Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 565

Thread: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    The latest figures from the BLS show hiring's in August - the last month reported - are down over 300,000.

    Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey News Release

    Plus, looking at the stock markets...the DOW is now up YTD (year to date) less then 2% (and is getting hammered so far today - down over 300), the Russell 2000 is down YTD about 7%. So the markets are stalling/retreating.

    Hiring is down, markets are falling; why?

    Easy (imo)...QE is ending and Europe and Japan are falling fast.

    Like I have said many times, all this neo-Krynesian nonsense does is increase debt, make the rich richer and stagnate the economy in the end by getting it almost totally dependent on the government teat.

  2. #502
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,870

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, is that what happened?

    Coal Plants Affected by EPA Regulations
    Yes... It is what's happening.

    Shale Gas Takes On Coal To Power America's Electrical Plants - Forbes


    Or... If you prefer your own site....

    http://www.governing.com/news/headli...from-coal.html

    Tripped across this just from reading your link. Guess your own site disproves your own assertions.
    Last edited by poweRob; 10-09-14 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #503
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,226

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Wow...you just throw out everything you can and wait to see what sticks don't you?

    Being honest about Californias REAL economic and financial issues is " throwing out everthing " ?

    Here's the problem with covering up reality with Politically motivated BS.

    It marginalizes those who continue to suffer economically.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I also just found this chart on the BLS.

    And this chart DOES lend credence to the assertion that roughly half of the decrease in the LFPR is due to retiring seniors.

    I was definitely mistaken saying it was not.

    http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000


    Man...look at all the old people...their numbers are growing like mad.

    We need Carousel for over 75's...

    So...assuming that roughly 1/2 of the drop in the LFPR since 2000 is due to retiring seniors; if you eliminated retiring seniors, that would raise the LFPR to roughly 64.9%.

    Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics


    Once again, that would leave a U-3 unemployment rate (by my calculations) of 9.1%.

  5. #505
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So...assuming that roughly 1/2 of the drop in the LFPR since 2000 is due to retiring seniors; if you eliminated retiring seniors, that would raise the LFPR to roughly 64.9%.

    Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics


    Once again, that would leave a U-3 unemployment rate (by my calculations) of 9.1%.
    Hey, you can't link from the table like that. What you have to do is copy and paste the series report number (LNS......) and link to BLS Series Report : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    Of course when I did that for you when you demanded the data, you ignored it saying you weren't going to hunt down the numbers; but it's the only way.

    As for your calculations, remember that when you say "if the for were higher..." All you're saying is "if more people were trying to work..."
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Hey, you can't link from the table like that. What you have to do is copy and paste the series report number (LNS......) and link to BLS Series Report : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    Of course when I did that for you when you demanded the data, you ignored it saying you weren't going to hunt down the numbers; but it's the only way.

    As for your calculations, remember that when you say "if the for were higher..." All you're saying is "if more people were trying to work..."
    Thank you ('Hey' ?!?)...but I have no idea where this LNS number for the page in question is.

    So here is the search...just look at the top link and there is the data.

    BLS Search Results

  7. #507
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Thank you...but I have no idea where this LNS number for the page in question is.

    So here is the search...just look at the top link and there is the data.
    Loo
    BLS Search Results
    Umm the top link works fine to direct link Civilian labor force participation rates by age, sex, race, and ethnicity
    Why are you looking at projections?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Umm the top link works fine to direct link Civilian labor force participation rates by age, sex, race, and ethnicity
    Why are you looking at projections?
    I wasn't....I wanted to see the LFPR by age over several years.

    Is there another way to find them?

  9. #509
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I wasn't....I wanted to see the LFPR by age over several years.

    Is there another way to find them?
    http://download.bls.gov/pub/time.series/ln/ln.series
    It's a pain. And be very careful you're getting exactly what you want
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    http://download.bls.gov/pub/time.series/ln/ln.series
    It's a pain. And be very careful you're getting exactly what you want
    Thanks...but I don't need them that badly.

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •