Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 565

Thread: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

  1. #171
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,320

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Jobless Rate in U.S. Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump - Bloomberg

    I know, I know... it's only true if it's bad news Obama.

    To those of us that are not abject Obama haters, this is fantastic news!


    Awesome !!

    The Fed can stop QE ! And the millions of additional people who are now dependant on Foodstamps, can now go back to work !

  2. #172
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    O

    Come on now.

    The fact that this jobs report is bad (imo - all extra employed are teenagers and over 55 PLUS 82K less 20-54 employed PLUS average hourly wage dropped) in no way proves that the numbers were not 'cooked' (nor does it prove the opposite).
    And your comment, in no way, addresses what I actually said. But thank you for missing the point (as you so often seem to do when replying to me).

    How do you know the numbers were truly horrible and the BLS was instructed to cook the books to make the Dem's look good for the midterm elections?
    How do you know the numbers weren't awesome and the BLS was instructed to cook the books to make the Dems not look great for the midterm elections?

    The conspiracy theory nonsense is stupid, and anyone who buys it is someone who cares far less about the truth than they do their own personal position. When facts threaten one's position, the intellectually honest will reconsider their position. The intellectually dishonest will ignore the facts and claim they are untrue, often times with no evidence to support such an accusation.

    If you have factual proof from an unbiased source that proves that the BLS did not deliberately alter the numbers
    Good try, but your fallacious argument is laughable.

    It's not on me to prove the nonpartisan BLS didn't alter the numbers they report every month and have for decades. It's on YOU to prove they did. And since you have zero evidence of this, it's clear you are simply talking out of your ass.

    And since I assume you have no such proof, then you cannot factually say that the BLS did not alter the numbers.
    Given your earlier statement about how you ignore people who have proven you wrong, please do me a favor and ignore me now. Your schtick is tiresome, transparent and, ultimately, devoid of logic.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    And your comment, in no way, addresses what I actually said. But thank you for missing the point (as you so often seem to do when replying to me).

    How do you know the numbers weren't awesome and the BLS was instructed to cook the books to make the Dems not look great for the midterm elections?

    The conspiracy theory nonsense is stupid, and anyone who buys it is someone who cares far less about the truth than they do their own personal position. When facts threaten one's position, the intellectually honest will reconsider their position. The intellectually dishonest will ignore the facts and claim they are untrue, often times with no evidence to support such an accusation.

    Good try, but your fallacious argument is laughable.

    It's not on me to prove the nonpartisan BLS didn't alter the numbers they report every month and have for decades. It's on YOU to prove they did. And since you have zero evidence of this, it's clear you are simply talking out of your ass.

    Given your earlier statement about how you ignore people who have proven you wrong, please do me a favor and ignore me now. Your schtick is tiresome, transparent and, ultimately, devoid of logic.
    1) And where exactly did I make a statement about 'how I ignore people that prove me wrong?'

    Frankly, I pay more attention to people that prove me wrong as they are my best source for learning.

    But I generally ignore people whom I do not respect if they do not include a link to prove their position.


    2) So, I assume, you admit you have no way of proving that the BLS did not cook the books to make the Dem's look better.

    Noted.

  4. #174
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    BLS does not "cook the books." Its data is independent of the White House or Congress. Moreover, the basis of the labor force participation data you provide is also very same BLS that reports the headline unemployment figure.
    I am one of the lucky ones that gets surveyed every month.

    "Hi, this is Lorna with the Dept of Labor, how are you in Phoenix this month?"

    'Fine how are you"

    "How many employees did you have for the week including the 12th?"

    "None, I fired the one that I had because he was late 3 days out of 5. And as a concrete contractor, being late just does not work."

    "OK then, fired one guy. My boss decided that we are going to count you as an employee this month, even though you are the owner. So no change in the number of employees for your company this month. I'll call you in October, have a nice month."

    This is an actual conversation with the Dept of Labor so when you say that they don't cook the books, I have to differ. They did something similar a year or two ago. Then after the election, back to normal.

  5. #175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Jobless Rate in U.S. Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump - Bloomberg

    I know, I know... it's only true if it's bad news Obama.

    To those of us that are not abject Obama haters, this is fantastic news!
    I think you mean to the Obama fanatics, its fantastic! To some of us, its just meh. More people employed, great, but still 40 million in poverty, 2 trillion spent on "human resources" (income support etc). When that goes down significantly, then itll be fantastic to everyone.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    What do you mean two different measurements? Both are percentage of the population.

    Not that much variance. It is roughly the same. The left Y axis has a range of 3.5 percentage points and the right Y axis has a range of 4.2 percentage points.


    Your math sucks. The intervals on the left Y axis is .5 percentage points and the interval on the right is .6 percentage points Not really an issue.

    You do realize that since they're both percentages of the same thing, it doesn't matter that one is from 31.5% to 35% and the other is 62.4 to 66.2? The difference is minimal.


    I made it and I just created it so you could see both together. And they both are going in opposite directions...Not in the Labor Force does not want a job went up 2.7 percentage points and the labor force participation rate went down 2.9 percentage points. Again, they're both percentage of the population. So how does the chart not accurately reflect the 2.7% increase in percent that doesn't want a job and the 2.9% drop in the labor force percent?


    How many times have you rejected my links to BLS because it's biased? Be consistent. And I did link to the BLS site and gave you the series report numbers.

    Sort of. Though I was using the seasonally adjusted data.



    For the third time posting the link and codes: Go to BLS Series Report : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    Put in the series report numbers I gave you:
    Population LNS10000000
    Not in Labor Force LNS15000000
    Labor force participation rate LNS11300000
    Not in labor force wants job now LNS15026639

    To get those who are not in the labor force and don't want a job, subtract "wants a job now" from the total labor force.
    I assume you know how to divide that result from the population to get the percentage.

    That's why I used the FRED site. Easier, and it's the same data.
    How many times do I have to tell you, I am not doing the big multi-quote post...I have a life, you know.

    Your graph (IMO) sucked...you don't think so...guess how much I care?


    I will ask you one more time, which chart are you referring to (with a link)?

    I am not hunting down the numbers..provide the links or forget it.


    Good day.
    Last edited by DA60; 10-03-14 at 05:42 PM.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    1) And where exactly did I make a statement about 'how I ignore people that prove me wrong?'
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I usually just ignore him.

    This time I saw a link so I followed him.

    But normally, he is on my Ignore list.

    Imo, he has a closed mind and comes on here primarily to troll...he is a waste of my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your rule is to ignore anyone that has destroyed your argument.
    My apologies. It was "anyone that has destroyed your argument". But you got the general idea.

    Frankly, I pay more attention to people that prove me wrong as they are my best source for learning.
    But you're not interested in learning, you're interested in cherry-picking data you can put forth which you can use to cast a negative spotlight on the data release. This is obvious because you constantly change the criteria you criticize. For example, this month it's which age range got the jobs. A couple months ago, I believe it was growth of part time or full-time jobs. It's whatever negative information you can find to pursue some nonsensical argument about how the jobs report is always bad or, as I believe you said this time (paraphrased) "fair, but I still think it's bad".

    2) So, I assume, you admit you have no way of proving that the BLS did not cook the books to make the Dem's look better.
    So, I assume, you still think your fallacious arguments are cute and not entirely indicative of your desperation to save face.

    Noted.

    This is what I'm talking about. You have no interest in objective and honest discourse, only fallacious arguments and cherry picked data. Your posts on this topic are always chalk full of dishonest statements, statements even you know are dishonest. You make a claim which is lacking in any evidence but you want me to prove your factually devoid statement is incorrect? That's stupid, but about par for the course. It's not on me to prove your factually devoid statement inaccurate, it's on you to prove your accusation true.

    Now do you have ANY proof the numbers are intentionally deceptive? Or will you do as you always do and just dance around the fact you've been proven wrong/absurd once more with some stupid "Noted. Good day." nonsense you always post when you know you've been exposed?

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I think you mean to the Obama fanatics, its fantastic! To some of us, its just meh. More people employed, great, but still 40 million in poverty, 2 trillion spent on "human resources" (income support etc). When that goes down significantly, then itll be fantastic to everyone.
    I love this: the Right pretending they care about working people while promoting policies that harm them and opposing policies that provide opportunity. It is sooooooooooooooo conservative.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    My apologies. It was "anyone that has destroyed your argument". But you got the general idea.
    I have absolutely no recollection of him 'destroying my arguments.' But if he did, good for him...I hope I learned from it.

    I already explained why I ignore him...I don't respect him, I think he comes here to troll, has a closed mind and he rarely posts links to unbiased sources.

    You don't agree...I don't much care.

    But you're not interested in learning, you're interested in cherry-picking data you can put forth which you can use to cast a negative spotlight on the data release. This is obvious because you constantly change the criteria you criticize. For example, this month it's which age range got the jobs. A couple months ago, I believe it was growth of part time or full-time jobs. It's whatever negative information you can find to pursue some nonsensical argument about how the jobs report is always bad or, as I believe you said this time (paraphrased) "fair, but I still think it's bad".

    So, I assume, you still think your fallacious arguments are cute and not entirely indicative of your desperation to save face.

    Noted.

    This is what I'm talking about. You have no interest in objective and honest discourse, only fallacious arguments and cherry picked data. Your posts on this topic are always chalk full of dishonest statements, statements even you know are dishonest. You make a claim which is lacking in any evidence but you want me to prove your factually devoid statement is incorrect? That's stupid, but about par for the course. It's not on me to prove your factually devoid statement inaccurate, it's on you to prove your accusation true.

    Now do you have ANY proof the numbers are intentionally deceptive? Or will you do as you always do and just dance around the fact you've been proven wrong/absurd once more with some stupid "Noted. Good day." nonsense you always post when you know you've been exposed?
    Lol...really?

    So where is your proof that I am knowingly making dishonest statements on this topic?
    Last edited by DA60; 10-03-14 at 06:02 PM.

  10. #180
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    In the conservative vision of the US economy, working people should work until their 85 just to eek by,
    while the rich rake it in and sit back on their verandas with the scotch brought in on silver trays.
    The Wall Streert Journal, the Bible of the Conservo-Rightists, doesn't try to change what facts mean in the way our right-wing friends do:

    U.S. Job Growth Rebounded in September - WSJ

    The WSJ even mentioned that jobs went up by 180,000 in August--higher than was first put out--proving the administration is not cooking the books.
    But only the GOP and its posters would continue to yell "you lie" about cooking books only to proven wrong time and again .
    Physics is Phun

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •