Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #471
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,944

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    And here are some choice excerpts:

    "It's spooky how racist everyone is up here and how biased toward blacks the courts are. This jail is full of blacks and they all act like thugs," he notes. He goes on to say "This may sound a bit radical but if more people would arm themselves and kill these **** idiots when they're threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior,"
    What a racist maniac. Its clear that he doesnt like blacks and if given the opportunity would kill them all if he had the chance. This pretty much confirms he's a sociopathic racist who wanted to kill those kids because he didnt like them.

  2. #472
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    And here are some choice excerpts:



    What a racist maniac. Its clear that he doesnt like blacks and if given the opportunity would kill them all if he had the chance. This pretty much confirms he's a sociopathic racist who wanted to kill those kids because he didnt like them.
    I agree. And, seeing as how it has been open season on kids in Florida lately, (see Caylee Anthony, Trayvon Martin) he thought he could do what he wanted and get away with it. I am so glad he didn't. At least the people of Florida got this one right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Except for the FACT that it is a big deal.
    Except that it really isn't. D'oh!
    You choose to make it a big deal when it really isn't.
    Nor was he under any obligation.
    Given the circumstances, and what we know of, it is irrelevant.


    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Ask the jurors if they think it is relevant that he fled the scene and did not report and needed to be tracked down based on eyewitness information.
    How many times in this thread does it need to be said?
    No one knows (that includes you, duh), or has yet provided any evidence as to why the Jury decided the way they did.

    And as already said; If the Juror from the first trial is any indication, this has nothing to do with it, and has a lot to with Jurors not following the law, which is a miscarriage of Justice.


    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Only a person trying to evade prosecution would act in such a way.
    Wrong. Only in someones cynical thoughts would they assume such.


    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    And the jurors would be right to assume that.
    Wrong again.
    Jurors would be "allowed" to assume that. Not "right" for doing so.


    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Would you have left the scene and not immediately reported it to the police once you felt you were safe?
    It depends. And that is what you seem not to be understanding. People act differently.
    As was already pointed out. It was a traumatic experience, and he also had to deal with the basket case of a gf.
    There was, and is nothing wrong in his intentions.





    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I'm not going to bother with posting anything else, because you won't see it anyway.

    So you realize that he can not see what isn't there. Figures.





    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Inflaming the passions of others is fun? Because I see right through you.

    Troll
    Said the one engaging in exactly that behavior.
    Figures.


    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Excon just enjoys being a sphincter orifice (I'll let you decipher). The really scary part is that he might actually believe the tripe he posts here. Now that would really be scary.
    Get a grip. This isn't about me or your incorrect and imaginative thoughts about me.

    Try discussing the evidence.





    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No kidding. Talk about no evidence....
    Then debate the actual evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    a dead guy is labeled a thug for playing loud music.
    Stop being dishonest. No one here labeled him a thug for playing loud music.
    His threats against Dunn's life and exhibited desire to carry through with his threats by getting out of the vehicle to carry through with those threats made him a thug. And that is what the evidence says. There was absolutely no reason to get out of the vehicle like his friend Leland testified to his doing. Yeah, he is a thug for acting like one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    There was no weapon (no evidence).
    Wrong. There is evidence, as testified to.
    One not being found later does not mean that there was none, especially given the circumstances and the suspicious activity of Davis's friends.

    Now Davis's friends testified that he had his phone in his hand.
    If the Police can be cleared for shooting a person because they were in fear for their life because they thought a phone in a persons hand was a gun, than so should Dunn.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Dead guy did nothing but play loud music AND piss of shooter.
    Wrong.
    The only evidence provided showed it was Davis who was pissed off. Not Dunn.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Shooter kills **innocent** man, and that's a fact...but he's **innocent** and the other guy is a thug.
    Shooter did not kill an **innocent** person. That person was the one who was pissed and started threatening Dunn's life. Dunn's reaction was out of fear.





    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    And here are some choice excerpts:

    "It's spooky how racist everyone is up here and how biased toward blacks the courts are. This jail is full of blacks and they all act like thugs," he notes. He goes on to say "This may sound a bit radical but if more people would arm themselves and kill these **** idiots when they're threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior,"
    What a racist maniac. Its clear that he doesnt like blacks and if given the opportunity would kill them all if he had the chance. This pretty much confirms he's a sociopathic racist who wanted to kill those kids because he didnt like them.
    Clearly you do not know what the term racist means. And your confirmation
    There is nothing racist in there.
    You are seeing what you want to see, not what is there.

    Nothing there suggest that he thinks his race is superior to that of others races. Nothing.

    He speaks to the fact that the jail is full of blacks (Do you doubt that it was?), and goes on to speak to their actions as being thugs. Do you really doubt that those in a jail (a known criminal element of society) aren't acting like thugs? That is not speaking to all blacks, is it? Of course it isn't.
    He speaks to such as idiots and killing them when they threaten you. That is not speaking to all blacks, is it? Of course it isn't, as it speaks specifically to the idiots who threaten you.

    Not once did he indicate that his race was better.
    I am sure that like him, you also have no use for such black criminal thugs, which is not racism, but a prejudice against some folks for the way they act.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #474
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    I think it was 3 or 4 drinks and a champagne toast. On top of that, they left before the even the cake was served.

    Legally drunk? Maybe, maybe not. Under the influence to be certain.

    Possibly, but the greater thing for me, is that he left. Had he waited for police, and been able to be evaluated, it might have turned out better for him...Anyway, trial done...Now we can find the next white guy to crucify.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #475
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,216

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Possibly, but the greater thing for me, is that he left. Had he waited for police, and been able to be evaluated, it might have turned out better for him...Anyway, trial done...Now we can find the next white guy to crucify.
    I agree. He left. Much bigger deal. If he was in fear for his life, he would have reported to the police.

    What does his being white have to do with his conviction?

    He shot into a car with 10 rounds. He fled the scene. Wouldn't that be wrong for a black guy to do? Wouldn't he be crucified?

    Your "white guy to crucify" sounds like he didn't deserve to be prosecuted. Is that what you are saying?

  6. #476
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    I agree. He left. Much bigger deal. If he was in fear for his life, he would have reported to the police.

    What does his being white have to do with his conviction?

    He shot into a car with 10 rounds. He fled the scene. Wouldn't that be wrong for a black guy to do? Wouldn't he be crucified?

    Your "white guy to crucify" sounds like he didn't deserve to be prosecuted. Is that what you are saying?
    Not at all. Either one should have been on trial. The "white guy" comment was just my way of saying what is prevalent in today's media formula. Kind of like when that girl was missing in Aruba, people were saying that the only reason she got coverage was because she was white.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #477
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,216

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not at all. Either one should have been on trial. The "white guy" comment was just my way of saying what is prevalent in today's media formula. Kind of like when that girl was missing in Aruba, people were saying that the only reason she got coverage was because she was white.
    The only reason this got coverage was because the kid was black? Shooting up a car that is filled with kids isn't enough???

    Idle curiosity, if he has been forthright from the beginning - either stayed on scene or fed to the nearest police officer or station....do you think this would have garnered as much attention? If he did the "right thing" (after the wrong thing) this would have been a blip on the news - certainly not the circus it became.

  8. #478
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Possibly, but the greater thing for me, is that he left. Had he waited for police, and been able to be evaluated, it might have turned out better for him...Anyway, trial done...Now we can find the next white guy to crucify.
    Yep...Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

  9. #479
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not at all. Either one should have been on trial.
    What did the dead guy do that he could have been charged with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    His letters do not say he is a racist.
    Wrong ...They did.

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •