Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #531
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,312

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I know...emptying all those rounds into a vehicle with living humans into it and not reporting it? Not wondering if you killed anyone? Going and eating dinner (really, to comfort the gf who wasn't even in the vehicle?) I thought she didn't even know the extent of the exchange?
    When getting a permit for a gun, they should ask you a simple question.

    If you discharge your weapon in the direction of another human being, do you promise to report the occurrence to the police immediately?

    Yes------You may complete the application.

    No------Tear up the application and go do what ever it is that thugs do.

  2. #532
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    When getting a permit for a gun, they should ask you a simple question.

    If you discharge your weapon in the direction of another human being, do you promise to report the occurrence to the police immediately?

    Yes------You may complete the application.

    No------Tear up the application and go do what ever it is that thugs do.
    Altho not always required by a state, any training I've heard of for permit holders includes ALWAYS calling 911 after a shooting. One reason for that is because the courts tend to believe the first person reporting is the innocent party. Either way, it's totally for the protection of the shooter....unless the shooter is guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #533
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Going by the evidence and the fact no one believed his story... .
    There you go speaking delusional biased nonsense again.
    You are not going by the evidence at all. It is why you continually avoid discussing it after it is shown that it isn't in your opinion's favor.

    Nor do you know if they disbelieved him or not.
    They very well could have believed him but thought that it wasn't reasonable to use deadly force in such a situation.

    Or, as you were also previously told:

    We saw from the first trial one Juror who wanted to convict simply because she believed he had other options, like rolling up a window, moving to another space, etc...
    That clearly is not applying the law as it is written.
    If any juror who convicted him this time did so for that reason, his conviction should not stand.
    The fact remains that at this time (which I keep pointing out, and you fail to grasp) we do not know why the jury decided what it did.
    But what remains clear is that there is no credible evidence that contradicts his account of acting in self defense.
    Nothing provided by you or anyone else, or the false claims of racism, show otherwise.
    Nothing.

    But nooooo, you keep going in circles because you have no valid argument.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    but you, no the evidence says he lied and is guilty.
    No it doesn't. If it did you could point to it, yet can't.
    But for a gun, even Davis's friends testimony supported what Dunn said.
    And yet, even though pointed out multiple times, you fail to grasp that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I know as much about the evidence as you do.

    No, you clearly don't.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    but again you want to accept his lame excuse and story above the other testimony and evidence
    He has no lame excuse. He reacted out of fear, which is exactly what the evidence supports, which again, no evidence disputes. So you are again telling lies.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Fact. All one has to do is follow this thread. You are alone in this nonsense of he was wrongly convicted.
    More untrue nonsense from you.
    As previously pointed out, a local Florida poll indicated roughly a 61/38 split, and as I stated: "While I may be in the minority I am not the only one."
    So you are again speaking more nonsense, as others do agree, and the fact is as stated, you can not argue the evidence.



    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    So the bystander who has no reason to lie and was not affected by the situation at all is the one you want to discount? Sorry no amount of smileys can do a better job of showing the lunacy and absolute nonsense of your argument.
    The lunacy is all yours, as you are showing your bias and a failure to look objectively at the evidence in toto of this specific instance.

    Smith was a credible witness. The problem is that what he testified to was not.
    He stated that he was able to hear Dunn, who was behind closed windows and facing away from him, at a specific point in time, say: "You're not going to talk to me that way".
    The fact that Dunn was behind closed windows and facing away from him makes what he says questionable at it's best.
    But then, Davis's friends and Dunn both say during that specific period in time, that what was said was a similar: "Are you talking to me."

    Obviously Smith is mistaken.

    But because of your preconceived racial bias you want to believe what Smith said is the truth. Too bad, the other and more supported evidence contradicts it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #534
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    There you go speaking delusional biased nonsense again.
    You are not going by the evidence at all. It is why you continually avoid discussing it after it is shown that it isn't in your opinion's favor.

    Nor do you know if they disbelieved him or not.
    They very well could have believed him but thought that it wasn't reasonable to use deadly force in such a situation.

    Or, as you were also previously told:

    We saw from the first trial one Juror who wanted to convict simply because she believed he had other options, like rolling up a window, moving to another space, etc...
    That clearly is not applying the law as it is written.
    If any juror who convicted him this time did so for that reason, his conviction should not stand.
    The fact remains that at this time (which I keep pointing out, and you fail to grasp) we do not know why the jury decided what it did.
    But what remains clear is that there is no credible evidence that contradicts his account of acting in self defense.
    Nothing provided by you or anyone else, or the false claims of racism, show otherwise.
    Nothing.

    But nooooo, you keep going in circles because you have no valid argument.

    No it doesn't. If it did you could point to it, yet can't.
    But for a gun, even Davis's friends testimony supported what Dunn said.
    And yet, even though pointed out multiple times, you fail to grasp that.


    No, you clearly don't.

    He has no lame excuse. He reacted out of fear, which is exactly what the evidence supports, which again, no evidence disputes. So you are again telling lies.

    More untrue nonsense from you.
    As previously pointed out, a local Florida poll indicated roughly a 61/38 split, and as I stated: "While I may be in the minority I am not the only one."
    So you are again speaking more nonsense, as others do agree, and the fact is as stated, you can not argue the evidence.

    The lunacy is all yours, as you are showing your bias and a failure to look objectively at the evidence in toto of this specific instance.

    Smith was a credible witness. The problem is that what he testified to was not.
    He stated that he was able to hear Dunn, who was behind closed windows and facing away from him, at a specific point in time, say: "You're not going to talk to me that way".
    The fact that Dunn was behind closed windows and facing away from him makes what he says questionable at it's best.
    But then, Davis's friends and Dunn both say during that specific period in time, that what was said was a similar: "Are you talking to me."

    Obviously Smith is mistaken.

    But because of your preconceived racial bias you want to believe what Smith said is the truth. Too bad, the other and more supported evidence contradicts it.
    To long so I didn't bother to read it. It's just more of the same dribble you have been repeatedly posting that no one agrees with... The media, jury, populace, 99% of DP and 99.9% of the people involved.

    So with that, I will laugh at your statements some more and bid you good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #535
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    To long so I didn't bother to read it. It's just more of the same dribble you have been repeatedly posting that no one agrees with... The media, jury, populace and 99.9% of the people involved.

    So with that, I will laugh at your statements some more and bid you good day.
    You read it. You know you did.
    And discovered again you don't know the evidence, and clearly have shown you can't argue it.
    Your vapid responses testify to that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #536
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You read it. You know you did.
    No I really did not want to waist my time on more useless comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And discovered again you don't know the evidence, and clearly have shown you can't argue it.
    Your vapid responses testify to that.
    OK whatever you say. Of course you think I actually read that nonsense you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #537
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Mr. Dunn will be spending the rest of his life in prison: Loud-music shooter gets life in prison

    I'm sure that many times in the future Mr. Dunn will wish that he had just left that place. If he had he wouldn't be spending the rest of his life behind bars and that young man would still be alive.

    But he did what he did and now he must pay the price.

  8. #538
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Mr. Dunn will be spending the rest of his life in prison: Loud-music shooter gets life in prison

    I'm sure that many times in the future Mr. Dunn will wish that he had just left that place. If he had he wouldn't be spending the rest of his life behind bars and that young man would still be alive.

    But he did what he did and now he must pay the price.
    Awesome. Justice has been rendered in full.

    May others who feel they are entitled to prey on young black men learn a lesson from this thug.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  9. #539
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He has no lame excuse. He reacted out of fear, which is exactly what the evidence supports, which again, no evidence disputes. So you are again telling lies.
    People can act out of fear all they want, but if you do so without credible threat and infringe upon the rights of others in doing so; you are at fault and you get to face the punishment.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #540
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    When getting a permit for a gun, they should ask you a simple question.

    If you discharge your weapon in the direction of another human being, do you promise to report the occurrence to the police immediately?

    Yes------You may complete the application.

    No------Tear up the application and go do what ever it is that thugs do.


    Thugs always make promises and keep them, yes?

    It's easy to agree to anything to get what you want but the fact is most 'thugs' don't apply for a permit but get the gun off the street.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •