Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #461
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,203

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Trix is for kids. (Just an FYI.)
    Why do you keep asking what is already known and irrelevant?
    As many times as I have participated in discussions of the evidence of this case, prior to, during, and after his last trial, you would think you would understand that I know.


    And in reply to it; Big deal. He didn't get to carry through with what he intended to do.
    Your question, and by virtue of it, any point you are trying to make is irrelevant, as it changes nothing.
    Except for the FACT that it is a big deal.

    Ask the jurors if they think it is relevant that he fled the scene and did not report and needed to be tracked down based on eyewitness information.

    Of course it is a big deal. Only a person trying to evade prosecution would act in such a way. And the jurors would be right to assume that.

    Would you have left the scene and not immediately reported it to the police once you felt you were safe?

  2. #462
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Sorry, still not seeing anything overtly racist in what he says. What do you think is?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #463
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Except for the FACT that it is a big deal.

    Ask the jurors if they think it is relevant that he fled the scene and did not report and needed to be tracked down based on eyewitness information.

    Of course it is a big deal. Only a person trying to evade prosecution would act in such a way. And the jurors would be right to assume that.

    Would you have left the scene and not immediately reported it to the police once you felt you were safe?
    And I'll give to you there that is a good point. Probably weighed heavily in jurors decision.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #464
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,203

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And I'll give to you there that is a good point. Probably weighed heavily in jurors decision.
    Thanks, I cannot see how it would not weigh on their minds.


    Not that it matters in the case or would change the outcome...but he strikes me as one of those people who rather than mellowing with alcohol "loosening up" - he becomes more aggressive. My gut says that this would have just been a few testosterone driven exchanges if he didn't have a gun. But frankly I think the alcohol fueled his aggression. I believe carrying under the influence is a serious issue. But I am sure many would wholeheartedly disagree.

  5. #465
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,536

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sorry, still not seeing anything overtly racist in what he says. What do you think is?
    If you read the same letters I did, and still didn't see anything wrong with what he said, I'm not going to bother with posting anything else, because you won't see it anyway.

    Have a nice day. I'm off to clean my garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  6. #466
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Thanks, I cannot see how it would not weigh on their minds.


    Not that it matters in the case or would change the outcome...but he strikes me as one of those people who rather than mellowing with alcohol "loosening up" - he becomes more aggressive. My gut says that this would have just been a few testosterone driven exchanges if he didn't have a gun. But frankly I think the alcohol fueled his aggression. I believe carrying under the influence is a serious issue. But I am sure many would wholeheartedly disagree.
    Well, we all have things in our mind about what others may be like based on limited information, Lord knows I am guilty of the same. I also don't know that he was 'under the influence' either. He said he only had two drinks at the wedding, (although I am aware that is the standard answer whether one is drunk or not) but we just don't know that for a fact.

    Like I said, I am if nothing consistent. The jury convicted, so they weighed the evidence and based on that he is guilty.

    In that situation, I don't even know if I would have asked them to turn anything down...I mean hell, it's not my hearing they're ruining....The questions I would have had as a juror would have been for the investigating officers, such as why wasn't the adjacent parking lot searched? Why did Dunn leave the scene, I mean even if no one was hit, he discharged a weapon, if he thought he was right, he would have no reason to leave.

    *Sigh* I don't know....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #467
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,203

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, we all have things in our mind about what others may be like based on limited information, Lord knows I am guilty of the same. I also don't know that he was 'under the influence' either. He said he only had two drinks at the wedding, (although I am aware that is the standard answer whether one is drunk or not) but we just don't know that for a fact.

    Like I said, I am if nothing consistent. The jury convicted, so they weighed the evidence and based on that he is guilty.

    In that situation, I don't even know if I would have asked them to turn anything down...I mean hell, it's not my hearing they're ruining....The questions I would have had as a juror would have been for the investigating officers, such as why wasn't the adjacent parking lot searched? Why did Dunn leave the scene, I mean even if no one was hit, he discharged a weapon, if he thought he was right, he would have no reason to leave.

    *Sigh* I don't know....
    I think it was 3 or 4 drinks and a champagne toast. On top of that, they left before the even the cake was served.

    Legally drunk? Maybe, maybe not. Under the influence to be certain.

  8. #468
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,036

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Wrong. An innocent man will be doing time for a crime he did not commit. And the community is a lot safer with the real thug having killed.
    Inflaming the passions of others is fun? Because I see right through you.

    Troll

    /ignore
    Last edited by csbrown28; 10-10-14 at 10:02 PM.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  9. #469
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Inflaming the passions of others is fun? Because I see right through you.

    Troll

    /ignore
    No kidding. Talk about no evidence....a dead guy is labeled a thug for playing loud music. There was no weapon (no evidence). Dead guy did nothing but play loud music AND piss of shooter. BUT!!! He's a thug. /sarcasm. Shooter kills **innocent** man, and that's a fact...but he's **innocent** and the other guy is a thug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #470
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,036

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No kidding. Talk about no evidence....a dead guy is labeled a thug for playing loud music. There was no weapon (no evidence). Dead guy did nothing but play loud music AND piss of shooter. BUT!!! He's a thug. /sarcasm. Shooter kills **innocent** man, and that's a fact...but he's **innocent** and the other guy is a thug.
    Excon just enjoys being a sphincter orifice (I'll let you decipher). The really scary part is that he might actually believe the tripe he posts here. Now that would really be scary.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •