Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #501
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,612

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Exactly what I said except in legal terms thank you for the compliment.
    Oh bull. You said nothing of the sort. You are more Rusty the Bailiff then Judge Wapner, so don't think what I said was a compliment.

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Premeditation means you planned the murder out in your mind. As in PRE meditated. That is far different than a quick unthought out reaction to a specific situation.
    The link I posted said:

    The need for deliberation and premeditation does not mean that the perpetrator must contemplate at length or plan far ahead of the murder. Time enough to form the conscious intent to kill and then act on it after enough time for a reasonable person to second guess the decision typically suffices.
    A few seconds is all it takes to change from a crime of passion to premeditated murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Oh bull. You said nothing of the sort. You are more Rusty the Bailiff then Judge Wapner, so don't think what I said was a compliment.



    The link I posted said:



    A few seconds is all it takes to change from a crime of passion to premeditated murder.
    Exactly, if a guy pisses you off in a bar and you immediately bash his brains in with a beer bottle it is not premeditated. If you sit quietly a minute sipping your brew and plan how you are going to sneak up behind him and bash his brains in it is premeditated

  3. #503
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    All it takes is a few seconds to realize that what you are doing is wrong. I mean, that's not legal, or a technical term. The way I think it works is if you have time to talk yourself out of it, and you still go through with it, its premeditated. Again, though - I don't know. That's just how I always thought it to be.
    Esp. if it's faster to put the car into gear and get the heck away from the threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Ok, you owe me an Anchor Steam Beer. And a keyboard.
    Sorry... Where can I send them?...
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 10-12-14 at 05:51 PM.

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I'm sorry, but you are flat out wrong or simply misguided
    I'm sorry too, but you are flat out wrong or simply misguided

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Exactly, if a guy pisses you off in a bar and you immediately bash his brains in with a beer bottle it is not premeditated. If you sit quietly a minute sipping your brew and plan how you are going to sneak up behind him and bash his brains in it is premeditated
    It doesn't take a minute...
    Premeditation can occur in less than a second.
    It speaks more to intent than a period of time.

  7. #507
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,247

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Premeditation means you planned the murder out in your mind. As in PRE meditated. That is far different than a quick unthought out reaction to a specific situation.
    But realistically, this process in legal terms could tale seconds or minutes.

    I was not privy to all the actual evidence and testimony...based on what I have seen....he could have gone the "flipped a switch" route and in the heat of the moment murdered the teen and attempted to murder the others, but seriously, as a juror...it would have been really difficult to attach any credibility to Dunn.

  8. #508
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I'm sorry too, but you are flat out wrong or simply misguided
    Wrong..again!

    Use the search option and you will see Ex posting strictly on law/evidence and not on race, religion or any other emotional bs factor ..

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    It doesn't take a minute...
    Premeditation can occur in less than a second.
    It speaks more to intent than a period of time.
    Can you site a case where someone was convicted of premeditated murder that occurred in less than a second? Not being a smart ass it's an honest question. I just don't think it happens real world.

  10. #510
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,247

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Can you site a case where someone was convicted of premeditated murder that occurred in less than a second? Not being a smart ass it's an honest question. I just don't think it happens real world.
    I would have no clue how to effectively search that one, but my guess most premeditated murders are "planned" over the course of days,weeks, or months rather than minutes or seconds. But I am ok with it happening more quickly than that.

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •