Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died[W:33]

  1. #91
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    And yet your original claim was that they feared a plot (and possibly rejected care) because they believed white people had invented Ebola to get rid of blacks.

    Are you planning on supporting that at any point? That was the claim I called out as unsubstantiated. It still is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #92
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You posted this to be ironic didn't you?

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-09-15 @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    I'm just wondering who is going to pick up the tab for this deadbeats $500,000 in medical bills..........oh that's right it's me.....one of the 50 percent of Americans good enough to pay taxes.......we're already taking care of the other 50 percent......this asshole got a visitor visa by lying and came to this country knowing he had Ebola. .....putting many others in harms way.

  4. #94
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
    I'm just wondering who is going to pick up the tab for this deadbeats $500,000 in medical bills..........oh that's right it's me.....one of the 50 percent of Americans good enough to pay taxes.......we're already taking care of the other 50 percent......this asshole got a visitor visa by lying and came to this country knowing he had Ebola. .....putting many others in harms way.
    Uh, not that I'm a fan of it, but that was sort of the point of Obamacare, so you wouldn't have to pick up the tab right? Come to think of it, I wonder if he was insured...

  5. #95
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And yet your original claim was that they feared a plot (and possibly rejected care) because they believed white people had invented Ebola to get rid of blacks.

    Are you planning on supporting that at any point? That was the claim I called out as unsubstantiated. It still is.
    Why do you think they are so hesitant on going to medical facilities? They see those places not as somewhere you go to get better, but as somewhere you go to die. As in they kill you...

  6. #96
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Why do you think they are so hesitant on going to medical facilities? They see those places not as somewhere you go to get better, but as somewhere you go to die. As in they kill you...
    Are you saying it is because they believe that white people invented Ebola to rid the world of blacks? That was the claim. If you'd like to source it, cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-09-15 @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Uh, not that I'm a fan of it, but that was sort of the point of Obamacare, so you wouldn't have to pick up the tab right? Come to think of it, I wonder if he was insured...
    You know the answer to that question.......

  8. #98
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Are you saying it is because they believe that white people invented Ebola to rid the world of blacks? That was the claim. If you'd like to source it, cool.
    Put it to you this way, they aren't refusing medical treatment because they think the medical professionals (many now are white) are trying to help them.

    But how about hearing it from a Liberian Assistant Minister of Health:

    Quote Originally Posted by Vice News
    There's often extreme reluctance among those who contract the illness to reach out for help when they become sick. Those tasked with coordinating the medical response to the outbreak say that they are encountering fear and even violent hostility when they try to help. “We are being met with high resistance — sometimes people say that health workers are bringing Ebola into communities,” says Liberia's Assistant Minister of Health Tolbert Nyenswah. He describes a recent situation in which Liberian health officials had to beat a hasty retreat after people they suspected of hiding ill family members threw stones at them.
    Also

    Quote Originally Posted by Vice News
    In April, a Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) treatment facility in southern Guinea was attacked by a mob. Health workers are considered to be at high risk for contracting Ebola, which kills as many as 90 percent of those who are infected — earlier this week in Liberia, a Ugandan doctor who was treating Ebola patients in Monrovia died from the illness. According to the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, 10 healthcare workers in Liberia contracted the disease in the past month; eight of them died.

    In an interview with VICE News, an MSF staff member who recently returned from Guinea described a tense environment for responders, explaining that the facility was attacked because locals heard a rumor that MSF had brought the virus to Guinea. “We were chased out of quite a lot of villages,” she says. “President [Alpha Condé] sent a delegation to sensitize the population, to get them to understand that Ebola exists. They were attacked and were evacuated the day after they arrived.”

    The fear and anger in communities is to some extent perfectly understandable. “Ebola works inversely," the MSF worker explains. "Normally if you have someone who is sick, you take them to the hospital and they get better. With Ebola, you have to negotiate bringing someone to the hospital because they’ll almost certainly die there.”

    When villagers notice a relative or friend becoming sick, fear and the potential for stigma overrides good judgment, and the victim is hidden away rather than taken to containment facilities, which are viewed as de facto morgues. Eventually, deaths in the community mount and residents reach out to organizations like MSF for help, but not before potential carriers have traveled elsewhere.
    Why Don't West Africans Believe Ebola Is Real?

  9. #99
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Put it to you this way, they aren't refusing medical treatment because they think the medical professionals (many now are white) are trying to help them.

    But how about hearing it from a Liberian Assistant Minister of Health:



    Also



    Why Don't West Africans Believe Ebola Is Real?
    What ...The...****?

    You ALSO did not remotely post a single thing regarding the claim that eorhornbrger made that stated, "they are refusing treatment because they believe that white people invented Ebola to rid the world of blacks."

    Am I writing in a different language????
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yep, 21 day incubation period.

    But hey, we'll fly them in by the plane load.
    True. 150 per day, on average. What could possibly go wrong?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •