the way to change people is to open the markets in order that cultures can change and adapt to modern times. We can already see the positive changes made in China and India through trade and how their countries are changing as a consequence. This is no time to return to revisit retrogressive areas such as Smoot–Hawley Act.
    btw... what I'm proposing is basically what trade policy we had for the entire history of this country of ours up and until about thirty years ago. It didn't "cripple" our economy. It made us the greatest economy in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #1184
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to deny fundamental cost accounting principles here. Price increases aren't the market "pushing back" on the prices of their inputs. They are a direct reflection of the price of their inputs.
    Demand is the push back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #1185
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    It will create jobs here to fill any void of lost imported goods with goods manufactured here.
    LOL, that is really funny.



  6. #1186
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL, that is really funny.
    How so? you don't think Americans can manufacture anything anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #1187
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    How so?
    think about the labor costs



  8. #1188
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    think about the labor costs
    and? there is always a labor cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #1189
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    and? there is always a labor cost.
    Lots of those things will become too expensive when made by 15 dollar an hour labor vs 1.50 an hour



  10. #1190
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Lots of those things will become too expensive when made by 15 dollar an hour labor vs 1.50 an hour
    There will be higher labor costs. And lower shipping costs. What you are saying is that this world cannot sustainably live without slave(ish) labor. I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •