Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 381

Thread: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

  1. #221
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    A rather bizarre thing to say. The President respects the military enough not to send troops into Iraq without immunity and subject them to a judicial system famed more for meting out revenge rather than justice.
    The Obama Administration torpedoed those talks, as has now been revealed not only in interviewers with the negotiators, but by two of the administrations' own SECDEFs.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    what gains were made on behalf of the Iraqi People? we invaded their country, we toppled their government, we forced them to adopt a new system of government suitable to our expectations, we brought secratarian violence to their country, we dismantled their army, and we have became a occupying force.
    Their government?? Iraqi was a dictatorship!

    Good Grief!

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Not even close. I'm no fan of the entire stupid ME region over there and their religious zealotry... but Bathists were not Nazi's. They were not doing race purifications and anything close to what the nazi's did. Comparisons are ridiculous. Bathists were in power and did whatever they thought they had to do to maintain their power. Not to create a third reich.
    When any group behaves like Nazis, what's the harm in comparing them to Nazis? Why so sensitive in this area? Photos and Documents of Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood

  4. #224
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Strawman argument, eh? How astonishing.

    In fact we do get folks such as felons voting all the time - Senator Franken likely owes his seat to such illegal voters.

    As a single example, because it popped up quickly on Google

    ...RALEIGH, N.C. State elections officials said Wednesday that they're investigating hundreds of cases of voters who appear to have voted in two states and several dozen who appear to have voted after their deaths.....





    Vote Fraud Epidemic? Nah. But enough to easily demonstrate the laughable vacuity of the claim that it is too difficult for those who have the right to to vote in this country? Definitely.
    No straw man. You made an assertion and I'm asking you to back it up... And you came back with a story that was long on "Maybe possibly" and zilch on evidence or prosecutions.

    btw... if it's so easy to vote, why does it take people 7 hours or so to do it? That's not "easy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    De-Baathification appears to have taken place in a low-communication structure. The decision to send home the Iraqi Army, for example, wasn't coordinated on its way up. Bluntly, the Administration decided (for whatever reason ) to maintain two chains of command, and the result was people working either independent or at odds with one another.

    Basically, they did have a plan - it simply was inadequate to the task. Which admittedly may have been beyond any organization, given the restraints.





    I notice, for example, that Obama only just now got us below 6% unemployment. Why didn't he have a plan to get us there by the fall of 2009?
    i am willing to cut Bush some slack on iraq because the thing i am criticizing him for was an unintended an unforeseen consequence of removing a large group of people from power. there are many things that have happened over the course of this decade that have been unforeseen and were not anticipated to happen. Fair enough?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Real freedom means the freedom not to care, sigh.
    And expressing an opinion as well, sigh.

  7. #227
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    When any group behaves like Nazis, what's the harm in comparing them to Nazis? Why so sensitive in this area? Photos and Documents of Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood
    They didn't act like Nazi's. They were a minority crew trying to hold onto their power over a majority with extreme authoritarianist oppression. They were not pushing for race purity and pushing an expansion of a third reich. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #228
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I can agree with that. If only some weren't working overtime to make is so hard to vote perhaps we'd get a better turnout?
    Greetings, poweRob.

    I've been voting for years in the same place, and we all know each other since it's a small town. I still have to show ID to comply with Ohio law. The first time I was asked a few years ago, I was surprised because he knew me, so I asked why, and the man keeping the sign-in book said "I have to ask my own mother to show her ID." *Okay, that's fair* Most of the people I know just show their driver's license, or any other State-issued card with a picture on it. I don't know what other States require, though.

  9. #229
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    When any group behaves like Nazis, what's the harm in comparing them to Nazis? Why so sensitive in this area? Photos and Documents of Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood
    They didn't act like Nazi's. They were a minority crew trying to hold onto their power over a majority with extreme authoritarianist oppression. They were not pushing for race purity and pushing an expansion of a third reich. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    They didn't act like Nazi's. They were a minority crew trying to hold onto their power over a majority with extreme authoritarianist oppression. They were not pushing for race purity and pushing an expansion of a third reich. Not even close.
    Any similarity with their attitudes towards Jews? Censorship? A Master Religion?

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •