Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 415

Thread: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

  1. #291
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't believe opposition to gay marriage in some cases has anything to do with "bible thumping."

    Some gays are just way too flamboyant for me to tolerate.....

    Not to mention I don't like the fact that some gays think they can just do whatever the hell they want even if it's not socially acceptable just because they're "gay" hence in their mind they're a "protected class."
    LOL

    I see women and straight couples and beer-guzzling man acting like pigs all the time. All of this 'socially unacceptable' IMO. The way some women dress, the way straight couples fondle each other in public, men acting like neanderthals catcalling women. It's just IMO tho. I am not the arbiter of 'socially acceptable' and I can just look away.

    It's more evident everywhere than 'flamboyant' gays. All the above behavior is just as 'flamboyant' in the sense that it's in my face and obnoxious.

    Your 'offensive meter' is very selective and bigoted. You live in America....people have free will and will act as they choose, within the law, in public. Dont like it....it's up to you to avoid it, not up the public to adapt to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #292
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    As the Supreme Court prepares to decide the future of same-sex marriage--an institution described as "newer than cellphones or the internet by one justice last year--two things are clear.
    Despite this year's breathtaking string of lower court victories, the battle for marriage equality hasn't been swift or easy. To the lawyers who devised the legal strategy decades ago, the journey has been arduous, the setbacks plentiful, and the battle scars deep.

    And even after the high court rules--most likely striking down state bans on gay marriage at the end of its term in June--the fight won't be over. Another clash looms over the issue of religious freedom.

    Read the article here: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    It looks like this battle has reached an important point.I don't believe that the 1st Amendment will stop this from happening.

    Churches will be able to do what they want to do, but businesses will have to obey the law whether they like it or not.
    yep equal rights is coming and some really dont like it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #293
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL

    I see women and straight couples and beer-guzzling man acting like pigs all the time. All of this 'socially unacceptable' IMO. The way some women dress, the way straight couples fondle each other in public, men acting like neanderthals catcalling women. It's just IMO tho. I am not the arbiter of 'socially acceptable' and I can just look away.

    It's more evident everywhere than 'flamboyant' gays. All the above behavior is just as 'flamboyant' in the sense that it's in my face and obnoxious.

    Your 'offensive meter' is very selective and bigoted. You live in America....people have free will and will act as they choose, within the law, in public. Dont like it....it's up to you to avoid it, not up the public to adapt to you.
    DING DING DING DING

    nailed it!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL

    I see women and straight couples and beer-guzzling man acting like pigs all the time. All of this 'socially unacceptable' IMO. The way some women dress, the way straight couples fondle each other in public, men acting like neanderthals catcalling women. It's just IMO tho. I am not the arbiter of 'socially acceptable' and I can just look away.

    It's more evident everywhere than 'flamboyant' gays. All the above behavior is just as 'flamboyant' in the sense that it's in my face and obnoxious.

    Your 'offensive meter' is very selective and bigoted. You live in America....people have free will and will act as they choose, within the law, in public. Dont like it....it's up to you to avoid it, not up the public to adapt to you.
    You're missing two different ideas here: 1) being that states have constitutions of their own and 2) I really don't give a **** about the issue...

    Don't confuse my knowledge of state and federal law with my opinions on issues - I'm merely telling you and giving you a legal argument NOT a moral or ethical argument. It's obviously clear that leftists cannot distinguish between the two.

  5. #295
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    The nature of things determines what disordered conduct is. Americans should not be bound to support disordered conduct, that is the point.

    Damnation.
    What 'nature' of things? Once again you are attempting your end run about a higher authority...that does not exist and 'man's' laws are not based on in this country. As such, using them to oppose actual law determined by *people* and their elected representatives is silly. Kind of like a little girl with a Barbie Doll inventing her own fantasy world around Barbie's Dream House. It has no more substance than that....altho certainly those types of beliefs are more widespread than Barbies.

    As you can tell by human behavior....even for many religious...fear of damnation holds no influence over them (That's the drawback about abstract beliefs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #296
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)You're missing two different ideas here: A) being that states have constitutions of their own and B) I really don't give a **** about the issue...

    2.)Don't confuse my knowledge of state and federal law with my opinions on issues - I'm merely telling you and giving you a legal argument NOT a moral or ethical argument. It's obviously clear that leftists cannot distinguish between the two.
    1.) states constitutions are meaningless to this topic thats why they are being overruled. The state has not right her
    2.) the knowledge you have posted as been proven wrong by many posters and posts

    if you disagree simply present your best case to ignore the facts, rights, laws and court cases that prove your statements false
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What 'nature' of things? Once again you are attempting your end run about a higher authority...that does not exist and 'man's' laws are not based on in this country. As such, using them to oppose actual law determined by *people* and their elected representatives is silly. Kind of like a little girl with a Barbie Doll inventing her own fantasy world around Barbie's Dream House. It has no more substance than that....altho certainly those types of beliefs are more widespread than Barbies.

    As you can tell by human behavior....even for many religious...fear of damnation holds no influence over them (That's the drawback about abstract beliefs)
    Because you disbelieve for practical purposes, I specifically didn't refer to God, but if you want to play make believe and say that I did, feel free to.

  8. #298
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You're missing two different ideas here: 1) being that states have constitutions of their own and 2) I really don't give a **** about the issue...

    Don't confuse my knowledge of state and federal law with my opinions on issues - I'm merely telling you and giving you a legal argument NOT a moral or ethical argument. It's obviously clear that leftists cannot distinguish between the two.
    There werent 2 different ideas in the post I quoted and responded to. Just your opinion...which is what I commented on. I didnt 'confuse' anything.

    Do not invent something that wasnt there just because I called you out on a bigoted opinion. Just own it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't believe opposition to gay marriage in some cases has anything to do with "bible thumping."

    Some gays are just way too flamboyant for me to tolerate.....

    Not to mention I don't like the fact that some gays think they can just do whatever the hell they want even if it's not socially acceptable just because they're "gay" hence in their mind they're a "protected class."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL

    I see women and straight couples and beer-guzzling man acting like pigs all the time. All of this 'socially unacceptable' IMO. The way some women dress, the way straight couples fondle each other in public, men acting like neanderthals catcalling women. It's just IMO tho. I am not the arbiter of 'socially acceptable' and I can just look away.

    It's more evident everywhere than 'flamboyant' gays. All the above behavior is just as 'flamboyant' in the sense that it's in my face and obnoxious.

    Your 'offensive meter' is very selective and bigoted. You live in America....people have free will and will act as they choose, within the law, in public. Dont like it....it's up to you to avoid it, not up the public to adapt to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #299
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Because you disbelieve for practical purposes, I specifically didn't refer to God, but if you want to play make believe and say that I did, feel free to.
    Really? We've already discussed, in depth, that there is no driving force behind nature with a higher purpose. NONE.

    And exactly who is doing all that 'damnation' then? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #300
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I think you stated the reality of the matter. The government has set forth a list of "protected citizens" who are specifically identified as "those who can not be excluded" which is entirely different than the government providing a list of who "can be excluded". If the exclusion reason isn't covered in any of those lists, you can exclude until the day is done. You can't exclude someone because you disapprove of their sexual preferences in a mate, but you can exclude someone if you disapprove of their lifestyle choice of being a KKK member because the law only applies to "those you can not exclude".

    It's so complex.
    Here is a simpler way to think about it. As a business owner, you can serve anyone you wish...you do not have to exclude anyone.

    If you serve KKK members there is no penalty for doing so. There is not many cases where KKK members have been ask to leave a restaurant...so KKK rights have not been tested.


Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •