Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 415

Thread: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I like Sonny.
    I found her behind the dumpster at work living in a tire as a kitten last year.

  2. #172
    EVOLUTIONARY ATHIEST doniston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    sheboygan, wi
    Last Seen
    12-12-14 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    953

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I like Cat's face.
    Got to be female

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,289

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    Got to be female
    I think Cat is a boy named Sonny.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Nothing can stop Alice's Restaurant?
    I do not understand the reference according to my familiarity with "Alice's Restaurant."

    Please explain more clearly if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    A good question. Although restrooms do not fall under the definition of public accommodations, they would be covered if part of an establishment that is (i.e. restaurants, hotels, entertainment venues). In theory, it would be legal under federal law (though stupid from a practical standpoint) to start a public outhouse business that catered to only one sex.

    The Federal government has no power to prohibit discriminatory public accommodations simply because they are discriminatory or mean-spirited. It must have a good reason to limit the rights of the business owner, therefore Federal accommodations laws need to be crafted as narrowly as possible.
    I have a feeling that no business or few businesses feel the need to restrict access to women....I mean really...who's spending all the money? LOL So perhaps it hasnt been challenged.

    Of course, women have challenged alot of private and/or membership-only organizations, clubs, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #176
    EVOLUTIONARY ATHIEST doniston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    sheboygan, wi
    Last Seen
    12-12-14 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    953

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I think Cat is a boy named Sonny.
    CRUE CAB said "I found "HER" and there is a genetic reason I commented as I did. Three color males are either impossible or extremely rare.
    Last edited by doniston; 10-06-14 at 01:28 PM.

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,289

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    CRUE CAB said "I found "HER" and here is a genetic reason I commented as I did.
    Right. I missed the "her". That would make her a girl called Sonny.

  8. #178
    EVOLUTIONARY ATHIEST doniston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    sheboygan, wi
    Last Seen
    12-12-14 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    953

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Right. I missed the "her". That would make her a girl called Sonny.
    I actually met and was friends with " A boy named SUE" not the one famous in song, but a transvestite Out in Cal

  9. #179
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well I ever gave about that issue in the first place- what I was merely pointing out to is the fact that those like myself who could care less would still find it highly offensive if some dudes (or even chicks) tried their nonsense in say a restaurant or a venue where the emphasis is family time...

    Look gays, just like every "minority" generally self-segregated, weather it's sexuality, interests or even economic status..... It may appear that from a progressive point of few it may be "fear and hatred" but in reality it has nothing to do whit that and everything to do with a) creating a better life for your family and b) self salvation/tradition etc...
    What does any of that have to do with marriage? We're talking about marriage contracts, not laws against PDAs. I find it offensive if you kiss your wife in public, do you care?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Gay marriage, once inconceivable, now appears inevitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Public accommodations is not really an equal rights issue. There is no constitutional right to be treated equally at a restaurant.

    The government is not protecting the rights of those being discriminated against, but impinging on the restaurant owner's right to discriminate because it believes it has a legitimate interest in doing so.
    That depends on whether you think the business owners' or the customers' rights prevail, doesn't it?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •