Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 880

Thread: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

  1. #821
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    An amendment, expanding the definition of marriage, would 'reel' the govt back in?
    Well, it was spelled out quite simply. Not that hard to understand, unless of course, you don't want to.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #822
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, it was spelled out quite simply. Not that hard to understand, unless of course, you don't want to.
    LOL you should really read what you write. I even reposted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #823
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, it was spelled out quite simply. Not that hard to understand, unless of course, you don't want to.
    Correct and we got it just fine, you want an amendment that gives the people more RULES, more RESTRICTIONS, less FREEDOM and LESS rights and more government.

    no thanks, that be a complete waste since its not needed and would give us less rights and freedoms
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #824
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL you should really read what you write. I even reposted it.
    No, you mashed it up to say something I didn't say, so your misunderstanding would fit better. Don't play that game with me. If you can't figure out how some amendments increase government power, and other's restrict it, it's not my problem to educate you. Most libs don't look beyond what's in front of their faces anyway, so they don't care what the effect is down the road, as long as they get what they want right now.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #825
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    No, you mashed it up to say something I didn't say, so your misunderstanding would fit better. Don't play that game with me. If you can't figure out how some amendments increase government power, and other's restrict it, it's not my problem to educate you. Most libs don't look beyond what's in front of their faces anyway, so they don't care what the effect is down the road, as long as they get what they want right now.
    no he got it right and we all see you want MORE government and less freedom, your post proves that fact, Let us know when that fat changes.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #826
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    An amendment, expanding the definition of marriage, would 'reel' the govt back in?
    And let's not forget that you are avoiding the underlying question of why not just amend the Constitution to change the definition of marriage? And we know that is because it would never pass, though the left claims that the American people are so behind this and want it. Sorry, not happening. That's why the left goes to the courts. Not enough support? Just get a handful of judges to amend the Constitution. That's the way of the left.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #827
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    1.)and let's not forget that you are avoiding the underlying question of why not just amend the Constitution to change the definition of marriage?
    2.) And we know that is because it would never pass, though the left claims that the American people are so behind this and want it.
    3.)Sorry, not happening.
    4.) That's why the left goes to the courts. Not enough support?
    5.) Just get a handful of judges to amend the Constitution. That's the way of the left.
    1.) because its it is in fact not needed
    2.) this makes no sense, the majority do support equal rights but the reality is they dont have to, see womans rights, minority rights and interracial marriage.
    3.) sorry already has LOL
    4.) you know there are millions on the right that support equal rights? weird this fact is ignored
    5.) a handful? isnt it like up to 45? also nothing has been amended you already pointed this out. Make up your mind your post cnt even keep up with its own lies LMAO

    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #828
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    And let's not forget that you are avoiding the underlying question of why not just amend the Constitution to change the definition of marriage? And we know that is because it would never pass, though the left claims that the American people are so behind this and want it. Sorry, not happening. That's why the left goes to the courts. Not enough support? Just get a handful of judges to amend the Constitution. That's the way of the left.
    Because it is not needed, and a waste of money and time to do so. This is already covered under the Constitution. There is no set "definition of marriage" in the Constitution in the first place, so why should we put one in just to appease some idiots who don't realize that the Constitution is supposed to limit the government, not tell the people what they can and cannot do.

    However, those who oppose same sex marriage have already tried and failed twice to amend the Constitution to define marriage their way. Not enough support, which has only diminished since that time.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #829
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Where's the amendment? When is it coming?
    Why is there a need for an amendment?

  10. #830
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Just rule on it. It is a hot button issue across the nation. Make a ruling. Don't hide. Sad they are not taking such a large and highly litigated issue about personal freedom up.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •