Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #561
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Just IMO this is a good example of how people's prejudice's and arrogance feed into their fears so that they arent capable of good judgement in situations. They see what they 'believe' they'll see based on those biases.
    off course. reality is reality, but each of us experiences it through our own perception. It's why fear alone cannot be excuse enough to infringe upon the rights of others.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #562
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You have it mixed up there.
    The threat does not have to be an actual threat, just appear to be so to the individual reacting to it.
    Incorrect, hallucinations are not valid defense for infringing upon the rights of others. A man tripping on mushrooms, seeing killer clowns everywhere cannot go on a killing spree and be found innocent. Neither can the delusions of one's overactive imagination fueled by their own fear be excuse for infringing upon the rights of others. If you give into your emotions and act rashly, you are responsible for the consequences of your actions. If it turns out you're wrong, you can go to jail if your actions were severe enough.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #563
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial
    Michael Dunn found guilty of murder in loud-music trial - CNN.com

    Sad day for him. He should have walked.
    Simply because Dunn perceived a person as "threatening" does not make it OK to execute that threatening person. Dunn stated that he "thought" the person was armed thus it was OK to shoot them "preemptively" to eliminate the threat - yet he decided not to stick around and explain that action. The jury evaluated the evidence (twice) and convicted Dunn based on that evidence.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #564
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I don't lie and have no need to lie.

    Obviously you are again doing it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I have not read it,
    Yeah you did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    and I will not because it is more drivel.
    The only drivel has been the crap you have been spewing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    It is moronic to believe someone has done something that you have no clue about.
    Not the case here. YOu read it and you know you did.

    You are just not that good at conveying false information about what you do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Nonsense. I know exactly why they convicted the idiot... They thought he based on the evidence, was guilty. Occams razor ftw!

    It is moronic to believe someone has done something that you have no clue about.

    All you know is that he was convicted, not why.
    As already shown it could be for any number of reasons, some of which would not be in compliance with the law.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    And yet with all your horn blowing about how he would be found innocent... You were wrong. So no "imagination" here. Just cold hard facts you are either unwilling or to self deluded to see.
    There is you own convoluted and delusional thoughts coming to bear again.

    There is a distinct difference between "should" and your "would". Learn it so you don't continue to make the same absurd errors.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    No. You are focusing on using smiles because your argument and what logic you had, has failed... Miserably.

    You can't even interpret smiley use either. Figures.

    No. Those smileys are laughing at the absurd logic you employ in your responses.
    And you focus on me as already stated signifies that you have no valid argument against the evidence. It is why you continue to so.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I am pretty impartial here.
    Just more dishonesty from you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I just think it is laughable that after claiming fervently how he would be found innocent... It was thrown right in your face like pretty much every said would happen.

    I just think that is funny.
    And again more dishonesty from you, and yet you say you don't lie. That is what is funny.
    And all because you let your bias rule your thoughts and turned should into would. iLOL





    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Incorrect, hallucinations are not valid defense for infringing upon the rights of others.
    Just more nonsense.
    He had no hallucinations, nor did the prosecutor allege any.

    Cops see different items in a persons hand as a gun all the time. They are not hallucinating either.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #565
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Simply because Dunn perceived a person as "threatening" does not make it OK to execute that threatening person. Dunn stated that he "thought" the person was armed thus it was OK to shoot them "preemptively" to eliminate the threat -
    Oh FFS, you are ignoring the evidence to even say such, and nothing you said counters what has already been stated multiple times.

    It wasn't simply because, and saying such flies in the face of the evidence.
    As Davis's friends testified, Davis was the only one acting irate and angry (toward Dunn). Not Dunn.

    Davis threatened to kill him. Displayed a means to accomplish that threat, and then started getting out of the vehicle to carry through with the threat.
    Those actions not only make it credible, but also immanent.
    Under such circumstances anyone should be able to fire "preemptively" upon the threat.

    Dunn thought he saw a gun, Davis's friend said he had a phone in his hand.
    Well golly gee Cops have mistaken a phone for a gun many times. Some are even adamant that they saw a gun despite the person being found with a phone, and they don't even get charged.


    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    yet he decided not to stick around and explain that action.
    1. He wasn't required to stick around.
    2. And he gave legitimate reason for not doing so at the time.
    People act differently, especially after traumatic events.


    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The jury evaluated the evidence (twice)
    Twice? D'oh! iLOL
    What exactly do you think that means? Especially as the first was hung.

    Statistically? It meant he was pretty much screwed.


    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The jury evaluated the evidence (twice) and convicted Dunn based on that evidence.
    As already pointed out, that is irrelevant to this discussion.
    Pointing out that the Jury found guilt in a discussion of the actual evidence after the fact of their finding, especially as their finding is already known, is pretty ridiculous.

    Secondly, unless a recent Juror has spoken out, you do not know why they found the way they did.
    It could be any number of reasons, some of which have absolutely nothing to do with the actual law, and would be a miscarriage of Justice. And even within the bounds of the law, Juries get things wrong all the time.

    Which is why an example of a Juror from the first trial was previously given. She voted to find him guilty because she said he had other options available to him.
    Like rolling up his window.
    Like parking in a different spot.
    None of which have to do with the actual threat and response to it.
    Had there been a conviction the first time around based on the way she voted, it would have been a miscarriage of justice.
    So like I said, Juries get things wrong all the time, and you, nor anyone else at this time knows why this Jury found the way they did.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #566
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Obviously you are again doing it.

    Yeah you did.

    The only drivel has been the crap you have been spewing.

    Not the case here. YOu read it and you know you did.

    You are just not that good at conveying false information about what you do.


    It is moronic to believe someone has done something that you have no clue about.

    All you know is that he was convicted, not why.
    As already shown it could be for any number of reasons, some of which would not be in compliance with the law.

    There is you own convoluted and delusional thoughts coming to bear again.

    There is a distinct difference between "should" and your "would". Learn it so you don't continue to make the same absurd errors.


    You can't even interpret smiley use either. Figures.

    No. Those smileys are laughing at the absurd logic you employ in your responses.
    And you focus on me as already stated signifies that you have no valid argument against the evidence. It is why you continue to so.

    Just more dishonesty from you.

    And again more dishonesty from you, and yet you say you don't lie. That is what is funny.
    And all because you let your bias rule your thoughts and turned should into would. iLOL

    Just more nonsense.
    He had no hallucinations, nor did the prosecutor allege any.

    Cops see different items in a persons hand as a gun all the time. They are not hallucinating either.
    I did not bother to read this either. I mean seriously you are probably still claiming I read something I did not, and then proceeding to claim more incomprehensible crap about the case.

    He was convicted, 3 times. 2 different juries. So it boils down to either...

    A. Everyone on the planet is smarter than you.
    B. Everyone on the planet is dumber than you.

    I will let the posts you have made tell the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #567
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I did not bother to read this either.
    So are saying you are just trolling because you can't argue your position?


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    He was convicted, 3 times. 2 different juries. So it boils down to either...

    While what the Jury decided is irrelevant to this discussion (as repeatedly pointed out), you can't even get it right.
    You can't even get that right. D'oh!


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    A. Everyone on the planet is smarter than you.
    B. Everyone on the planet is dumber than you.
    An example of your own ridiculously absurd bias.
    As already shown, other folks are of the opinion that Dunn should have been found not guilty also.
    One's opinion being in the minority does not mean their opinion is wrong. Funny that you think that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I will let the posts you have made tell the story.
    The "story" is that you are factually wrong, as shown by the evidence.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-19-14 at 04:59 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #568
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Incorrect, hallucinations are not valid defense for infringing upon the rights of others. A man tripping on mushrooms, seeing killer clowns everywhere cannot go on a killing spree and be found innocent. Neither can the delusions of one's overactive imagination fueled by their own fear be excuse for infringing upon the rights of others. If you give into your emotions and act rashly, you are responsible for the consequences of your actions. If it turns out you're wrong, you can go to jail if your actions were severe enough.
    What is surprizing is that many don't remember Michael Dunn's earlier television performance on Saturday Night Live as the recurring Pathological Liar.

    L2ltYWdlcy9icm93c2VyaWNvbnMvSm9uTG92aXR6XzQ1MC5KUEc=_H_SW469.jpg

    Yeah, thats what happen.
    Last edited by Crosscheck; 10-19-14 at 06:43 AM.

  9. #569
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So are saying you are just trolling because you can't argue your position?


    While what the Jury decided is irrelevant to this discussion (as repeatedly pointed out), you can't even get it right.
    You can't even get that right. D'oh!


    An example of your own ridiculously absurd bias.
    As already shown, other folks are of the opinion that Dunn should have been found not guilty also.
    One's opinion being in the minority does not mean their opinion is wrong. Funny that you think that.

    The "story" is that you are factually wrong, as shown by the evidence.
    Ywan. Same nonsense different day.

    Ummmm.... what the jury decided is what this whole thread is about...

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial
    Michael Dunn found guilty of murder in loud-music trial - CNN.com

    Sad day for him. He should have walked.
    So again you show how no argument is all you got, hehehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #570
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Ywan. Same nonsense different day.
    Stop putting it out then.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Ummmm.... what the jury decided is what this whole thread is about...

    Wrong again.
    It is not what the discussion is about.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    So again you show how no argument is all you got, hehehe.

    Said the one who has been unable to make a valid argument.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •