Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #21
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I would dissagree based on the experience itself at the time. He made a consious choice to shoot a person that was no threat to him at all: that person died.
    OK, under that definition, Murder 2 charges should not exist- every murder is a conscious decision of some level.

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    As to your point, the same then could have been argued in OJ Simpson's case: he was mad, at any number of things, decide to go over to ex's house adn found her in the company of a young handsome man, so he became so emotional and outraged that he took out his knife - and out his knife - and only intended to scare the tow, but she grabbed his hand and he went crazy - a crime of passion that got out of hand.

    Should he then have been tried for murder two?
    No, because OJ actively sought out his wife as an individual, thus murder 1. If Dunn had a prior encounter with the victim, then actively sought him out as an individual, it would be murder 1 as well.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 10-01-14 at 06:54 PM.

  2. #22
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial
    Michael Dunn found guilty of murder in loud-music trial - CNN.com

    Sad day for him. He should have walked.
    I don't agree with 1st degree murder, but he definitely should have been convicted of something. The case clearly wasn't self defense.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  3. #23
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,681

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    OK, under that definition, Murder 2 charges should not exist- every murder is a conscious decision of some level.


    No, because OJ actively sought out his wife as an individual, thus murder 1. If Dunn had a prior encounter with the victim, then actively sought him out as an individual, it would be murder 1 as well.


    Ahh- but what IF - like Dunn, OJ defended hinself with that argument? Ya'see? I was just drawing a hypethetical comparrison.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Ahh- but what IF - like Dunn, OJ defended hinself with that argument? Ya'see? I was just drawing a hypethetical comparrison.
    Had OJ, after seeking out his wife as an individual used the "sudden rage" argument, it probably would have been rejected. Likewise, had Dunn sought the victim out as an individual (he did not), his "sudden rage" argument should be rejected as well.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,654

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    He shouldn't have shot and killed that young man.

    Hopefully this result will discourage other people from doing what this man did.
    What he did is completely out of the ordinary to begin with. Most people don't need to be discouraged from doing it.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Last Seen
    08-05-15 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    460

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Good day for justice, the jury was spot on!!

    You just can't go killing someone because you were dissed, and you don't like the volume of someone's music, i sincerely hope prison is a nightmare in hell for this POS...

    In society we have to face consequences of our actions, isn't that what those conservative freaks preach? i guess in their twisted sick minds, whites can just go around shooting unarmed Black men because it makes em feel good??

  7. #27
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,528

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Here's your quote:

    That quote is wrong, so I gave you this answer:

    "The jury decided on his guilt. A judge can't do that in a trial." And that is correct. Running a courtroom and judging a trial is not deciding guilt or innocence.
    Should probably make a new thread to carry on this important debate.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #28
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ARTHUR 1976 View Post
    Good day for justice, the jury was spot on!!

    You just can't go killing someone because you were dissed, and you don't like the volume of someone's music, i sincerely hope prison is a nightmare in hell for this POS...

    In society we have to face consequences of our actions, isn't that what those conservative freaks preach? i guess in their twisted sick minds, whites can just go around shooting unarmed Black men because it makes em feel good??
    Spare me the histronics:

    Most conservatives here would have convicted him of a crime (manslaughter or Murder 2). Also, most conservatives here realize that the biggest lethal threat to black teenagers are other black teenagers- something that Holder, BO and CNN just cant grasp.

  9. #29
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Spare me the histronics:

    Most conservatives here would have convicted him of a crime (manslaughter or Murder 2). Also, most conservatives here realize that the biggest lethal threat to black teenagers are other black teenagers- something that Holder, BO and CNN just cant grasp.
    The same applied to all races.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #30
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Unless I've got it wrong, this verdict is pretty much irrelevant unless the death penalty comes into play. Based on his previous convictions, he was never getting out of prison.
    It's semantics. It's ink for the papers. It gets people riled up and talking, which is good for business for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •