Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 415

Thread: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, we should return to the 1950s with "white only" restaraunts.
    I wouldn't go that far - that is just illogical, however if a business wanted to do that then they should be able to.

    There are plenty of "black only restaurants" and there are plenty of black owned businesses who only hire blacks, some Mexican and Asian restaurants do the same.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't believe opposition to gay marriage in some cases has anything to do with "bible thumping."
    Sure it does, it is the MAIN reason that is given for being against it. Now is everyone that is anti-SSM a bible thumper? Nope, but the majority are.

    Some gays are just way too flamboyant for me to tolerate.....
    And some bible thumpers are way too "in your face" for me too. But I don't go around making it illegal for them to get married.

    Not to mention I don't like the fact that some gays think they can just do whatever the hell they want even if it's not socially acceptable just because they're "gay" hence in their mind they're a "protected class."
    Just like some heterosexuals do in MArdi Gras, at bars, etc. There are always those who are bad apples in a group. That isn't the majority of gays though. Just like some bible-thumpers stand on street corners, get in your face with psalms, etc.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I wouldn't go that far - that is just illogical, however if a business wanted to do that then they should be able to.

    There are plenty of "black only restaurants" and there are plenty of black owned businesses who only hire blacks, some Mexican and Asian restaurants do the same.
    Please show me a restaraunt that disciminates against whites and only allows blacks inside. Go right ahead.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sure it does, it is the MAIN reason that is given for being against it. Now is everyone that is anti-SSM a bible thumper? Nope, but the majority are.



    And some bible thumpers are way too "in your face" for me too. But I don't go around making it illegal for them to get married.



    Just like some heterosexuals do in MArdi Gras, at bars, etc. There are always those who are bad apples in a group. That isn't the majority of gays though. Just like some bible-thumpers stand on street corners, get in your face with psalms, etc.
    You need a lot to learn about freedom and even "bible thumpers"

    You do realize those "bible thumpers" are usually Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses and I don't like their aggressive behavior either.

    As far as service - why is it OK for blacks to turn whites away or Mexicans to turn whites away or Asians to turn whites away for jobs....

    Why should a company that receives a government contract be forced to meet a racial quota? - hell my dad had to put his business in my moms name just to get a government contract due to racial and sex quotas...

    Furthermore who the **** does the government think it is telling businesses who they can and cannot hire?

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Please show me a restaraunt that disciminates against whites and only allows blacks inside. Go right ahead.
    Go to every black urban area in the United States or any black suburb in the United States.....

    You ever go to a soul food restaurant and have a white server? I think not...

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet those bakers compromise their values for baking cakes for dog weddings and in one case did a pentagram on a cake. Face facts, they compromised their values for money except in the case for a gay wedding.

    They were shown to be the hypocrites they really are, like most bible thumpers that stand on the "holier-than-thou" soapbox.
    I honestly neither know nor care what on Earth you are babbling about.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You need a lot to learn about freedom and even "bible thumpers"

    You do realize those "bible thumpers" are usually Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses and I don't like their aggressive behavior either.
    Sorry, have seen Christians do it on the corners of Las Vegas year round for example. There are also plenty here in Reno, Nevada that do it to.

    As far as service - why is it OK for blacks to turn whites away or Mexicans to turn whites away or Asians to turn whites away for jobs....
    They don't. Please name a specific restraunt that does and for THAT reason.

    Why should a company that receives a government contract be forced to meet a racial quota? - hell my dad had to put his business in my moms name just to get a government contract due to racial and sex quotas...
    Well, that is where I disagree with the left on tremendously. There really was a time for affirmitive action, however, that time is long past IMO.

    Furthermore who the **** does the government think it is telling businesses who they can and cannot hire?
    Well as far as quotas are concerned you are correct. However, there shouldn't be discrimination based on labor laws. Sorry, but that is how it goes.

  8. #278
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    What compelling interest would that be?

    Clubs like the KKK? That isn't a business, but it does raise the point of whiners here coming across as defending that kind of hatred.
    Clubs like all-male or all-female clubs. They can operate like a business, with membership fees bringing revenue, and can restrict access to their services based on gender or other normally protected classes.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Go to every black urban area in the United States or any black suburb in the United States.....
    I have and many places have white guys there too.

    You ever go to a soul food restaurant and have a white server? I think not...
    Yes, I have and yes I have.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Clubs like all-male or all-female clubs. They can operate like a business, with membership fees bringing revenue, and can restrict access to their services based on gender or other normally protected classes.
    Clubs are not under public accomodation laws. They are considered private not public.

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •