Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 565

Thread: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

  1. #191
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    The same suspects every month, crying conspiracy and clutching to anything that resembles negative news. What a sorry bunch.

  2. #192
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I didn't say that people aren't working longer. Can you point to where I said that? Nor did I claim that boomers come from single child families, or what that has to do with anything. I don't know where you are getting this stuff from.
    I'm getting it from your posts. You claimed there were more people born in 1946 than at any other time. That would make those people 68 today. Their brothers and sisters have barely hit 65, and many have not hit 60 yet.

    Add in the census data that shows more 65+ year old people are continuing to work than before, and the suggestion that anyone 60 or over is retiring is not supported by the available data. Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation, but it seems your confusing retired, with retirement age.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    the only way you can know that I was intentionally being deceptive (which I have not knowingly been) is if a) I admitted it (which I have not) or b) you can read my mind (which I assume you cannot).
    You forgot c)

    c) When you post statements even you will not try to defend but want another to disprove.

    You know there's not a shred of evidence to suggest the numbers are fixed, but you're claiming it and/or defending it anyways to further your intent of claiming a bad jobs report. That's intentionally being deceptive and is dishonest.

    I never said the BLS was cooking the books.
    But Erod did and you were defending his position by knowingly posting statements for which you have zero evidence.

    I said I believe they are...big difference.
    And I believe you are five years old and since you have not shown me any proof which says otherwise, then I must be right.

    At least, that was the basic premise of your logic.

    Just as you cannot prove that they are not cooking the books.
    I also can't prove I'm not living in The Truman Show, but absent any facts to suggest I am, I'll simply have to go with the mountains of evidence which say I am not.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    The same suspects every month, crying conspiracy and clutching to anything that resembles negative news. What a sorry bunch.
    I think the takeaway is that no matter how favorable the employment or other economic indicators are, the Rightwing crybabies will start the spin cycle and come up with some ridiculous argument to claim that Obama is ruining the lovely economy he inherited from Bush (which was of course on the brink of collapse).

    It's all they can do at this point, and hope low information voters don't notice.

  5. #195
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    I think the takeaway is that no matter how favorable the employment or other economic indicators are, the Rightwing crybabies will start the spin cycle and come up with some ridiculous argument to claim that Obama is ruining the lovely economy he inherited from Bush (which was of course on the brink of collapse).

    It's all they can do at this point, and hope low information voters don't notice.
    I've a feeling we'll see similar bellyaching if a Republican takes the WH in 2016, but it's a pitiful display regardless.

  6. #196
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    How do double negatives raise the employment rate?
    If conservatives were able to actually act on their rhetoric, they would have cut government spending, and reduced the size of our GDP. This would have resulted in a lost of both private and public sector jobs. Also, if they would have increased taxation on the 47% (which they are constantly whining about not paying enough in taxes) then demand would have dropped, further reducing our GDP and resulting in fewer jobs.

    Sometimes not doing something has a better result than doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    You forgot c)

    c) When you post statements even you will not try to defend but want another to disprove.

    You know there's not a shred of evidence to suggest the numbers are fixed, but you're claiming it and/or defending it anyways to further your intent of claiming a bad jobs report. That's intentionally being deceptive and is dishonest.

    But Erod did and you were defending his position by knowingly posting statements for which you have zero evidence.

    And I believe you are five years old and since you have not shown me any proof which says otherwise, then I must be right.

    At least, that was the basic premise of your logic.

    I also can't prove I'm not living in The Truman Show, but absent any facts to suggest I am, I'll simply have to go with the mountains of evidence which say I am not.
    So, you have no proof that I knowingly made false statements.

    Noted.


    And I will agree to your request, you are now on my ignore list.

    We are done here.


    Good day.

  8. #198
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Awesome !!

    The Fed can stop QE ! And the millions of additional people who are now dependant on Foodstamps, can now go back to work !
    The vast majority of them are already working, but at bargain prices for the rest of us.

    Personally, I'd prefer to eliminate food stamps and all other forms of means tested welfare, but if we did that we would need to put in place some mechanism which would create higher wages (ie a higher minimum wage, or more government spending/jobs).
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #199
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Just as you cannot prove that they are not cooking the books.
    You are asking another poster to prove YOUR negative comment entirely made up by you and which is unprovable.

    This is just another wing of the false-equivalency party known as the GOP--though you continue to deny being a GOP though you post like one.

    while I am a proud, positive Democrat and don't run from my brand .
    Physics is Phun

  10. #200
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    I am one of the lucky ones that gets surveyed every month.

    "Hi, this is Lorna with the Dept of Labor, how are you in Phoenix this month?"

    'Fine how are you"

    "How many employees did you have for the week including the 12th?"

    "None, I fired the one that I had because he was late 3 days out of 5. And as a concrete contractor, being late just does not work."

    "OK then, fired one guy. My boss decided that we are going to count you as an employee this month, even though you are the owner. So no change in the number of employees for your company this month. I'll call you in October, have a nice month."

    This is an actual conversation with the Dept of Labor so when you say that they don't cook the books, I have to differ. They did something similar a year or two ago. Then after the election, back to normal.
    Who told you that. Is this documented?

    And you do realize that people who are self employed are ALL counted as having jobs don't you?

    Anyhow, they don't call employers, they call individuals. I highly suspect you just made up that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •