Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 381

Thread: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

  1. #191
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Because the NAZI'S!!!111!!!!!!!11

    Get over yourself and your stupid nazi comparisons.
    We removed the Baathists for the same reasons we removed the Nazis, and said so at the time.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #192
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I'm not the one who brought it up. I was asked why we removed all Baathists from government in Iraq. I answered.
    but we kept Gudarian,
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #193
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,039

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Because the NAZI'S!
    No. Because they were complicit in massive crimes against their own populace and against Humanity. Your focus on the fact that they were similar in that regard (and subsequent need) yes, to the Nazis, is an attempt to create a strawman argument.

  4. #194
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    We removed the Baathists for the same reasons we removed the Nazis, and said so at the time.
    Ohhhh... because Bush said so. I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #195
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    but we kept Gudarian,

    No. He was imprisoned until 1948.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #196
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No. Because they were complicit in massive crimes against their own populace and against Humanity. Your focus on the fact that they were similar in that regard (and subsequent need) yes, to the Nazis, is an attempt to create a strawman argument.
    Not even close. I'm no fan of the entire stupid ME region over there and their religious zealotry... but Bathists were not Nazi's. They were not doing race purifications and anything close to what the nazi's did. Comparisons are ridiculous. Bathists were in power and did whatever they thought they had to do to maintain their power. Not to create a third reich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No. Because they were complicit in massive crimes against their own populace and against Humanity. Your focus on the fact that they were similar in that regard (and subsequent need) yes, to the Nazis, is an attempt to create a strawman argument.
    Did we have to remove everyone who was a bathast at the local levels of government?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #198
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Ohhhh... because Bush said so. I see.
    It is the historical record.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #199
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No. He was imprisoned until 1948.
    but he helped influenced the development and founding of the bundeswehr, the west german military organization that replaced the Wehrmacht.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #200
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,335

    Re: Panetta unloads on White House for pulling US forces out of Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Greetings, cpwill.

    I well remember the pictures showing how proud they were to vote! It's a shame that some people here don't even bother ....

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •