Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 880

Thread: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

  1. #441
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Wasn't that a great one by the SCOTUS? Good thing we have the Federal courts deciding for us here, because they are sure to make the right decision.
    Except that was corrected by the federal courts, not the states, just as the decisions with interracial marriage were corrected mainly by the federal courts, not the states.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #442
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm not opposed to civil unions, however the context within the US Constitution used to justify such a concept is amateur at best and downright stupid at times....

    Basically there are a bunch of fools in judicial districts which of whom could give a rats ass what they're reading because the statues and amendments are quite clear - yet these pro-gay want these 3rd grade words redefined as if they're partaking in a common core class.
    I love when this conservative hypocrisy pops up....

    Yeah, let's create more bureaucracy, bigger govt, another thing to administer! Let's create 'civil unions' that *are exactly the same* except for the name!

    Bigger govt is ok when it serves their (expensive but meaningless) purposes. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #443
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,573

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you do or do not support separate but equal marriage status for gays?
    I don't support SSM, which is an aside from the issue I am posting about. I support SSU.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) no need to apologize for your post being wrong, people make mistakes and my beliefs like yours are meaningless to facts, I haven't stated my beliefs to you in this thread lol
    2.) meaningless to the fact its not a states issue, LMAO please stay on topic instead of trying to deflect
    3.) see #2
    4.) see #2
    5.) facts, laws, rights and court cases prove them to be false, my beliefs play no role in this fact

    your post fails and fact win again
    I'm blocking you again for rewriting my post.... I freed you Django - then you went right back to ****ing with my posts..


  5. #445
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,573

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....that presumes that you are in a position to be able to make that judgement. If you haven't read or cannot comprehend the Court's position in Loving, then I think that such a presumption is flawed.
    In other words, you got nuthin'. And you are just another that's fallen into the "Loving" trap and don't have what it takes to admit that you are wrong about it. Obviously, you need to ignore that "Loving" is completely different, because you want so very badly for it to fit your argument. But it's a case about race, not marriage, which I'm sure you know, not even that deep down, but... you... just... can't... face the truth. Carry on.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #446
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm blocking you again for rewriting my post.... I freed you Django - then you went right back to ****ing with my posts..

    translation: once again your posts have been proven wrong and you choose to run away
    par for the course
    this wont stop me and many other posters from pointing out the failures in them LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #447
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,573

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Except that was corrected by the federal courts, not the states, just as the decisions with interracial marriage were corrected mainly by the federal courts, not the states.
    Yeah, like what? 58 years later. Gee, I hope that wasn't too inconvenient for anyone. No big deal.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    It appears that J has been blocked for having the ****ing audacity to edit my posts..... Golf clap to you J for rewriting my original post to adhere to your ignorant politics...


    Funny how someone doesn't get a warning around here for editing an individuals post...

  9. #449
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It appears that J has been blocked for having the ****ing audacity to edit my posts..... Golf clap to you J for rewriting my original post to adhere to your ignorant politics...


    Funny how someone doesn't get a warning around here for editing an individuals post...
    Translation: you still have nothing to defend your claims that marriage isnt a right and that its solely a state issue
    let us know when you do lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #450
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Yeah, like what? 58 years later. Gee, I hope that wasn't too inconvenient for anyone. No big deal.
    Which is still better than having left it up to the states themselves, where it would have been longer, evidenced by the fact that segregation is still on the books in at least one state and interracial marriage bans were just removed from SC and Alabama constitution/laws around 15 years ago.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •