Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I did read the entire article. I didn't see where anyone else's vote was suppressed, or what the net gain was. Did they buy a list of Democratic voters? I doubt it, because the dead girl presumably wasn't a registered Democrat. I'm struggling to see how doing this intentionally took votes away from candidates who weren't the ones the Koch funded group was likely supporting.
    The scheme is to sow confusion are through attrition get a few thousand eligible voters who are likely Democrats to become ineligible due to false information in the packets.

    But you know that. You're just pretending this isn't another Koch Bros. rightwing scheme against democrats. It's the only way the GOP can win election anymore, due to demographic shifts that have left the GOP high and dry.

  2. #32
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    The scheme is to sow confusion are through attrition get a few thousand eligible voters who are likely Democrats to become ineligible due to false information in the packets.

    But you know that. You're just pretending this isn't another Koch Bros. rightwing scheme against democrats. It's the only way the GOP can win election anymore, due to demographic shifts that have left the GOP high and dry.
    Where in the article does it say this mailer was sent to people who were going to vote for the Democratic candidates? And how many votes for the Democratic candidates could the deceased girl have cast considering she would be 4 years old today?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Here's the pattern of GOP schemes. Those cheeky basterds

    Voting Suppression Schemes and How They’re Being Challenged - COLORLINES

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Where in the article does it say this mailer was sent to people who were going to vote for the Democratic candidates? And how many votes for the Democratic candidates could the deceased girl have cast considering she would be 4 years old today?
    The disinformation was sent to Marion county, among the more Democratic ones. Also sent to Berkeley and Jefferson Counties, both Democratic strongholds. See the pattern forming?

    By the way sending false information to voters is a felony. I hope the investigation goes all the up the Koch Twins and they wind up in jail for this.

  5. #35
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    The disinformation was sent to Marion county, among the more Democratic ones. Also sent to Berkeley and Jefferson Counties, both Democratic strongholds. See the pattern forming?

    By the way sending false information to voters is a felony. I hope the investigation goes all the up the Koch Twins and they wind up in jail for this.
    Please provide links to back this up. I'd like to see evidence that this mailer was targeted to Democratic voters. I've yet to see it.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Please provide links to back this up. I'd like to see evidence that this mailer was targeted to Democratic voters. I've yet to see it.
    Like facts matter to you. Googles your friend. It's all over the blogosphere.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    AFP (Americans for Plutocrats) has a history of voter suppression. The done the same thing before. Though this one might result in jail time for the Kochto Twins

    Koch-Funded Advocacy Group Under Investigation For Misleading Voters | ThinkProgress

  8. #38
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    Like facts matter to you. Googles your friend. It's all over the blogosphere.
    I Googled it and found no such thing. Please provide links to show where this mailer went, and that it went to Democratic voters.

    I did see in other links that it went to someone's cat, and that one of the mistake was that it said people had to have their registrations in within 30 days of the election, and the rule is within 25 days. And a return address was wrong. But nothing I saw from the AP to MSNBC supports your claim.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Americans for Plutocrats is working with State Senate President Phil Berger to suppress the vote (The Kochto Twins fund him), who recently ran a TV ad which implied, falsely, that voters will be required to show ID at the polls this year. In fact, the ID requirement that was part of the sweeping voter suppression law passed last year by state Republicans doesn’t kick in until 2016. So Berger was lying and probably committed a felony.

    This is how the GOP does it: a conspiracy for mass voter disenfranchisement. When are these guys going to go to jail is the real question.

    Koch group investigated for faulty mailers | MSNBC

  10. #40
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Some North Carolina Residents Mailed Incorrect Voter Registration Information

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    Americans for Plutocrats is working with State Senate President Phil Berger to suppress the vote (The Kochto Twins fund him), who recently ran a TV ad which implied, falsely, that voters will be required to show ID at the polls this year. In fact, the ID requirement that was part of the sweeping voter suppression law passed last year by state Republicans doesn’t kick in until 2016. So Berger was lying and probably committed a felony.

    This is how the GOP does it: a conspiracy for mass voter disenfranchisement. When are these guys going to go to jail is the real question.

    Koch group investigated for faulty mailers | MSNBC
    Interesting - no evidence to back up your claims about this story. Why is that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •