Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

  1. #41
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,210

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    The Texas Ebola Patient just died.

    I hope this puts things into perspective for the people that think a Flight ban out of West Africa is a bad idea.

  2. #42
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,305

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I prefer that you just relocate if you don't like it here. :-)
    I love it here, I just don't like where we're heading. Multiculturalism is the death of the west. The Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the Industrial Revolution..I don't recall reading about any Liberians or Nigerians who contributed to any of those vital moments in American history.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    I love it here, I just don't like where we're heading. Multiculturalism is the death of the west. The Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the Industrial Revolution..I don't recall reading about any Liberians or Nigerians who contributed to any of those vital moments in American history.
    How about all the various nationalities that did contribute to those things? This country was built on diversity. Or was that ok because they were all the 'right color?' Blacks and Chinese (in the West) were brought here against their will and STILL have contributed many important things to this nation.

    Multiculturalism is diversity....it is what makes us stronger...thru genetic diversity, as well. Any scientist will tell you how important genetic diversity is. The more diversity, the more contributions, the more ability to adapt, the greater the pool of innovation, the greater the chance of surviving disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Our entire government is grossly incompetent from top to bottom. The only thing they're good at is putting people in jail for small amounts of weed, and sending people to prison for not paying their income taxes. Our government has become the very same type of bloated and absent tyrannical mess that England was when we declared independence from it. We the people need to declare independence from our crappy elected officials.
    Yes, those are the only people in our jails

    Is this the same govt that has agreed to not enforce federal laws on states that legalize weed? ya, there goes your credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #45
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,305

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post

    Multiculturalism is diversity....it is what makes us stronger...thru genetic diversity, as well. Any scientist will tell you how important genetic diversity is.
    Oh really? Japan is 99% homogeneous, and has the third strongest economy in the world, as well as crime rates that are vastly lower than any other first world nation.
    Furthermore, we aren't hearing of any Ebola cases in Japan, yet there have been Ebola cases in the United States, United Kingdom, Spain, and Australia. Scientists are predicting a 75% chance of an Ebola outbreak in France by the end of October, and France is known around the world for its multiculturalism!! I think you're making a lot of Polly Anna assumptions without any cold hard facts.

  6. #46
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,305

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes, those are the only people in our jails

    Is this the same govt that has agreed to not enforce federal laws on states that legalize weed? ya, there goes your credibility.

    "More than half of federal prisoners are incarcerated for drug crimes in 2010, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics".

    The Drug War And Mass Incarceration By The Numbers

    That means more than 50% of federal prisoners are in for drugs. I think you need to read more.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    "More than half of federal prisoners are incarcerated for drug crimes in 2010, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics".

    The Drug War And Mass Incarceration By The Numbers

    That means more than 50% of federal prisoners are in for drugs. I think you need to read more.
    And yet you said 'weed.'

    That is very very different...as are the numbers...than 'all drugs'. Esp. at the federal level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #48
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    I love it here, I just don't like where we're heading. Multiculturalism is the death of the west. The Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the Industrial Revolution..I don't recall reading about any Liberians or Nigerians who contributed to any of those vital moments in American history.
    You might be surprised to know many former U.S. black slaves resettled in Liberia, the official language is U.S. English, and their government is modeled after ours. Unfortunately a civil war ravaged their country and they never recovered.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 10-10-14 at 02:35 PM.

  9. #49
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,305

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You might be surprised to know many former U.S. black slaves resettled in Liberia, the official language is U.S. English, and their government is modeled after ours. Unfortunately a civil war ravaged their country and they never recovered.
    They also descended into cannibalism at one point. And monkey meat remains one of the only sources of protein in Liberia. Sounds like the freed slaves who stayed in America have in pretty good compared to those who went back to their area of origin.

  10. #50
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,305

    Re: CDC responds to sick paasenger on plane from Liberia

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And yet you said 'weed.'

    That is very very different...as are the numbers...than 'all drugs'. Esp. at the federal level.

    Well...weed IS the most popular recreational drug by far. Plenty of Americans have done time in jail and prison for marijuana use or cultivation.

    And I stand by my original statement, which is that the current federal government is a bloated and ineffectual bureaucracy that needs to be replaced

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •