Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 565

Thread: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

  1. #121
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I know he's not Bush, although in a lot of ways, he is Bush part deux. So are you saying the lowered taxes for the rich and the Iraq war caused high unemployment?
    marshaling our tax surplus away from the treasury and instead into the hands of the affluent, and spending massive tax dollars on elective wars certainly had an adverse effect on our nation's economic health
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #122
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Uhh, thank you.

    But I don't care about a 'nice chart'...I care about the statistics that go into the chart.

    Okay, please tell me where are the statistics on the BLS website that contributed to the Fed's 'nice chart'?
    I already gave them to you
    Series Report tool

    Population LNS10000000
    Not in Labor Force LNS15000000
    Labor force participation rate LNS11300000
    Not in labor force wants job now LNS15026639

    So the red line is (not in the labor force minus not in the labor force wants a job now)/population In other words: those who do not want a job as a percent of the population.
    And the blue line is the labor force participation rate.
    Last edited by pinqy; 10-03-14 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Link fixed
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,159

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    This is not too difficult: Historically, participation among those over 60 declines rather dramatically. However, the realities of the Great Recession have reduced the weight of this historic relationship. Which confirms structural imbalances, e.g. underemployment, within the labor market.
    Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the claim that was made, or show it to be "incorrect."

  4. #124
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,064

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Save that BS for the Koolaid drinkers.people old enough to draw SS are not counted in the participation rate
    i meant see my previous post.

  5. #125
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    marshaling our tax surplus away from the treasury and instead into the hands of the affluent, and spending massive tax dollars on elective wars certainly had an adverse effect on our nation's economic health
    Well, I don't know that I agree, but I appreciate the response.

  6. #126
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    This is a new one. Apparently you can write anything you want and it won't be biased so long as you cite more than 50 others who actually had their work peer-reviewed.
    Do you have any issues with the regression analysis employed? How does it differ from the data by Erceg & Levin (2013), Shierholz (2012), Van Zandweghe (2012), etc...???
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #127
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the claim that was made, or show it to be "incorrect."
    Whatever you say.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #128
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,159

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Do you have any issues with the regression analysis employed? How does it differ from the data by Erceg & Levin (2013), Shierholz (2012), Van Zandweghe (2012), etc...???
    I have an issue with your earlier claim that because they cited over 50 peer-reviewed papers, their paper can't be biased. I was questioning your logic, not theirs.

  9. #129
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Or all of the illegal aliens voted for the Democratic Party.

    You can be sure that they'll have some wacky excuse.
    Aw yes. I forgot the ever so popular non-existing voter fraud epidemic that tilted the election to democrats. and BENGHAZI !!!!!

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  10. #130
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I have an issue with your earlier claim that because they cited over 50 peer-reviewed papers, their paper can't be biased. I was questioning your logic, not theirs.
    There are over 50 citations regarding the subject matter, not simply any peer-reviewed papers. We must also consider what DA60 tends to source; blog posts from zerohedge. I found it nothing short of ridiculous he would dare call the report issued from the White House biased given his track record.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •