Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Who has a life threatening experience involving gun fire and doesn't report it.
    I realize that was a rhetorical question because the answer is so obvious.

    ...only a murderer trying to get away with it would run like that...
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 10-05-14 at 02:28 PM.

  2. #362
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,266

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I realize that was a rhetorical question because the answer is so obvious.

    ...a murderer trying to get away...
    No, say it isn't so.

    A person opening fire into a packed car and not reporting his actions to the police and then travelling to a town two hours away - SHOULD be the real definition of a thug.

    Unfortunately for some, it just means black teens that enjoy loud music (go figure) and hate being told by grownups what to do (go figure).

  3. #363
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    Duh!
    All that Duh, and the killer bully is going to prison forever. Duh.

  4. #364
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    WTF? For the purposes of this topic I already did.
    What about his actions of threatening to kill Dunn, along with an intimated ability to do so, coupled with his getting out to carry through with the threat, do you not understand?


    Which has nothing to do with why Dunn shot at him.



    Lack of finding a gun (which they had ample opportunity to ditch when the drove away), doesn't mean there was no gun involved.
    Especially as the cops didn't bother to look for several days after it was reported. Which is a very important point.Especially as the driver called his aunt who was in the area with his cousin.


    In addition, as I keep pointing out, the tripod under the seat may have been what Davis used. Either to purposely intimate the threat of a gun, or to just emphasize the threat he made.
    And if that is what he did, that makes Dunn's response just as reasonable had it been an actual gun.


    And?
    The possibility that a gun existed still exists and as such, there is no evidence to doubt it.

    Unless there is some underlying mental health issue, which there is none in this case, people just don't go around shooting others for the hell of it.
    Responding to an actual threat is the norm. Not the exception.
    Dunn was responding and there is no evidence to counter that.


    Funny how you think saying he is a killer matters one bit.
    Especially as no credible evidence shows he wasn't acting in self defense.

    Funny that you do not understand that all folks do not act the same way.
    Fleeing from dangerous people is normal.

    As for not in a timely manner? BS. You do not determine what is or isn't a timely manner. Nor do you get to hold him responsible for something he is not required to do.
    He stated his concerns as to why he left and what he was thinking in regards to contacting the authorities and they are all valid.

    All you are doing is making **** up to not accept his account, and that just doesn't fly. Nor is it evidence that his account isn't true.

    All this is, is you making up reason not to believe his account
    .
    Ahem, the court made it all up, and framed a guy who was only crime was taking shooting in self defense because the loud music and insults were threatening his life? OK, then, there is no justice in the United States of America. Damn, shoot someone you don't like and you go to prison. That just sucks, doesn't it? And it's all Obama's fault too. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #365
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,266

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Ahem, the court made it all up, and framed a guy who was only crime was taking shooting in self defense because the loud music and insults were threatening his life? OK, then, there is no justice in the United States of America. Damn, shoot someone you don't like and you go to prison. That just sucks, doesn't it? And it's all Obama's fault too. LOL.
    You forgot the tripod. Don't forget the tripod.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,894

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    The courts have spoken. He's in prison for life. I actually feel sorry for him. He'll never have Thanksgiving dinner with his family. He'll never celebrate Christmas unwrapping presents. No more romantic weekends with his would be wife. Just locked away with hardened criminals watching his back for reprisal attacks and hoping he doesn't get caught alone. No more vacations. Of course, I feel awful mostly for the kid he killed, his parents and other loved ones. I agree with Angela Corey, Stand Your Ground needs to be repealed...but that's another thread.
    I dont feel sorry for him. His misuse of lethal force harms all the rest of us who need to keep watch over our right to own and carry firearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #367
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    You forgot the tripod. Don't forget the tripod.
    You know - my husband is a photographer, and has probably 10 tripods. Should I be concerned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  8. #368
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    You know - my husband is a photographer, and has probably 10 tripods. Should I be concerned?
    Not unless he is black and likes loud music!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #369
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,266

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont feel sorry for him. His misuse of lethal force harms all the rest of us who need to keep watch over our right to own and carry firearms.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Idiots like this do a lot of damage to gun rights.

  10. #370
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Excon is really jumping through some serious logical hoops (and in some cases just completely making **** up) in order to justify this man's reckless, deadly, criminal behavior.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •