Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 880

Thread: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

  1. #381
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,560

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    i'll say it till red in the face, 14th amendment
    And you'll be wrong with a red face. The purpose of 14th was to support the civil rights bill of 1866. It's not there to destroy State's rights, or to invalidate the 10th amendment. It was there to make sure blacks were treated as full citizens, with all the rights that come with it. Not property, as (oops!) the Supreme Court had ruled before (Nah, we can trust government now, nothing like that could ever happen again). Nothing to do with SSM. It's been perverted and used as a tool by activist judges to push their agenda. Absolutely nothing it was ever intended for.

    At some point, this will turn bad, because that's what happens when you give more and more power to government.

    That's my argument. It's not for or against SSM, it's using the courts in this manner to circumvent the Constitution. That's dangerous.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #382
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,560

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually the Republicans are usually the ones to get caught in that mess in their primaries while deciding who is "more socially conservative". Then they get beat up for it in the general election.
    The RINO's have no clue on how to pick a candidate.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    The RINO's have no clue on how to pick a candidate.
    LOL RINOs is code word for "Someone in the GOP that doesn't think like you". The fact is the Republicans pick those candidates and calling them RINOs is just embarrasing as an excuse.

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You can call them RINO's all you want, but in the end the Republicans choose those so called "RINO's" to run. Your response is what Republicans say when they are embarrased what they have done.
    It's those RINO's that have all the damn money....... You do know in reality you can "buy" an election.

    Hell, these RINO's will stomp on anyone who challenges them regardless of their platform - and libertarians - hell RINO's and even republicans do their best to snuff us out before we even get started...

    Why the hell you think libertarians have to run as republicans for? a) because we're a threat to the GOP establishment and b) both "liberals", RINO's and republicans have done their best to paint us as kooks all because we want less government or emphasize local government..... Libertarians are dangerous to the progressive, republican and RINO agenda which consists of "government knows best."

    These clowns treat libertarians like we're bearded militiamen waiting for a great war that want anarchy until that happens. Why you may ask? because we embrace freedom and the founding documents of the United States while the rest of the progressives and RINO's just want an Orwellian utopia where the elitists are elite and the rest of us are peasants that serve them..

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Why the hell you think libertarians have to run as republicans for? a) because we're a threat to the GOP establishment and b) both "liberals", RINO's and republicans have done their best to paint us as kooks all because we want less government or emphasize local government..... Libertarians are dangerous to the progressive, republican and RINO agenda which consists of "government knows best."
    Which is why I have said the duopoly system of Dem/Rep is a corrupt one. However, the Republicans are still Republicans and Libertarians are Libertarians.

    It's not the Republicans are RINOS, they are REPUBLICANS acting like REPUBLICANS.

    These clowns treat libertarians like we're bearded militiamen waiting for a great war that want anarchy until that happens. Why you may ask? because we embrace freedom and the founding documents of the United States while the rest of the progressives and RINO's just want an Orwellian utopia where the elitists are elite and the rest of us are peasants that serve them..
    Again, those are Republicans acting like Republicans. Why the suprise?

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Which is why I have said the duopoly system of Dem/Rep is a corrupt one. However, the Republicans are still Republicans and Libertarians are Libertarians.

    It's not the Republicans are RINOS, they are REPUBLICANS acting like REPUBLICANS.



    Again, those are Republicans acting like Republicans. Why the suprise?
    Right, and what is wrong with republicans - real republicans - not the good ol' boys....

    Republicans in my age group are WAY different than their predecessors...We're way more libertarian and tend to focus on fiscal responsibility rather than goofy ass social issues which is the only damn thing progressives care about.

    Republicans my age solve problems while progressives my age wouldn't know the job of the Vice President or even how government works - they only care about how much free money they can get from the government and racial quotas while pretending to understand issues they're ignorant to.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 10-08-14 at 10:24 AM.

  7. #387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Right, and what is wrong with republicans - real republicans - not the good ol' boys....

    Republicans in my age group are WAY different than their predecessors...We're way more libertarian and tend to focus on fiscal responsibility rather than goofy ass social issues which is the only damn thing progressives care about.

    Republicans my age solve problems while progressives my age wouldn't know the job of the Vice President or even how government works - they only care about how much free money they can get from the government and racial quotas while pretending to understand issues they're ignorant to.
    I left the Dems a long time ago for similiar reasons because they stopped being Dems. But the fact of the matter today is the Dems are acting like Dems and the Republicans are acting like Republicans. The Dems from before did not act like they do now. So to call them RINOS and DINOS serves no purpose because they are acting exactly like they do because that is what they are.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 10-08-14 at 10:30 AM.

  8. #388
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I think Prop 8 showed just what the general public thought about SSM.... If states want SSM then it should be on the ballot...

    Prop 8 was in 2008, why don't you feel that Maine, Maryland, Washington, and Minnesota which had Marriage Equality on the 2012 General Election ballot (and all 4 won), don't you think the more current vote would reflect what states want?



    >>>>

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I left the Dems a long time ago for similiar reasons because they stopped being Dems. But the fact of the matter today is the Dems are acting like Dems and the Republicans are acting like Republicans. The Dems from before did not act like they do now. So to call them RINOS and DINOS serves no purpose because they are acting exactly like they do because that is what they are.
    Then why the hell do you call yourself a libertarian when it is quite clear that Dems/Progressives and RINO's just want the government to treat you like child as if they think they know what's best for "everybody."

    These retards don't belong to Mensa you know - they're lawyers who look at everything as black and white...

    I'd bet collectively our congress has an IQ of 115-120 tops, which isn't bad by any means but the simple fact their "world view" as that of a lawyer really corrupts their minds, morality and ethics and on top of that boosts their ego's 100%...

    The truth is that many in government who aren't corrupted and serve their constituents refuse lodging and choose to sleep on the floors or couches in their office just because it would be a waste of money to burden the taxpayer with a nice hotel room.... It seems democrats love the idea of living in luxury - it's a free meal ticket for them...

    Democrats/Progressives/Liberals or whatever you want to call them have turned into aristocrats along with their 80-year-old RINO peers.

  10. #390
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: **BREAKING** U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Rule on Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Prop 8 was in 2008, why don't you feel that Maine, Maryland, Washington, and Minnesota which had Marriage Equality on the 2012 General Election ballot (and all 4 won), don't you think the more current vote would reflect what states want?



    >>>>
    NH made same sex marriage legal in 2010, but what's interesting about that is that we never put it to a vote. Our governor (John Lynch, a Democrat) said he was personally opposed to SSM but signed the law anyway. We had civil unions starting in 2008 or something like that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •