Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #421
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,116

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    My premise is that if Dunn truly felt his life was in imminent danger, he would have shifted into gear and backed up or gone forward to avoid the threat, rather than reaching over to the glove box, taking out his weapon, possibly chambering a round, aiming, and shooting.

    Which do you think would have been a faster way to avoid death?
    Yep, that is a liberal mantra..."RUN!!!!"
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #422
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,170

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, that is a liberal mantra..."RUN!!!!"
    As a firm supporter of the 2A and a cc permit holder, you now look very very silly.

    Yes, I have trained very carefully in order to use my 9mm in self-defense and I dont care HOW clear the threat or big an asshole....I will retreat every time if I can.

    Case in point: Michael Dunn. Need another one? George Zimmerman. Doesnt matter that he got off....his life is ruined.

    Need more: every single gun owner that was justified in using their guns to protect themselves or their homes and STILL lost their homes and/or tens of thousands of $$$ in court costs having to defend themselves.

    Yes, you answered like a man, beating his chest. And made all men look bad, if one were to generalize. (Which I wont.) You sound like someone that would end up just like Michael Dunn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Welfare is a bad thing? It is essentially free money. It is not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I look at abortion the same way I do Pineapple Pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #423
    Part of the problem.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,734

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And may have been dead himself.
    Right. Assault with a deadly tripod.
    ~*~ That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies. ~*~

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler
    November 2018, vote as if your lives depend upon it, because they just might.

  4. #424
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,116

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    As a firm supporter of the 2A and a cc permit holder, you now look very very silly.

    Yes, I have trained very carefully in order to use my 9mm in self-defense and I dont care HOW clear the threat or big an asshole....I will retreat every time if I can.

    Case in point: Michael Dunn. Need another one? George Zimmerman. Doesnt matter that he got off....his life is ruined.

    Need more: every single gun owner that was justified in using their guns to protect themselves or their homes and STILL lost their homes and/or tens of thousands of $$$ in court costs having to defend themselves.

    Yes, you answered like a man, beating his chest. And made all men look bad, if one were to generalize. (Which I wont.) You sound like someone that would end up just like Michael Dunn.
    Far from it missy. And I don't give two ****s what your gun ownership resume is, the fact that your prevailing instinct is to retreat makes me wonder why you have one. But its your own business I guess. I'll keep watch to see where you line up on 2nd amendment issues in the future.

    By the by, you seem awfully quick to lump me in with your caricature of Dunn without ever having met me. That points more to your looking silly that your irrational outburst here.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #425
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,170

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Far from it missy. And I don't give two ****s what your gun ownership resume is, the fact that your prevailing instinct is to retreat makes me wonder why you have one. But its your own business I guess. I'll keep watch to see where you line up on 2nd amendment issues in the future.

    By the by, you seem awfully quick to lump me in with your caricature of Dunn without ever having met me. That points more to your looking silly that your irrational outburst here.
    Thanks. You just reinforced everything I wrote.

    You just implied you'd rather kill than retreat if you had the option.

    It's your money and your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Welfare is a bad thing? It is essentially free money. It is not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I look at abortion the same way I do Pineapple Pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #426
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,911

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes, I have trained very carefully in order to use my 9mm in self-defense and I dont care HOW clear the threat or big an asshole....I will retreat every time if I can.

    Case in point: Michael Dunn. Need another one? George Zimmerman. Doesnt matter that he got off....his life is ruined.
    Very well said.

    Though I am very infrequently armed- I just rarely feel the need, I am also firmly resolved to follow the Olde Common Law wisdom that required retreating if possible.

    Even though Florida SYG eliminated the need (foolishly in my opinion- Common Law principals are based on centuries of learned common sense), as you pointed out, even legitimate defenses are just too costly (Zimmerman), and at least one jury was tired of the Michael Dunns of the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Far from it missy. And I don't give two ****s what your gun ownership resume is, the fact that your prevailing instinct is to retreat makes me wonder why you have one.
    What? This makes no sense what so ever. There are alot of very sound reasons why someone would not want to be involved in an avoidable shooting.

    Sweating bullets (get it) that a jury buys your side of the "I stood my ground- and needed to, absolutely needed to shoot "S" " is just one of many.

    Then factor in that the Texas law states one cannot provoke the victim (yet does not define "provocation") and the odds of a jury not buying into a particular SYG claim go upwards.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 10-08-14 at 04:43 PM.

  7. #427
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,705

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Far from it missy. And I don't give two ****s what your gun ownership resume is, the fact that your prevailing instinct is to retreat makes me wonder why you have one. But its your own business I guess. I'll keep watch to see where you line up on 2nd amendment issues in the future.

    By the by, you seem awfully quick to lump me in with your caricature of Dunn without ever having met me. That points more to your looking silly that your irrational outburst here.
    So you'd rather start shooting than extricate yourself from the situation if at all possible? Otherwise, why have a gun, right?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #428
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,408

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

    Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial
    Michael Dunn found guilty of murder in loud-music trial - CNN.com

    Sad day for him. He should have walked.
    Good riddance to that nut case, that thug will probably die in prison making the streets a safer place.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-18 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,679

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Based on the evidence a jury of 12 saw fit to end his life as he knew it. He has 3, 60 year sentences for attempted murder plus a life sentence no parole. You just keep on defending him though.
    How many times do you need to be told?
    We know what the Jury decided. We do not know why. Do you or do you not understand that?
    We also know that Juries get things wrong all the time. Do you or do you not understand that?

    That is why this current discussion is about the evidence and not what they decided. Do you or do you not understand that?
    Your continuing to bring it up is absurd.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Justice was served

    By the evidence there was a miscarriage of justice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    and your argument still looks ignorant and racist,
    You tell as many lies as you want but it doesn't change the truth that my arguments are based on the evidence which is not racist.
    But you false clams of racism, is racist.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    PS: I can't wait for the guy in Denver who shot blindly into his garage to get convicted. Then I can laugh at your lame brained justifications yet again.
    Muhahahah!
    You have no concept of the law or justice.
    So you speak nonsense.
    The only reason he would be convicted is because he verbally blew off steam in public.
    Not because of the actual evidence of what happened. That being he heard a metal on metal noise increasing his fear to the point of being fearful for his life.






    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Why is it "logical" to accept Dunn's word for anything? His actions following the incident certainly don't make him seem trustworthy.
    His actions afterwards seemed like exactly something that some folks would do considering the circumstances. They do not impart any dishonesty to his actions though. That is only from suspicious minds, not rational ones.

    As for accepting? There is no evidence to show that is account is false. Nothing.





    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao.

    [IMG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr2qfvGsSe1qfk87to1_500.gif[IMG]

    Look at that. More nonsense from you because you can not debate the evidence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #430
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,408

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Justice was served

    yep thats all that needs said, there was much evidence that put him away including testimony from his own girl and he also got caught lying multiple times
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •