Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 565

Thread: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

  1. #181
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Personally, while I think that Obama is highlighting only the good news out of this, and that there is plenty more to the story concerning our economy, I do think it is good that it seems to be coming back although anemic as it is...

    Now do I think that it is Obama policies that are causing the slow come back? No. But that is just my uninformed opinion...

    Do I think that Repubs these days would do any better? I don't know, probably not...It's just a big mess, and we can't really trust anything that is being reported anymore...Ain't democratic socialism great?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Personally, while I think that Obama is highlighting only the good news out of this, and that there is plenty more to the story concerning our economy, I do think it is good that it seems to be coming back although anemic as it is...

    Now do I think that it is Obama policies that are causing the slow come back? No. But that is just my uninformed opinion...

    Do I think that Repubs these days would do any better? I don't know, probably not...It's just a big mess, and we can't really trust anything that is being reported anymore...Ain't democratic socialism great?
    You certainly have the right to your opinion.

    But I do not call a jobs report where 82,000 less Americans ages 20-54 were employed in September AND the average wage per hour dropped (by a penny) a 'slow come back'.

    Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

    Employment Situation Summary Table B. Establishment data, seasonally adjusted

    I call that a slow backtrack.


    Btw, I am neither dem or rep.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I have absolutely no recollection of him 'destroying my arguments.' But if he did, good for him...I hope I learned from it.


    Okay.

    I already explained why I ignore him.
    And it's already been explained why you really ignore him. So please ignore me, since I meet the qualifcations. Thanks.

    I don't respect him
    Because he posts accurate information and not cherry-picked data surrounded by fallacious arguments?

    Yes, I can see how that might lose your respect.

    I think he comes here to troll and he rarely posts links to unbiased sources.
    ...still waiting on you to show how the statistics provided by both Kush and pinqy are cooked. You've yet to even try.

    You don't agree...I don't much care.
    Clearly not, since you supposedly have a life and yet are still responding to me.

    Lol...really?

    So where is your proof that I am knowingly making dishonest statements?
    Good try at the red herring, but A) I already explained it and B) where is your evidence the numbers are intentionally deceptive?

    I'll say it again, since you seem to have this habit of "missing" things when it's clear you're talking out of your backside...where is your evidence the numbers are intentionally deceptive? For bonus points, please show your evidence the numbers are intentionally falsified to help only one party.

    Go.

  4. #184
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Save that BS for the Koolaid drinkers.people old enough to draw SS are not counted in the participation rate

    Yes they are. There lower limit is age 16, there is no upper limit. My 99 year old grandmother is considered part of the potential labor force.

    It's one of the drawbacks of the lfpr statistic. It really a valueless metric.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    Okay.

    And it's already been explained why you really ignore him. So please ignore me, since I meet the qualifcations. Thanks.

    Because he posts accurate information and not cherry-picked data surrounded by fallacious arguments?

    Yes, I can see how that might lose your respect.

    ...still waiting on you to show how the statistics provided by both Kush and pinqy are cooked. You've yet to even try.

    Clearly not, since you supposedly have a life and yet are still responding to me.
    I said I don't 'much' care, not I don't care at all. Also, I am bored right now. Finally, I had some respect for you.


    Good try at the red herring, but A) I already explained it and B) where is your evidence the numbers are intentionally deceptive?
    the only way you can know that I was intentionally being deceptive (which I have not knowingly been) is if a) I admitted it (which I have not) or b) you can read my mind (which I assume you cannot).

    So I will ask again for the last time, where did I state that I knowingly posted dishonest statements on this topic?

    If you do not provide the evidence, then I must assume you have none and you just made it up and you go around libelling people without proof.

    I'll say it again, since you seem to have this habit of "missing" things when it's clear you're talking out of your backside...where is your evidence the numbers are intentionally deceptive? For bonus points, please show your evidence the numbers are intentionally falsified to help only one party.

    Go.
    I never said (to my knowledge) that the BLS was cooking the books.

    I said I believe they are (or similar statements)...big difference.

    To what extent are they, I do not know.

    Can I prove they are...nope.

    Just as you cannot prove that they are not cooking the books.
    Last edited by DA60; 10-03-14 at 06:32 PM.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You certainly have the right to your opinion.

    But I do not call a jobs report where 82,000 less Americans ages 20-54 were employed in September AND the average wage per hour dropped (by a penny) a 'slow come back'.

    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t09.htm]Table A-9. Selected employment indicators
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.b.htm]Employment Situation Summary Table B. Establishment data, seasonally adjusted

    I call that a slow backtrack.


    Btw, I am neither dem or rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So, I assume, you admit you have no way of proving that the BLS did not cook the books to make the Dem's look better.

    Noted.
    First he cites BLS data...then wonders if BLS data is cooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #187
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    I love this: the Right pretending they care about working people while promoting policies that harm them and opposing policies that provide opportunity. It is sooooooooooooooo conservative.
    Hilsenrath Analysis: Jobs Report Keeps Early Rate Hike On Table, Tough Communication Decision For Fed - Real Time Economics - WSJ

    There are ten other links in this story in regards to this September job report.
    The WSJ seems to be the leader of the grown-ups from the righties.
    Their focus isn't on "you lie"
    It's on the ramifications of averaging over 200,000 jobs a month for at least eight months that I know of.

    The main concern for the WSJ is pressure on the Fed to raise rates .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #188
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I said I don't 'much' care, not I don't care at all. Also, I am bored right now. Finally, I had some respect for you.
    uh oh, somebody is close to being ignored!


    the only way you can know that I was intentionally being deceptive is if a) I admitted it (which I have not) or b) you can read my mind (which I assume you cannot).
    Is hypocrisy intentional?

    So I will ask again for the last time, where did I admit that I knowingly posted dishonest statements?
    Perhaps you did not realize your posts were hypocritical,

    If you do not provide the evidence, then I must assume you have none and you just made it up.e
    Look up.



    I never said the BLS was cooking the books.

    I said I believe they are...big difference.

    To what extent are they, I do not know.

    Can I prove they are...nope.

    Just as you cannot prove that they are not cooking the books.
    No, you said that others have no way of knowing if the BLS data is "cooked"...and now you say you believe it is....BUT....you cite it all the time!

    I think that is wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #189
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Sorry, but you are not correct. The data does not support your theory. People are working longer and the Census Bureau data supports this conclusion.

    Attachment 67173876


    Further, Boomers typically don't come from single child families. This means births extending into the early '50's.
    I didn't say that people aren't working longer. Can you point to where I said that? Nor did I claim that boomers come from single child families, or what that has to do with anything. I don't know where you are getting this stuff from.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  10. #190
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Personally, while I think that Obama is highlighting only the good news out of this, and that there is plenty more to the story concerning our economy, I do think it is good that it seems to be coming back although anemic as it is...
    Yet you can give zero links to more to the story can you--along with proving how anemic +248,000 is, compared to Bush's disastrous 6 months of averaging -740,000.
    All you can do is just say Obama is only highlighting the good news--which that many jobs is certainly good news.
    Only Democratic Presidents have done what you accuse BTW.

    Now do I think that it is Obama policies that are causing the slow come back? No. But that is just my uninformed opinion...
    Obama's policies are to blame for these new jobs--and the come back is anything but slow--and I am informed compared to what you admit.
    And all of your uninformed opinions as you call them are anti-Obama--try the Wall Street Journal--Bible of the conservo-rightists.
    Do I think that Repubs these days would do any better? I don't know, probably not...It's just a big mess, and we can't really trust anything that is being reported anymore...Ain't democratic socialism great?
    You freely admit that Repubs couldn't do any better, any better with a problem they caused BTW.
    You then rant off to Democratic socialism--as a worthless ending to what you have presented .
    Physics is Phun

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •