Page 104 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1237

Thread: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]

  1. #1031
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    freedom of association is also the freedom to not join a union. you kinda left that out.
    actually i have never been in a union. i have no desire to be in one either. i can neogiate my pay a lot better for my skill.
    i get a pay raise and promotion based on what i do. the people that slack well i can't say the same thing.

    umm why would i go to a place and demand something they don't offer that makes no sense which sums up your argument.
    nope not at all. why freedom of association.

    I have no problem with unions and if people want to join them. i think it makes worse for them in the long run that it is their choice.
    What i have a problem with and what you think is perfectly fine is work place harassment which is illegal. so far you have yet to show me how work place harassment is legal under federal guidelines. if the union continues to create a hostile work enviroment then they are legally liable for a lawsuit. if the company doesn't stop it then they are liable as well.

    you can't guarantee anything because you don't know.

    it is the same reason that foreign auto workers are paying the same amount or more to their non-labor employee's so that they have no reason to unionize.
    Yes, freedom of association works both ways, however, when it comes to setting a standard for a skill and keeping that standard, the all in policy not only creates a healthier environment but is but demonstrates a consistency that keeps management from pitting one against the other; which management always has done and brings about a reason for collective bargaining in and of itself.

    umm why would i go to a place and demand something they don't offer that makes no sense which sums up your argument. nope not at all.
    why freedom of association.
    That – makes no sense. Can you do that again?

    Again: how can a union make it worse for you in the long run? I retired at 50 because of my union. And having no problem with unions is a good thing. I have no problem with non union shops: if that’s what they want, good for them. I have problems with unfair tactics like right to work: eventually, and as we have seen over the years as unions have declined, the non union shop has no ability whatsoever to better their condition, avoid discrimination politics in the workplace or plan a future that they can really depend on, as has been seen by several collapses of 401k plans over the years: my ex-mother in law lost everything when her airline employer went through a collapse.

    And “unions” don’t create a hostile working environment: employees create their own conditions of cohesion. And nobody can guarantee anything, so I don’t know what your point is there.

    As far as what non union auto workers are making; again you missed the side of the barn with the cannon you’re holding: do you think that the UAW and other unions had just a little bit to do with that?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #1032
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL

    I never wrote that union membership was in every corner of the economy, but the Progressive Machine has been created to change that. Your denial of this fact is really rather remarkable.
    They are not attempting to organize in every part of the economy because they lack resources. Those resources taken away due to Right to work laws. They are operating on the defense. A speaker from a right wing think tank articulated well what they were doing to unions.....They are trying to take the unions out at the knees by depleting their resources.

  3. #1033
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "it"? What is it?

    All of your whining won't change the fact that today, the pendulum has not swung yet, and people don't want the Union in their place of work. That's a fact.

    "it" is labor: you have no working knowledge of it, so you don't know what you're looking at.

    I'm sorry; whining? Yeah, you've got a lot to learn. And teh pendulum is swinging, that's how Mcdonalds and walmart and others are finding themselves in very effective organizing drives and why eventually the unions will set up shop. These things take time. The government and wall street are doing their jobs very nicely too, just like they did in the run up to the crash of '29. Strong labor is a condition of environment.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #1034
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What "requisite knowledge" do I need to realize that you just made up words that have no meaning in order to mask what you really want...?

    Anytime you'd like to answer honestly, I am listening...


    Herbert Agar
    Hilaire Belloc
    L. Brent Bozell, Jr.
    Cecil Chesterton
    G.K. Chesterton
    Seward Collins
    Dorothy Day
    J. P. de Fonseka
    Eric Gill
    Douglas Hyde
    Vincent McNabb
    Arthur Penty
    Hilary Pepler
    William Purcell Witcutt
    Dorothy L. Sayers
    Dale Ahlquist
    Justin Barrett
    Phillip Blond
    Allan C. Carlson
    Charles A. Coulombe
    Christopher Ferrara
    Bill Kauffman
    Race Mathews
    John Médaille
    Joseph Pearce
    John Peterson
    John Sharpe
    Thomas Storck
    John Carson
    John Kanu
    Stratford Caldecott


    I suppose all these people have wasted allot of their time on my "made up word"...



    Please stop now, for your own sake.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  5. #1035
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's it, can't be honest, so run away...

    Man you guys are easy.
    Oh please...

    Like Sunday morning...
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  6. #1036
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Wrong. Based on political contributions, GE is a larger supporter of Republicans.



    Apple leans Democrat, but their total political contributions are only ~3% of what GE spends so they are essentially irrelevant.

    So -- another right wing myth bites the dust
    Perhaps you should learn to read that page. Notice that contributions from the org itself are equal between dems and repubs. The contributions from individuals within GE foes highly repub.

  7. #1037
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post


    Herbert Agar
    Hilaire Belloc
    L. Brent Bozell, Jr.
    Cecil Chesterton
    G.K. Chesterton
    Seward Collins
    Dorothy Day
    J. P. de Fonseka
    Eric Gill
    Douglas Hyde
    Vincent McNabb
    Arthur Penty
    Hilary Pepler
    William Purcell Witcutt
    Dorothy L. Sayers
    Dale Ahlquist
    Justin Barrett
    Phillip Blond
    Allan C. Carlson
    Charles A. Coulombe
    Christopher Ferrara
    Bill Kauffman
    Race Mathews
    John Médaille
    Joseph Pearce
    John Peterson
    John Sharpe
    Thomas Storck
    John Carson
    John Kanu
    Stratford Caldecott


    I suppose all these people have wasted allot of their time on my "made up word"...



    Please stop now, for your own sake.
    Look, all you have to do is give the definition....You seem to be doing a whole lot of dodging here, why, if it's so simple that is?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1038
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    "it" is labor: you have no working knowledge of it, so you don't know what you're looking at.

    I'm sorry; whining? Yeah, you've got a lot to learn. And teh pendulum is swinging, that's how Mcdonalds and walmart and others are finding themselves in very effective organizing drives and why eventually the unions will set up shop. These things take time. The government and wall street are doing their jobs very nicely too, just like they did in the run up to the crash of '29. Strong labor is a condition of environment.
    I've probably forgotten more than you know pal...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1039
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Look, all you have to do is give the definition....You seem to be doing a whole lot of dodging here, why, if it's so simple that is?
    That list was a cut & paste from the Wiki page on distributism. Distributism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It seems a distant theory and not a very well known one.... unless of course the local socialist club is meeting. It's probably a hit with them.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #1040
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,927

    Re: ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers

    Moderator's Warning:
    ‘Pressure tactics’: Unions publishing names of nonunion workers[W:702:1041]There are now fewer posters in this thread. Several of you are baring skirting the line. Address the topic and only the topic, not each other. Stop the baiting and personal comments or there will be others leaving the thread, possibly with points.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We can’t get lost in discrimination. We can’t get lost in B.S. We can’t get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •