Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 565

Thread: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

  1. #111
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    No, not term definitions.

    I need the parameters of the chart.
    Which parameters? It's all on the chart. I'm not sure what you think is missing.
    Here's the link, though FRED Graph - FRED - St. Louis Fed

    But now I assume you are saying the source of th chart is thE BLS.
    The source of the data is BLS. Where else could it come from?

    Then why post it from the Fed website?
    Because BLS does not have a tool that let's me input the data and make a nice chart. FRED lets me construct my own chart and my own transformations.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  2. #112
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by BringIt View Post
    I know you're being facetious and sarcastic with your comment, but it makes one ponder... What will happen to the job market when the President makes all the new illegal democrat voters, oops I mean immigrants, in to take the jobs, driving down wages, and then have to be counted in the tallies?
    latest_numbers_LNS11300000_1990_2014_all_period_M09_data.gif

    I'm not sure how he's being facetious....the aging of the population didn't come out of no where. The baby boom generation is a large generation and they are nearing retirement. Younger kids are staying in school longer because it's required in today's economy. A four year degree is nice but to really be competitive grad school is required.

    These are long term trends that some folk apparently believe only started at the election of President Obama. If a Republican President is elected and the trend continues I'm pretty confident you won't hear chirps about labor force participation declines since you never did under Bush
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #113
    User BringIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    08-12-15 @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    114

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Are you afraid of becoming better informed?
    Not at all. Are you?


    I read all 53 pages of the Administration's spin document. While I don't dispute the quoted facts, I do dispute the findings and conclusions. I can see where they come from however, because they are based on perceptions seen through the rose colored glasses of our nations leading progressives.

    For one thing, I didn't notice anywhere where that point out the amount of treasure (measured in trillions of dollars) that was paid by this Administration to drive down this key indicator.

    What's the ROI?
    Wake Up America!

  4. #114
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    That's good news for the country.

    Which of Obama's specific policies that he implemented as POTUS can be directly associated with and credited for this fantastic news?
    he brought us hope and change












































    just kidding


    he is not bush. he did not spend what would have been a tax surplus on lower taxes (disproportionately for the rich), nor did he originate wars of choice
    so, unlike his predecessor, it is more about the stupid decisions Obama did not implement
    no kidding
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #115
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,256

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    More nonsense. The labor force participation rate is increasing among retirement age individuals, therefore they can't possibly be putting off retirement??? That's your argument?
    This is not too difficult: Historically, participation among those over 60 declines rather dramatically. However, the realities of the Great Recession have reduced the weight of this historic relationship. Which confirms structural imbalances, e.g. underemployment, within the labor market.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #116
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,256

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by BringIt View Post
    While I don't dispute the quoted facts, I do dispute the findings and conclusions.
    Can you explain this in greater detail? What causes you to dispute these findings and conclusions?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Which parameters? It's all on the chart. I'm not sure what you think is missing.
    Here's the link, though FRED Graph - FRED - St. Louis Fed

    The source of the data is BLS. Where else could it come from?

    Because BLS does not have a tool that let's me input the data and make a nice chart. FRED lets me construct my own chart and my own transformations.
    Uhh, thank you.

    But I don't care about a 'nice chart'...I care about the statistics that go into the chart.

    Okay, please tell me where are the statistics on the BLS website that contributed to the Fed's 'nice chart'?

  8. #118
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    he brought us hope and change












































    just kidding


    he is not bush. he did not spend what would have been a tax surplus on lower taxes (disproportionately for the rich), nor did he originate wars of choice
    so, unlike his predecessor, it is more about the stupid decisions Obama did not implement
    no kidding
    I know he's not Bush, although in a lot of ways, he is Bush part deux. So are you saying the lowered taxes for the rich and the Iraq war caused high unemployment?

    PS - it's "hopey changey", not "hope and change"!

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    save that bull**** for the tourists. see above post.
    Save that BS for the Koolaid drinkers.people old enough to draw SS are not counted in the participation rate

  10. #120
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Jobless Rate in US Falls to 5.9% in September, Payrolls Jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    A study with more than 50 peer-reviewed citations pertaining to the subject matter is considered biased. This is why only most partisan members of this forum take you seriously.
    This is a new one. Apparently you can write anything you want and it won't be biased so long as you cite more than 50 others who actually had their work peer-reviewed.

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •