Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 601 to 610 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #601
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Notice how he is still trying to take those WHO ACTUALLY SAW ALL THE EVIDENCE aka: the jury out of the picture. Like somehow it makes his whaaaa whaaaa argument any more credible. Just let it go. Best way to deal with arguments that are based on "I'm right because I say so!"

    You not understanding that an appeal to their decision is a logical fallacy suits you just fine.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #602
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,507

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You not understanding that an appeal to their decision is a logical fallacy suits you just fine.
    No one is appealing anything. They had all the facts and you don't. End of story.

    Thanks have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Hasn't this been over for weeks now? What are you all still talking about?

  4. #604
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    No one is appealing anything. They had all the facts and you don't. End of story.

    Thanks have a nice day!
    Wrong.
    We had what they heard and saw.
    We watched it all as it was broadcast the first time. That evidence hasn't changed.
    The only difference is that we had more time to review and evaluate it.
    Dunn was reacting to a threat.

    Not only was what you said wrong, it was also irrelevant, as juries get things wrong all the time.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-21-14 at 09:25 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #605
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,507

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    We had what they heard and saw.
    We watched it all as it was broadcast the first time. That evidence hasn't changed.
    The only difference is that we had more time to review and evaluate it.
    Dunn was reacting to a threat.
    And the majority of people agree with the decision based on the evidence and their decision to convict. He was convicted not one once, but two twice. The only real question that is even the slightest bit iffy is the premeditation. Of course even the police thought is was premeditated. So what you think or your opinion is flawed. You assume incorrectly everything he said was the truth, he was shown to be a liar, end of story.

    So keep the blinders on and have a good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #606
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,507

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Hasn't this been over for weeks now? What are you all still talking about?
    If you are not interested in it, don't read it. No one is forcing you to read and/or participate in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #607
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    And the majority of people agree with the decision based on the evidence and their decision to convict. He was convicted not one once, but two twice. The only real question that is even the slightest bit iffy is the premeditation. Of course even the police thought is was premeditated. So what you think or your opinion is flawed. You assume incorrectly everything he said was the truth, he was shown to be a liar, end of story.

    So keep the blinders on and have a good one!
    And again it matters not to a discussion of the evidence.
    And I have already admitted to being in the minority, so? That doesn't make me wrong. Funny that you think it does.

    You again fail to realize that no evidence has shown his account to be false, which is not the same thing as "believing". That is your own absurd bias speaking again.


    Nor was he found guilty twice of the same thing.
    And as previously stated, the Jury really had no choice in regards to the first finding, but had he been found not guilty this time around that verdict would not have stood.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #608
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Notice how he is still trying to take those WHO ACTUALLY SAW ALL THE EVIDENCE aka: the jury out of the picture. Like somehow it makes his whaaaa whaaaa argument any more credible. Just let it go. Best way to deal with arguments that are based on "I'm right because I say so!"
    I don't plan to post anything more on the case, as there isn't much more to add. The vital facts, all widely reported, support the verdict. Based on the linked news stories, the claim of self-defense was unsustainable and lacked credibility. Therefore, the verdict was proper and the sentence well-deserved given the gravity of what took place.

    Claims to the contrary are little more than articles of faith, as they are disconnected from the full body of evidence that came before the jury (actually two juries) and the juries' methodical work to reach conclusions as to what happened. I'm a lot more comfortable accepting the juries' evidence-based conclusions from what I've read (noting that the jury had far more complete information), with some links provided, than alternative narratives that lie outside of the body of available evidence.

  9. #609
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I don't plan to post anything more on the case, as there isn't much more to add. The vital facts, all widely reported, support the verdict. Based on the linked news stories, the claim of self-defense was unsustainable and lacked credibility. Therefore, the verdict was proper and the sentence well-deserved given the gravity of what took place.

    Claims to the contrary are little more than articles of faith, as they are disconnected from the full body of evidence that came before the jury (actually two juries) and the juries' methodical work to reach conclusions as to what happened. I'm a lot more comfortable accepting the juries' evidence-based conclusions from what I've read (noting that the jury had far more complete information), with some links provided, than alternative narratives that lie outside of the body of available evidence.
    Pretty head on review of the matter. There really isn't much more to say. Am certain Dunn and a few of his new friends in the house all think they were innocent.

  10. #610
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I don't plan to post anything more on the case, as there isn't much more to add. The vital facts, all widely reported, support the verdict. Based on the linked news stories, the claim of self-defense was unsustainable and lacked credibility. Therefore, the verdict was proper and the sentence well-deserved given the gravity of what took place.

    Claims to the contrary are little more than articles of faith, as they are disconnected from the full body of evidence that came before the jury (actually two juries) and the juries' methodical work to reach conclusions as to what happened. I'm a lot more comfortable accepting the juries' evidence-based conclusions from what I've read (noting that the jury had far more complete information), with some links provided, than alternative narratives that lie outside of the body of available evidence.
    Except that you are wrong and didn't even have the evidence correct.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-21-14 at 11:10 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •